doc gonzo

{Ooc} Rp Forum Rules...

hello Folks....

since it was asked for, i'm reaching way pack more than 25 years to what worked on AOL in the early days for a room known as "the Red Dragon Inne" that started a bunch of people into the realm of chat based RP

1) the Person starting a Thread has Authority over said Thread, the sole exception being Moderator intervention

so if an OP wants a Thread locked, or is concerned about the amount of OOC chatter and the like, they can ask for some help... try and Respect the OP and this one should never be a problem

2) Refrain from "God Mode"...

this is a Term used when a Player tries to decide the Outcome for another Player to the detriment of said Player...or any circumstance where one Player attempts to take over the Scene by overriding what others are doing in their RP... just say no, kk?

3) keep Out of Character {OoC} chatter to a minimum, and use the {OoC} label to mark any Thread started to talk about RP without any, you know...actual RP in it

in an RP Thread some OoC is going to occur of course...Questions or side conversations...try and keep this to a minimum...use the Private Message function and let the "Game" flow naturally

4) there WILL be more...added as needed, but for now...hopefully these basic Guidelines will suffice...

I wish you had posted this in-character.

That would have been amazing.  Most of the rules are just common sense RP forum rules.  Be respectful, if it's OOC flag it, in RP posts keep OOC to a minimum, and have fun...  or at least don't go out of your way to prevent others from having fun.

Also, I may have been around in the days of RDI as well...

Edited by rhone

That would have been amazing.

I may have been around in the days of RDI as well...

o'rilly?

interesting indeed...

yeah, i shifted from RDI to "the Masquerade" as soon as it opened...there were some of the original White Wolf people online back then, and they actually STARTED the Vampire game that eventually grew into what i consider the very first "mmo"

Deo Nite...Elder Tremere, checking in....

I was 6 when AOL 3.0 came out. Think Red Dragon Inn was one of the first chats I was banned from.

I only joined that thing to lurk cause it was like reading a book, never posted, but went by the same name. Actually, that's how 'Fawne' came to be, 'Fawn' was taken. Small inerworld.

Edited by fawne

o'rilly?

interesting indeed...

yeah, i shifted from RDI to "the Masquerade" as soon as it opened...there were some of the original White Wolf people online back then, and they actually STARTED the Vampire game that eventually grew into what i consider the very first "mmo"

Deo Nite...Elder Tremere, checking in....

I also may have LARPed V:tM.  *cough*

Move along, nothing to see here...

I was 6 when AOL 3.0 came out. Think Red Dragon Inn was one of the first chats I was banned from.

And far from the last!

I liked 1.8 for DOS personally.  3.0 took a LONG time to load back then, and catered too much to the newer users (too many "frills").  I liked the bare bones AOL.

(I'm relatively certain I had the original Rhone on AOL, but once that account was cancelled I couldn't reclaim the name.  :(  So like every good RDIer I would add "o"s to the name.  Heh.  ooRhoneoo, etc.)

Edited by rhone

Doc,

you should add the rule of your RP needing to be in the realm of Crowfall (so no one becomes batman and it's not rule breaking as long as they stay in character) just saying.

People can RP as they want. I will not stop them as long as it remains in their own thead and doesn't get out of hand.

Agreeing with this...  the roles you're playing don't need to be from Crowfall...  so long as it fits the theme of the thread.  (No Batman in the tavern...  but Batman would be okay in Gotham City.   :)   )

I gasped when I read the words "Red Dragon Inn" That was my first experience in online rp. Man, those were the days. I remember covering the modem to try and muffle the noise to sneak online at night. One month I wracked up a huge internet bill as unlimited wasn't available yet and got in soooo much trouble. Worth it though.

Edited by Septimus

hello Folks....

since it was asked for, i'm reaching way pack more than 25 years to what worked on AOL in the early days for a room known as "the Red Dragon Inne" that started a bunch of people into the realm of chat based RP

1) the Person starting a Thread has Authority over said Thread, the sole exception being Moderator intervention

so if an OP wants a Thread locked, or is concerned about the amount of OOC chatter and the like, they can ask for some help... try and Respect the OP and this one should never be a problem

2) Refrain from "God Mode"...

this is a Term used when a Player tries to decide the Outcome for another Player to the detriment of said Player...or any circumstance where one Player attempts to take over the Scene by overriding what others are doing in their RP... just say no, kk?

3) keep Out of Character {OoC} chatter to a minimum, and use the {OoC} label to mark any Thread started to talk about RP without any, you know...actual RP in it

in an RP Thread some OoC is going to occur of course...Questions or side conversations...try and keep this to a minimum...use the Private Message function and let the "Game" flow naturally

4) there WILL be more...added as needed, but for now...hopefully these basic Guidelines will suffice...

[OOC] 

So ... internet live chat rp I've done ... ages ago ... Forums not as much. Any ideas or best practices to let folks know you've responded in a thread? I think I've got the tavern followed but I'm not really seeing any notifications on it. And I'm not particularly fond of quoting in RP it just get's confusing...

Sorry if this is a step out of the realm of this thread, but it was the closest I could think of to drop this on.

[OOC] 

So ... internet live chat rp I've done ... ages ago ... Forums not as much. Any ideas or best practices to let folks know you've responded in a thread? I think I've got the tavern followed but I'm not really seeing any notifications on it. And I'm not particularly fond of quoting in RP it just get's confusing...

Sorry if this is a step out of the realm of this thread, but it was the closest I could think of to drop this on.

You get alerts when someone likes your posts, assuming you still have the default settings. To see the topics that you've posted in, and whether or not you've read everything in them, click on your name at the top right of the webpage and then click 'My Content'. If the title of the topic has a dark blue indicator next to it, that means it's unread. Other Forumfall players know this, and so you generally don't have to worry about them missing your posts. As far as the problem with quoting, just make sure your post has enough context. You're talking to real people, not computers; we'll be able to figure it out.

I have a question for the mods regarding adult themes in the RP subforum. There is the following in the Rules of Conduct, but it's sort of vague and given this is an in-character/roleplaying subforum I was curious if the rules were any more lax. Can we reference adult themes in a vague way in a roleplay? (They retreated together into his Inn room) How about more directly? (They spent the night rolling in the covers) Or descriptively, but not explicitly? (He spent the night Inn her)

Just trying to figure out where the line is. Thanks in advance.

Some actions can result in disciplinary actions, including the immediate suspension of forum privileges

There are some actions severe enough to result in immediate temporary or permanent suspension of posting privileges without prior notification. Serious or sustained offenses may result in suspension of not only the user's forum account but game account as well.

Please refer to the General Rules of Conduct for the complete list, but examples include:

·        Sexually explicit content, including sexual harassment.