Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oridi

{Ooc}You've Got The Wrong Idea About Rp

RP is not just "oh joy my love we shall live in yonder castle and freely express ourself with lots of archaic phrases"

RP is also about discussing character backgrounds, suggesting various lore impacts based on info from the devs,  finding ways to weave our stories together etc.

Therefore not ALL posts in this section will be in character.  Some will be about the structure of RP, some will be rants about people insisting on god mode ingame, some will be about forming an RP community.

So please stop moving and/or deleting threads that are OOC.  We're trying to build a community here and you keep shooting us in the knee.

BTW feel free to delete this once you've got the message.

Edited by Oridi

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

mark the Thread OOC and keep it about RPing and it will live...

failure to do so will be dealt with...it was clearly stated this particular Forum would be under HEAVY Moderation...

any Questions, feel free to PM a Mod, or...as always, email support@crofall.com

hope that helps..!

Edited by Doc Gonzo

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

mark the Thread OOC and keep it about RPing and it will live...

failure to do so will be dealt with...it was clearly stated this particular Forum would be under HEAVY Moderation...

any Questions, feel free to PM a Mor, or...as always, email support@crofall.com

hope that helps..!

Thanks for the "mark it as OOC" heads up.  Might want to put that somewhere. 

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

He is serious I just got a final Verbal warning for posting OOC here, noting that 2 out of 3 threads got deleted by a trigger happy mod.

Edited by rajah

He is serious I just got a final Verbal warning for posting OOC here, noting that 2 out of 3 threads got deleted by a trigger happy mod.

One of them got moved actually - to general info.  It's this one - about the gods.  http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/4275-lore-discussion-the-gods/

That move was what triggered this post.  I'm glad they're modding this heavily as RP is a pretty tempting target.  Just need to work out the tangles first and I'm sure this board will be a great place for RP'ers to hang out.

pixS8Wt.jpg

i tend to agree that a Lore discussion is fine in the General Discussion forum, since it is about just that...Discussion

now, if you were talking about how the Lore and it's Gods can affect RP and such....a bit of a different subject

either way...first day with a new Forum, we are working out the kinks....bear with us, and Enjoy the new Feature!

FIQw0eP.png

i tend to agree that a Lore discussion is fine in the General Discussion forum, since it is about just that...Discussion

now, if you were talking about how the Lore and it's Gods can affect RP and such....a bit of a different subject

Essentially how I see it as well.  As Doc said, we're still working out the kinks.  We won't be deleting or moving posts simply out of spite, that's not in the spirit of the game or the community.

either way...first day with a new Forum, we are working out the kinks....bear with us, and Enjoy the new Feature!

I'm not being petty here - just pointing out that that particular post was about how the gods impact a character - whether they control the character's mind or if our characters have free will.  That particular post was about lore but more about how our characters relate to their gods.  Straight RP stuff as mind control is nowhere in the game structure per se.

pixS8Wt.jpg

yeah....let me say it again...

you have a problem with Moderation, feel free to PM a Mod, or email support@crowfall.com

we don't discuss policy on the Forums

hope that helps...

FIQw0eP.png

Might want to sticky a thread about what's acceptable and what's not.

as Requested....Rules are pinned in the Forum...

FIQw0eP.png

Confessors don't roleplay very well if that's the standard for roleplay..

:)   http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/3152-character-narratives/

If it doesn't burn, it's worthless.

It is my duty to cleanse this land of the unworthy. It is my goal to make this world burn. Your tainted flesh shall kindle the flames.

smf_banner_copy4_copy.jpg

Lore and RP are essentially the same thing and should have no problem coexisting.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Err...yes.

I'm not arguing about this nerdy poorly made socks anyways.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg