Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
willwill

Alpha 1 Up Time

Considering the cost to get into alpha 1 and 2 I hope they are permanent but there is no information about this. and with week'end testing you can't realy do that must testing the alphas will then just act as Demo plays of the game

Edited by Sephirothbe

...obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken. "***** ******"
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. "Alexander the Great"

They've mentioned that alpha access will be this summer, and that once you gain access to the game, regardless of state, you retain access.

Good question. Based on past experiences, and where this game currently is in development, I'm guessing the uptime will be sporadic and as needed.

For example, in the Kickstarter FAQ it states, "Alpha testing for certain features of the core module will begin at the end of Summer, 2015" 

"Certain features" are most likely specific systems. which wouldn't likely be a 24/7 kind of thing. 

Of course, I would love my prediction to be wrong and play tons of Crowfall this year :D

Interesting, so Alpha 2 I would think would be fall/winter then. Wow, that's going to come up quickly; I must be getting old.

Saved me from having to say it...  *cough*

I honestly don't like having access to a game too early.  I have had alpha access for Camelot Unchained and how unfinished and unpolished it is just...  I just don't work well with it, or vice versa.  I know some people love it, but it's not for me.  The game doesn't need to be *complete* for me to enjoy it, but there does need to be some level of finish.  (Just opinion, not expecting anyone to agree.)

"Certain features" are most likely specific systems. which wouldn't likely be a 24/7 kind of thing. 

I honestly doubt we're looking at 24/7 for a long, long time.  Near release.  But I think it would be tough for them to thoroughly test the campaigns if they don't have it at some point.

Good question. Based on past experiences, and where this game currently is in development, I'm guessing the uptime will be sporadic and as needed.

For example, in the Kickstarter FAQ it states, "Alpha testing for certain features of the core module will begin at the end of Summer, 2015" 

Of course, I would love my prediction to be wrong and play tons of Crowfall this year :D

Also there's this sentence in the FAQ that I am not sure I understand but still makes me sad :

"Alpha testing for certain features of the core module will begin at the end of Summer, 2015. We expect to be testing new features and content on a quarterly basis."

Also there's this sentence in the FAQ that I am not sure I understand but still makes me sad :

"Alpha testing for certain features of the core module will begin at the end of Summer, 2015. We expect to be testing new features and content on a quarterly basis."

I think that means alpha will be patched quarterly.

I am excited for Alpha, but not to play... to help.

Many people want to just "get in and play early." Good luck... have fun building a character and having it wiped every other day!

Many people want to just "get in and play early." Good luck... have fun building a character and having it wiped every other day!

I'm excited about exploration and discovery way more than I am for reporting bugs. To be among the first to discover Crowfall, its functionalities, the terrain, the objects, the sky. When I'll get past this step of wonderment, I'll certainly start looking for bugs.  :P

I was thinking they'd release (or request) certain features/functions to be tested every three months.  "Test this set of achetypes" then "test this set of archetypes", etc.  Then maybe "test this type of campaign" then "test this type of campaign".  So on and so forth.

I was thinking they'd release (or request) certain features/functions to be tested every three months.  "Test this set of achetypes" then "test this set of archetypes", etc.  Then maybe "test this type of campaign" then "test this type of campaign".  So on and so forth.

Yea, quarterly usually refers to "every 3 months". I think your interpretation is the most plausible.

Also, they've written in the Kickstarter FAQ :

"The process is:

• We work on the game
  • We test it internally
  • We decide that we are ready to run an external test of existing features and content
  • Invite in a small number of “pre-alpha” testers to play it, to find bugs and get feedback
  • Go back into development
  • Invite Pre-Alpha + Alpha 1 testers
  • Go back into development

…and so on, until we have completed the product and tested it sufficiently for launch."

So, by me, the testing windows could resemble something like 2-3 weeks of testing every 3 months. I hope this is inaccurate!  :P

Edited by courant101

I don't think they will do many character wipes. Considering the length of time it will take to tinker with the attribute/skill system they can't do wipes.

Saved me from having to say it...  *cough*

I honestly don't like having access to a game too early.  I have had alpha access for Camelot Unchained and how unfinished and unpolished it is just...  I just don't work well with it, or vice versa.  I know some people love it, but it's not for me.  The game doesn't need to be *complete* for me to enjoy it, but there does need to be some level of finish.  (Just opinion, not expecting anyone to agree.)

See I love Alpha tests. You get to see what the Devs wanted to do, rather than what they were able to do or what was profitable to do.

David Sirlin's Balancing Multiplayer Games should be mandatory reading for all gamers.

Weekly or even daily patches seem more likely.

New features and content quarterly is very ambitious.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)