• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MisterTurtle

The Crowfall Pantheon - Order, Chaos, And Balanced

Haven't seen a post with this info yet...so here we go:

kHbDPHk.jpg

All-Father

Valkyn – Solid White Shield with Gold Dragon (Dead, Alive and still himself trapped by the Hunger, or Alive but corrupted by the Hunger)

Order

Arkyn - Orange /White angle color split Shield with Gryphon

Cybele – Solid Light Blue Shield with Yellow Unicorn

Maeve – Solid Blue Shield with Turquoise Squid

Hero – Solid White Shield with Black Eagle

Balance

Kronos – Solid Blue Shield with White Hourglass

Gaea – Solid Green Shield with Yellow Tree

D’Orion – Solid Green/Grey angle color split Shield with White Antlers

Illara – Solid Brown Shield with White ?Dead?Sleeping? Mouse/Rat - Cat Goddess hinted @ from MMORPG.com

Chaos

Kane - White/Light Blue angle split Shield with Black Wolf

Malekai - White/Light Grey hourglass pattern shield with Black Spider

Yaga – Solid Red Shield with Black Dead/Spooky Tree

Zalena – Solid Black Shield with Red Serpent

Also there is a strong link between some of the gods and archetypes (12 and 12):

Murder deer err I mean Stalker and D'Orion

Duelists Guinecean and Gaea

Knights and Arkyn (female artwork) and Hero (male artwork)

Also Order and Chaos placements might be the rival opposites per each row.

And these crests remind me of another connection - the houses of GoT.

Edited by MisterTurtle

Anyone who fights for the squid god gets killed first

Going to make a character named BubbaGump who follows that god.  Forget shrimp, all the octopuses are the new chicken of the sea in CF.

Edited by MisterTurtle

Actually both Law and Chaos are evil in their extreme form.

Maybe Bubba Gump should follow Malekai, since Maeve (the Octopus) is her polar opposite and Bubba eats squid?

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Can you expound on that, explain your reasoning?

I think the general thought is too extreme on one side and you end up alienating or hurting yourself and others (not everything is pure black or white in life).

Too lawful and its burn everyone not like you as they fail to meet your standards.

Too chaotic you have no standards and its burn everyon....wait I am on fire myself!

And balance is ....look at the idiots on both sides.

Edited by MisterTurtle

Perhaps the Hunger is but a reflection of all the gods personalities; a residual effect of their conflict amongst each other which has become an entity on its own and powerful enough to challenge creation itself. We cannot defeat it; it is by far the most powerful force in the Universe. No matter how hard we  fight the hunger shall prevail.

Oh blast! Been corrupted before the game starts x.x

Confessor lore should explain the villainy of Law to you.

A lot of modern philosophy storylines tend to depict Law or Order as a form of oppressive conformity, not good, while Chaos is a form of irresponsible selfishness.

I would look up games like Shin Megami Tensei 4 for a good examples of how righteous indignation and wrathful judgement can be cruel and vicious.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Perhaps the Hunger is but a reflection of all the gods personalities; a residual effect of their conflict amongst each other which has become an entity on its own and powerful enough to challenge creation itself. We cannot defeat it; it is by far the most powerful force in the Universe. No matter how hard we  fight the hunger shall prevail.

Oh blast! Been corrupted before the game starts x.x

So throwing potatoes at it won't help? Not that kind of hunger? Darn. *crumples up papers and tosses them*

I actually like your theory though! :D Getting me all excited. 

Also, thank you for posting this, I was wondering the names and such. Can't wait for details. ^_^

Edited by tehmartini

Yaga could be short for Baba Yaga----Baba Yaga dwells deep in the forest in a hut usually described as standing on chicken legs, and also has associations with the forest and the wildlife that live there. She is also sometimes called the goddess of death and regeneration.

Just a thought

Can you expound on that, explain your reasoning?

Michael Moorcock did so more eloquently than I can in his Wheel of Time novels.

The 3 faction game seems to be based on that concept. There even seems to be an incarnation of Stormbringer in Crowfall, the greatsword Grievance!

But the extreme Order (law) is without life at all, because living organisms can behave in less than orderly ways. Fascist police states would be somewhere between balance and extreme Order.

Extreme Chaos would be so violent that no life could exist there either, and I'm sure you have the concept already of how evil a society of humans with no laws would become.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I see. I misunderstood the original post - I thought he was saying that both Order and Chaos were the most extreme forms of evil, not that their most extreme forms were evil. Just word confusion, no big deal.

And yes, I think that most problems in both reality and fiction are caused by the extremists for nearly everything.

Edit: Me finish sentence structure!

Edited by Katzemensch

I see. I misunderstood the original post - I was saying that both Order and Chaos were the most extreme forms of evil, not that their most extreme forms were evil. Just word confusion, no big deal.

And yes, I think that most problems in both reality and fiction are caused by the extremists for nearly everything.

Theres always that jerk that takes it a bridge too far. Also I love you avatar. Just made the connection behind the getup and the character. Gods I'm slow on the uptick today.

I believe they are beginning to work on the lore as we speak... also... it seems as if the bottom is sided towards the hunger.... the top towards the gods.... the left and right as good and evil.... and the center as true neutral....... It would make more sense in this manner.... and deciding a faction to choose easier.

The dragon in the trailer footage is depicted as trying to prevent the hunger from spreading further, but failing. And the rat embodies disease and famine. Thus the Gods and Hunger.... While the Gaea depicts pure life and keeping balance between all with the cycle of life and death. The spider being dark and evil most times, and the unicorn as being majestic and pure.... All this indicates the system the Developers have decided upon. The 3 side system of Good, Bad, and Neutral while having factions of various degree.

I believe they are beginning to work on the lore as we speak... also... it seems as if the bottom is sided towards the hunger.... the top towards the gods.... the left and right as good and evil.... and the center as true neutral....... It would make more sense in this manner.... and deciding a faction to choose easier.

The dragon in the trailer footage is depicted as trying to prevent the hunger from spreading further, but failing. And the rat embodies disease and famine. Thus the Gods and Hunger.... While the Gaea depicts pure life and keeping balance between all with the cycle of life and death. The spider being dark and evil most times, and the unicorn as being majestic and pure.... All this indicates the system the Developers have decided upon. The 3 side system of Good, Bad, and Neutral while having factions of various degree.

Looking at the picture, I see it as a family tree of sorts. The all-father standing at the top of it (being the ruler and originator of the family) and then it trickles down from there. Reading through some of the races lore too, you make a connection with the first chapter lore itself. The first of the order is husband to Gaea, Kane desires her, and the Murder Deer god is Gaea's kiddie. Or close enough too it. Time to re-read the lore.

Edit: Heres a decent chunk of lore: http://crowfall.com/#/news/war-of-the-gods-part-1

And corrected my spelling of gaia with Gaea. The murder dear is son of Arkon and Gaea, and I believe that Kane loved Gaea and she him. Though she married Arkon out of convience as it states in the lore. Another thing to support proof is this:

http://crowfall.com/#/archetype/forgemaster

Humans are Arkons (or arkyn's ) spawn.

Forgemasters are Kane's and Gaea's weelings. Kane killed Gaea somehow, and forgemasters where born. In their birth, Gaea died and the hunger spawned.

The Forgemasters feel great shame, and its their shame that helps fuel the hunger. Also they hate Kane.

Edited by Vuris

Going to make a character named BubbaGump who follows that god.  Forget shrimp, all the octopuses are the new chicken of the sea in CF.

I LOVE TAKOS!

I would be very interested to have more information on these gods and factions.

I intend on playing balance but, I want to know more about the gods so I can choose which one I align with most.

Also, it would be cool to have some kind of 20-30 question quiz that told you where you might best align. I'm gonna put that in the suggestion forum!