Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dorksmetal

(Occ Introductions) Welcome One And All!

(OOC this is ths place for everyone to introduce your out of game self (in OOC), in game character, background, personality IN character. Let's get this RP community rolling!)

Welcome everyone, and thank you for coming to our wide reaching diplomatic research rally. We have tons of new people here tonight, make sure before you take a seat you turn in any weapons you may have forgotten to turn in at the door. Now why don't we introduce ourselves to one another before we get this meeting underway! Whose first!?

Edited by dorksmetal

Okay I'll go first! My name is Perceval Aka The Beard ,lead vocals and lute player for the local band, The Beard and Stache! I'm a bard by trade but am mighty graceful with a bow.

I grew up during the hungers rampage on my homeland, the only reason I survived is because my Guinecean mother sold me as a pet to a nobleman passing through. he kept me well fed and well trained in the art of the lute to play him to sleep every night until his death. 9 years I was a prisoner in his home, but it never felt that way. After his death he left me the majority of his estate. Now I'm here to share my findings on the hunger to you today!

Enough about me, whose next! Come on don't be shy!

Edited by dorksmetal

Hi all.    Kirel Redhand here.

I'm still unclear on a lot of the details.    But as a general rule.   I'm kind, compassionate and filled with grief for the pain I must cause.

*shoves Kirel to the side*

I am Kyrel.    I will rip the confession from your bloody lips, because it pleases me.

Hi all,

Bremmen Stoneborn and Forgemaster I travel doing work for people if the prices is right money is good but the love of the forge is what drives me forward. I am stubborn, witty, Bashful, Brash.I will always look for a solution that involves drinking ale's but don't get this Stoneborn wrong if the fight is coming I shall lay my might War-mace app on your jaw and remove your teeth from your face.

Stubbornly loyal my word is my bond and once I agree to a charge only death can dissuade me from it.

Hey just Shout Bremmen and he will, Rise and Destroy the people you wish decimated :o

Greetings fellow brethren. You may call me Lorelyn. My surname is irrelevant. It is hard for me to say what I truly am as I have only just returned. It has been perhaps a good seven years since I have seen the faces of friends and foes alike... becoming nothing more than listless after the loss of communication from the land I once called home.

However, by the grace of the gods I have found hope anew and swear my bow and blade to any who will have it! I may be rusty... Yet my loyalty will never faulter.

divider_line-1-1.jpg

The Matron called me Kiwi because I'm small and brown, but kiwis are green inside, not pink, so I don't want to be a kiwi. Matron called me stupid too, but she also called me sweet, I like sweet, so I think I'm sweet. Maybe I'm sweet, I don't know. But I liked to get her shiny things, shiny things to help St. Yagas because they were always asking for help, and the others would yell at me and slap me and kick me but she, the Matron, she just smiled, it wasn't a happy smile, but she didn't hit me. Well, not much. When the oafs came she hit me, great big pink and brown and white things with swords and lots of shines, they had bags of shines half my size! I mean, not round, but flat, I could only ever carry one, and they never saw. I came home with one and Matron slapped me and slapped me and hugged me and cried. She said St. Yaga had blessed me with in oranges, I think. I've never had oranges so I don't know. Maybe she meant the shines. She told me to follow the oafs, and go with them, and think of her. I think of her a lot, I want to visit her but I don't know how. I followed the oafs through these great big painting doors, bigger than the paintings in the cathedral, and I was here... I mean I came here through the paintings and I don't know how to get back. I have some shiny things to bring back, I don't know if five shinys is a lot but I do have them. I miss Matron, if I could get back there I'd even let her call me kiwi.

OOC:
Kiwi is the bastard child of a Guinetean and something else, possibly a 'feral' field mouse or chipmonk. Supposedly she was left in a barn in early spring and the farmer who found her brought her to town in the bottom of a basket of Radishes and 'snuck' her into the church as a gift. She grew up at St. Yaga Cathedral dashing around the feet of St. Yagas clergy trying to find her place, just sentient enough to make the cut, but just feral enough to be trouble. Matron Monica DelSava took a liking to her sweet and simple mind and tried her hardest to nurture it, attempting to turn the little girl from her life of theft, but it became evident that her 'simple side' wouldn't allow for that, Matron Monica DelSava just quietly started slipping the gold and other nicknacks into the donation box to keep her out of trouble. When the hunger came the church decreed that they would remain till the bitter, freezing, end. This included the children, who were being reared in preparation for a life of service to St. Yaga. Never the less Matron Monica DelSava bade Kiwi escape, following the eternal heros through the mystical gates as they fled the dieing world. Kiwi's been trying to find her way back, collecting gold for St. Yagas cathedral and the Matron faithfully through her travels.

Edited by fawne

Serena Athrawes is my name, noble my house once was, but now it is nothing but a burning memory of pain. I sworn my alliances after I saw it burn that I would stand and fight to protect those who could not protect themselves. I fear none, for all that I had to fear for is gone, so either join me, get out of my way or die where you stand for I have no time to waste.

If you look at me and see but rags and a blunt sword, than I know you are blind to the true nature of things, for my strength comes not from simple things. For as much as I gain strength from my oats to protect, it shall be the fury of vengeance that will drive me until there is nothing left to avenge.

So look upon me and see my true nature.

OOC:

Ok just whatever came up in me, I need to have more of the lore to fully work out a character into detail (3-4 pages in general), still this should be a nice little mood piece :)

"Hope what a concept"

Greetings Crows, I am Infynis Shalmoore. I stand before you as the voice of His Majesty Valkyn the Ancient. The Church of the Dragon Throne recognises the danger The Hunger represents to the innocent caught in Its holy path, and we wish to avoid loss of the pious. With this in mind, I and my brothers in the Eighth Sacrament have been dispatched by his holiness Highpriest Ganalon, to participate in events of great universal import. Your research summit has drawn my attention, as the first organised gathering of the races on this world. I am willing to grant you my services, wether you need me for my wealth of divine knowledge, or as an agent of the righteous upon the field of battle.

Though I come to you as a servant, forget not that I am an agent of The Church, and will not flinch should I be required to burn one of you to free the rest. His Majesty is omnipotent, and any doubt in his subjects will be purged with flame and metal.

With this in mind, I would like to apologise for my late arrival. You may now return to your musings on the Guinecean parliament.

Edited by Infynis

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

A wisp of smoke curled upwards from it's cinder, the bright speck nothing compared to the eyes that bored into you from shadows of the silver mask. "Another for the Howling Dark? A Hero? A Champion?" The mahogany pipe slid to the corner of the stranger's mouth as his thin lips curled in amusement. "Think what you must 'Champion'. There's no grand quest here. No maidens in need."

His thick cloak pooled about his chair. His heavy boots landed on the table and he stretched languidly as his legs crossed. "Just vultures flocking about another plump, fetid corpse."

"You'll get used to it."

Moeghyn Rhalgere is an agent of Chaos. Having descended into the furthest depths of the worlds consumed by the Hunger, he returned a changed man. Gone was the unshakable faith in his Deity, replaced by an eternal and sardonic smile. As if he and he alone knew the answer to a cosmic joke. Who was he? Who is he now? Perhaps you'll one day cross paths with him.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Hey everyone! Name's Makeshyft, veteran WoW and Shadowbane RPer from the days of yesteryear. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance!

*IC* A fae can be seen sitting on a sofa made of luxury furr. She smiles as her wings are outstretched and her hands stroke the furr gently. She purrs with every movement and then her eyes fall upon you. You may feel charmed, you may feel enraged, it does not matter to her. She smiles and waves to you with her fingers, her nails are a deep, dark purple as is her long, luxurious hair. She has a crimson red smile and...Are those daggers on her belt? She slivers across the sofa, if it wasn't for her weapons one could mistake her for a prostitute. Just who is this lady?

*OOC* Welcome Tayeko! Tayeko Darktongue is basically a Fae who doesn't see men as bastards - she sees them as tools that can be used for pleasure. Both the torturing pleasure and the normal pleasure - she is very erotic (sorry kids, don't get too close!) but she is also a feisty queen of Hellspires (her kingdom). Any questions - mail me :)

The door swung open, the wind blowing past the rather tall man at the foot of the door. The sound of rain lightly tapping against the ground outside grew quieter as he closed the door behind him. Over the man's leather armor was a dark brown cloak, one that now had been drenched. He pulled his hood back, revealing his face. He looked young, but still somewhat experienced. It showed in the tired look in his eyes and the scar that stretched across his cheek.

He casually strolled in, his arm raised upwards, as if he intended on waving at the crowd. "Hello, everyone my name is Kieran." He said as he grabbed a chair and sat down, his legs spread and his arms rested against the back of the chair. This was not a very formal man. "I'm late aren't I? Well, my apologies, I'll make this brief."

Kieran leaned back in his chair, "The trip here wasn't the best, I could swear that storm has been following me." he smiled, as if he was trying to make light of an otherwise unpleasant journey. "Long story short, I'm a hunter." he paused for a moment, looking around the room at those who had showed up. "Trained as a hunter under my father's instructions, that lasted for a while, until my folks passed away. Been living off the land up until now, travelling around the world, exploring, searching."

" ... And that's pretty much it."

Kieran was a simple man, or at least he thought. Much of his time was spent travelling through harsh environments, learning everything he could about the terrain, the inhabitants and any other mysterious anomaly. His time in towns, was spent doing something similar, talking to citzens, listening to local rumors, and exploring the town. It was apparent to most that he had little to do, and nowhere to go.

(( OOC: This thread is still alive? Well then I might as well make a post. ))

(( Hello, I'm Hunter. I'm a relatively inexperienced RPer when it comes to MMOs, however I have spent quite a bit of time RPing in tabletop settings. Looking to expand my horizon a bit, and experiment with forum, and MMO environments. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. ))

Edited by Hunter64

A woman peers out a window of a carriage and surveys the land around, noticing a city not far in the distance.   She calls out, "This will do!"  The carriage comes to a stop, followed by several other wagons, forming a semicircle in their designated location.  She steps out, a long, scarlet robe draped around her and walk to the center of the camp to perform her ritual.  She sits on the grass and proceeds to roll out a piece of silken cloth.  She spreads a few crystals upon the cloth and places a deck of cards at the center.  She raises her face to the sky, allowing the sun to illuminate her face, basking in the warmth and light it provides.  She whispers an incantation and picks up the deck of cards, starting to shuffle them.  She pulls 3 cards from the deck and smiles.  "We shall stay here for a bit."

((From what I have seen thus far, I will be a druid, gypsy fortuneteller of sorts, who travels in a company of other entertainers and others who just wish to be part of the caravan.)) 

forest_warden__the_world_of_aetaltis_by_

The ranger walks out from nowhere and bows,  the darkskinned five o'clock shadowed ranger with a voice of many waters greets all

"Amaziah Aryeh, a pleasure to meet all. I look forward to fighting alongside any who are here to keep the fire in the hearts of the many from extinguishing from the cold."

A midnight coated wolf also walks up next to him. Amaziah warmly scratches behind the ears of the animal smiles, afterwards giving Abyss a piece of jerky, the wolf was adult in age but was a puppy yesterday by its appearance

"This is Abyss, my companion. May the sun shine down upon us all, victory on many roads and travels, so sayeth the Great Father the patriarch of my family line"

((OOC: Long time rp veteran, looking to join heavy rp guild at launch, walkup rp is always welcome with me as I rp with anyone :D ))

Edited by amaziah aryeh

Ranger3.jpg

OOC: Hi all! I've always wanted to RP in a MMO but have never had any success. I'm hoping that if I join in here, I'll have more luck.

IC: To the tune of rustling chainmail a younger man enters the scene. His patchy stubble and scroungy hair dont compliment his scrawny physique and plain face. On his back are the tools of his trade; a shield, sword, quiver, and a bow.

"Name's Norman, Norman Varangar," he calls out to those interested while looking around with a steady yet nervous gaze. "Looks like we'll be seeing lots of each other in the future."

OOC: I'm hoping to be a knight sentinel, who will probably have a main job as an armorer.

Edited by Bevrwolf36

11.jpg

OOC: Hello all, An old time RPer here that hasn't done much outside a larp in recent years. Like Bevrwolf, I've attempted RP in MMo's before and had little success. So truth be told, I doubt I'll do much in game unless a good community pops up. I thought I would share my character concept though and see what people think.

IC: "Ah I see you're awake." The voice seemed almost disembodied rising from the shadows.

It's prisoner, a middle aged man with graying hair and the scars of many battles briefly struggled in vain with the ropes that held him to a chair, before taking in his surroundings.... His own dungeon? And judging by the blood smears on the floor, recently minus a few guards.

"I see the calculations in your eyes mortal. It is good. A testament to your skill, and resolve. But your thoughts do not lie to you. None will hear us as you die, here in the depths of your own castle. And you will die. But fear not, that will not be the end of your story."

Even with the facts laid bare, the man tied to the chair did not falter. Rather he responded in a horse angry tone "Who are you? How did you get into this castle?!"

"Good questions, and I will answer, but I doubt you will believe me."

A figured stepped from the deep shadows of the cell corner, dried blood caked on it's chest from a deep - obviously fatal - gash that ran from it's ear to the center of it's throat. The bound man let out a choked gasp, he recognized this man. It was a young recruit to his guard. Slain in the last skirmish with a band of brigands, one of few remaining in the province.

"No mortal, I am not Goodman Willoughs come back for revenge. In truth I do not remember my own name." The body's jaw hung slack between each word and the aroma of death that came from it as it approached was overpowering. "You may call me Skeyesogrey. I am a servant of Kronos, the watcher. Come here from the Eternal Kingdoms to restore the balance. Willoughs was merely an easy entrance into your castle. For ages beyond count I have watched the mortal worlds and the order of the All Father. But he is gone now. His creations crumble and the balance of the worlds falters. Darkness, deeper than any evil you have ever imagined threatens His works. And Kronos demands I watch no longer, but act."

"You were a force for great good in this world. Your skill with a blade nearly wiped the forces of chaos from this land, but, a coin must always have two sides. Good can never win over evil, anymore than evil can win over good. I have come, to restore the balance.And I will do so with your body as my vessel. Your skills, will mirror mine, learned over centuries, and at the deciding moment, the battle will be lost by your hand. I will keep your spirit though, you will train my men, and fight the tide of chaos in the worlds where it has tipped the balance. You shall be a hero for centuries, not a paltry lifetime, not wasted."

The impact of the creature's words dulled the pain of the blade as it slid into his chest. And quicker than he would have imagined, a once great king's senses began to dull. The last few words came to him as though under water and then seared his mind until they were part of him. "Spirit, in the name of Kronos I command you. I pull you from the cycle of life and death that you may be where you are needed for all time. I make you my thrall"

For a brief moment the world was black. Death the man assumed. But then the world came back as if through deep mist. His body felt wrong, lighter somehow, and not moving as he demanded. Then he saw what was before him. Somehow, his own body was holding him in an outstretched hand. His own face regarded him, nodded once and then shoved him into a pouch. Again everything went black.

The body of the high king looked down at the ropes that had bound it, still smoking, smoldering into dust, then to the body of the young man on the ground before it. "In time, all things return to dust, and in time from dust new things arise," It murmured. The corpse on the floor slowly crumbled away until only a pile of dust remained. "Magic is harder in this vessel, but I can feel the strength of it's arms," the crow remarked to itself.

"Now, to lose a war." 

The crow stitched shut the wound over it's vessel's heart, stood, and marched back up the castle stairs with the confidence of a king.

[OOC] Eek, that was longer than anticipated.... Sorry.

Edited by SkEyesOGrey

The crow stitched shut the wound over it's vessel's heart, stood, and marched back up the castle stairs with the confidence of a king.

(OOC) Very well done. It's good that people are already making use of the new vessel system. I think it's gonna lead to some great RPs. (OOC)

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

"Greetings my furry friend," Infynis says, turning to the new arrival. "May the Gods' light shine upon this meeting. If I may ask, what brings you to our gathering?"

SR8DSig_Infynis.png