Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fuey500

Damage Druids

Anyone else worried druids might do bad damage because of the support role? (Just saying this because in WoW I loved druids for the Boomkin aspect of it and shape-shifting)

A ninja does not know how to fall. 

I personally don't feel support roles are meant to do good damage.  Maybe "okay" damage depending on the Discipline, but you can't have your cake and eat it too.  You can only have it.   =P   Okay, but seriously, no class should be able to support, DPS, heal, and tank.  I think it's likely the different disciplines will allow less support in exchange for more damage, and vice versa though.

Anyone else worried druids might do bad damage because of the support role? (Just saying this because in WoW I loved druids for the Boomkin aspect of it and shape-shifting)

this is not wow so dont compare a wow druid to a crowfall druid, thanks

Bbhm5iJ.jpg

I personally don't feel support roles are meant to do good damage.  Maybe "okay" damage depending on the Discipline, but you can't have your cake and eat it too.  You can only have it.   =P   Okay, but seriously, no class should be able to support, DPS, heal, and tank.  I think it's likely the different disciplines will allow less support in exchange for more damage, and vice versa though.

I personally like how one class could do all of those but like the different disciplines idea where you can exchange it. Personally I will most likely play like an idiot trying to do damage as the druid anyway more-so than support.

I'm starting a discussion it does say the druid uses intellect which assumingly is damage but is also a support role. WoW is also the MMO of my choice that I've played the most which I'm using as a comparison, this is speculation so try not to get mad because you don't want crowfall to be compared with WoW.

I'm not worried, if only because I expect CF's rich character customization system will, much like SB's, allow players to step beyond a classes 'intended' role, and at the expense of versatility, build a viable damage-dealer/offensive spec.

I hope so, the character advantages bcbc5d9e962ebc0a9306a09187a21a47_originaaka here look like they might be able to help that.

I personally like how one class could do all of those but like the different disciplines idea where you can exchange it.

This is one of the things I hated most about Rift.  Rogues healing and tanking?  No thanks, I'm out.

From the stats currently for the druid I don't think it'll be doing the greatest damage, but I wouldn't be put off by that. In other games, support classes have been just as important as the damaging ones. I'm sure with the right discipline however, the druid could do some decent damage but personally if it ends up being a more defensive archetype like it appears to be now I'd work on making it even better at what it's already good at. I except if character customization ends up being good though we'll be able to evolve past what the archetypes are "intended" to do.

I don't like a class that can do everything it's nicer to have a class that excels at one thing instead of either everything or nothing. That is a balance issue in many games.

- Berangar  :ph34r: 

Spent over 4.000 hours playing diablo II, i'm curious to why they will not update resolution. 

If they make it so you can be more damage than support I wouldn't call that the worst thing, but I also always enjoyed the idea of certain classes having certain roles this way when you have a class with you who is someone you don't know, you know what their going to be doing. 

This is one of the things I hated most about Rift.  Rogues healing and tanking?  No thanks, I'm out.

Seriously? I loved Riftstalker tanking and Bard healing. The fact that you didn't have to have a proper class makeup was excellent. Each soul that could tank also operated so differently, it really added a new dimension to what you were doing. You really needed to know what you were doing and what tactics worked best for your class. After a while, that was less important, as updates happened and gear improved, but the idea is still there and i support it. Same thing with the Bard, you used a lot of the same abilities over and over again, but you provided a slightly different role than the obvious healers. If you were good at what you did, and your group was good at what they were doing, you could get it done with ease. 

If they make it so you can be more damage than support I wouldn't call that the worst thing, but I also always enjoyed the idea of certain classes having certain roles this way when you have a class with you who is someone you don't know, you know what their going to be doing. 

If they have an even more focused promotion for Support, Damage, etc.  that would be great. Don't have dps Druids topping the charts, but if someone wants those base support skills while doing a bit of nuking I say let them go for it.

Sneak home and pray you'll never know the hell where youth and laughter go.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

It is a support class and you can expect it to do less damage then a DPS role.  As stated above, if you take a SUPPORT class and convert it to play as a DPS, your damage will not be as good as DPS class.  Personally, unless you are up for the challenge, being mediocre at both, leave support to support players and use a DPS class for your purposes.

I foresee their damage lacking a bit, but having very valuable buffs and crowd control abilities. That might hinder their 1v1 capability, but life's hard!

Whats wrong about 

how about wow was one of the top mmos that has ever been released and its been around for 10 years and still running strong. why not compare druids from different games, whats wrong about having an opinion from one game to another about a class? God i hope they have various forms like wow does but just with more utility....

Crowfall is not looking to emulate WoW's design model or attract the same players.

If you like the idea of a nature-based DPS caster, that's fine, but work within the information we've been given: the druid archetype as presented to us is planned and designed as a support class.

You may be be able to lean your druid to be a little more DPSy than most other druids but you will never be as DPSy as a confessor or frostweaver. If you really want a druidic style true DPS caster, you'd want to propose that as a new archetype rather than trying to make the druid something it isn't.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I love druids and have played them in many games , the druid is usauly a jack of all trades , can do it all and if focused can do it right , from dps to healing to soloing , nature based spells dont have to suck. so your class can be the hero by the way .