Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

03/11/15 - We're Halfway There!

Dear, Diary. Today I saw a gril. It was nice. Not Natalie, the other one. A practical application of game theory ala A Beautiful Mind could only conclude her to be mine. We can get married in game if the suggestion thread pulls through. I'm willing to upgrade my Medium Fortification to a Small Castle to win her heart.

Or4vDvn.png

wait wait he promises more natalie...

and then immeddiatly tells me not to get naked...

im only following this thread to see who does it first......

Glad you guys like the update! This is just a sample of customization going forward. As we move further into production we will be nailing down alot of details and tweak the looks to perfection. It is but a mere taste to show you that you won't see the same knight running around everywhere. Glad everyone likes the initial designs! I am also trying my best to keep the armor realistic but also  interesting with a bit of flair to it. (no oversized pauldrons with 40 skulls and spikes all over it).. Thanks all!

Yes, nice work!  I really like the way the art style is going.  Not too realistic and not too cartoony / childish.  I almost get the feeling that it could be a little Anime inspired.  I love Anime!

Can't wait to see all of this animated and in action.

Edited by Etheric

As stated in my post, I know that resources are not gained in the EK.  What I was asking is will crafting itself take place in EK, or will crafters be carrying their tools around with them.  That link provides a lot of what Mr. Blair said about crafting, and how important it will be, but that they don't want to make everyone "have" to craft...which means certain players will. 

Will they craft inside the EK, with the goods brought in by others who ask them to craft things for them?  If so, will they need land parcels?  If so, and EK is open to siege, will the crafter's supplies be lootable, (including those brought in by others to have the crafter craft things for them).

From all the information we have, yes, you will be able to craft in your EK. But unless all you want to do is craft and don't mind waiting until a new campaign begins to sell your wares, then you will probably want to craft in campaigns as well. I will be very surprised if free trade between the EKs and campaigns already in progress will be allowed, since it was written that import will be at the beginning of a campaign only. I am really looking forward to that vision statement. 

Edited by Mytherceria

I'm so waiting for this game I love MMO's. and lately I haven't seen any mmo to keep my interest. I like the fact that there is a skill system for skills instead of levels for characters plus the open pvp. I bought the Amber Patron because I expect to play for many years to come so make sure you guys at the Crowfall team spice the game up a tad ^^

As stated in my post, I know that resources are not gained in the EK.  What I was asking is will crafting itself take place in EK, or will crafters be carrying their tools around with them.  That link provides a lot of what Mr. Blair said about crafting, and how important it will be, but that they don't want to make everyone "have" to craft...which means certain players will. 

Will they craft inside the EK, with the goods brought in by others who ask them to craft things for them?  If so, will they need land parcels?  If so, and EK is open to siege, will the crafter's supplies be lootable, (including those brought in by others to have the crafter craft things for them).

YES, and you can either use your own land parcels or lease from the owner of a popular trade hub.

23. Can I craft there? And if so, why wouldn’t I just stay there instead of participating in Campaigns?

Yes, you can craft there – but Kingdoms do not contain Quarries, Mines or Mills. This means that they do not produce the materials required for building structures (houses, castles, etc.) They also don’t provide the rare reagents necessary to craft the best items.

Players who wish to build structures or create masterwork items within their Eternal Kingdoms will have to either participate in Campaigns, or be completely reliant on the other players that do.

Remember, though: most Campaigns heavily restrict how many items can be brought in from the Eternal Kingdoms. The best way to provide weapons and armor for a Campaign, is to join that Campaign.

-from the economy FAQ

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Don't know if this has been brought up but while I am sure they won't have a cash shop for buying special armor sets for appearance sake if they did they should open it up to the community. Think some thing like steam. I would love to create custom armor sets for this game.

I'm hoping the end product for character customisation doesn't force us to choose from several premade faces. I will play this game regardless, but as someone that has spent upwards of an hour adjusting sliders for cheek bones, I would like to request an in-depth character creation process.

Edited by Infynis

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

Still not there on the ascetic.  It is as one would expect of a game at this stage in development, undefined.

Rather generic and the silhouette doesn't pop out at all.  Say what you want about WoW's pauldrons, at least they have a recognizable style.

As does games like Monster Hunter, where everything is oversized, as the environments and enemies you encounter are all larger then life. 

Or Dark Souls entropic decay of the universe.  Everything looks worn down, rusted and battered, as if you scavenged your equipment off the long dead.... because you likely did.

Here gear still has nothing to say.  Even in a universe where this Hunger exists, much like Dark Souls decaying universe.

What does the Hunger say about the equipment you would find or make in that world?

Wouldn't you try to resist the Hunger?  Try and hold onto life and warmth a little bit longer.  Like the Bonfires of Dark Souls, being both ascetically and mechanically your last hope to cling to the humanity you have left.

Perhaps it's your Cloaks, like bundling up for the winter.  Which could also server a mechanical purpose like guild affiliation, ala Guild Wars.

Maybe as your gear ranks up it becomes better and better suited to resist the Hunger.  What resisting the Hunger looks like is something you'd have to figure out.

The cloaks could grow larger, more elaborate, with feathered/fur collars, slowly enveloping your character.  Maybe magic technology can be built in to keep you warm, and ward off the Hunger.  Like some sort of steampunk furnace.

So when you see your decked out character, you think "Winter is coming, and I am ready".

Glad you guys like the update! This is just a sample of customization going forward. As we move further into production we will be nailing down alot of details and tweak the looks to perfection. It is but a mere taste to show you that you won't see the same knight running around everywhere. Glad everyone likes the initial designs! I am also trying my best to keep the armor realistic but also  interesting with a bit of flair to it. (no oversized pauldrons with 40 skulls and spikes all over it).. Thanks all!

On the topic of realism.... why?

Why keep it realistic, what purpose does that serve?  If your just doing realism for realism sake, then your just cutting yourself off from potential ascetic designs for no good reason.  If your trying to lend credibility to your work by making it 'realistic', then you've missed the point.  All you end up doing is making your work look bland and generic.  And right now it is dead center of that.

And lets face it, your dealing with a world that has magic, gods, an ever present evil, and animal people.  Your pretty far afield from realistic.

It doesn't have to be WoW, but it does have to look good.

Make a design and ascetic that looks good, that's cohesive with every part of your game, and we'll all be happy no matter what form it ends up in.

Whether it be stylistic of realistic.

I like how the armor changes a little visually based on the additives used. However, looking at the face option examples, I hope our skin colors won't be tied to what face we choose. It would be a bummer if you wanted to have a certain skin color, but in order to have that color you had to choose the only face tied to that color. I'm not sure if that is the actual intent for the game, or if this graphic just doesn't go into that much depth on purpose. I'm guessing it's the latter.

Curious: will there be costumes that can change our aesthetic without taking off our armor (without changing our stats), or will armor need to be shown as it really is if it's worn?

I look forward to seeing more about the visual side of char creation, and all the rest of the info drops that are coming.

Also it was awesome to see that Mr. Star Citizen himself endorses you guys. Maybe we can land some of those space whales, if you know what I mean. XD

peastravaganza%20dos_zps4q178jpn.png

Another great update, love the artstyle and armor looks very nice. I agree that adjustment sliders are not that important right now. Better get the main game going .

The championships look interesting, tho i hope you don't need a big guild to be able to win. Hope smaller guilds get some loving too.

That said , keep up the great work and thanks for involving yourself so much with the community.

<3

Awesome update and glad i didnt have to point out "We want to see more of you on the forums" line ^^ funny video and just keep up the good work guys!

Seriously though you guys (Devs) dropped an awesome update yesterday. We need more updates like this on a a regular basis for the last 2 weeks of the kickstarter, just look how many backers we got yesterday compared to the 10 days before it.

Good update = around 500 backers.

Good work and keep em coming.

Edited by Zeonx

Excellent. 

I role play a wordsmith.