Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FenrisDDevil

03/11 Crowfall Interview (Walton And Thomas)

Am I the only one who is having a really hard time watching this? The interviewer seems like a unpleasant person, or just really rude (maybe unintentionally?). Does he get less abrasive later on and I should keep watching?

He is just not a very good interviewer, it takes skill to lead an interview and keep it interesting for an hour.

Just listen to the ACE guys and dont mind Markee, and you'dd do fine :)

I liked this interview way more than the last one.  This one actually covered many aspects of the game instead of just the PVP, which really does not have many questions to be answered by Artcraft, how do you predict player behavior?  You don't.

I am loving all of the choices and ambitions they are aiming for.  They are really pushing for resource management and macro with their Food/Warmth and hopefully funded Caravan and Mounts stretch goal.  I am confident this is going to make for a really fun experience.

Only 15 days left for the end of Kickstarter, lets see what other bones they decide to throw at us.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

I think the people who had problems with the interviewer are being silly.  The guy was just a normal dude that loves his mmorpgs.  I'd rather have someone like that asking questions than some actor reading from a script that has no personal interest in the game. 

I think the people who had problems with the interviewer are being silly.  The guy was just a normal dude that loves his mmorpgs.  I'd rather have someone like that asking questions than some actor reading from a script that has no personal interest in the game. 

Like Natalie?

I agree 100% by the way.

Edited by Adall

I agree completely. Someone who asks the REAL questions, digs deeper, and has a passion for the game; those are the best interviewers.

Edited by tehmartini

Yeah, I really try not to give in to my initial judgements. It's good to get some other opinions and so far all of them seem to be positive. I am still watching and it is a a pretty good interview so far. It does seem to be pretty honest and raw, anyway.

Yeah, I really try not to give in to my initial judgements. It's good to get some other opinions and so far all of them seem to be positive. I am still watching and it is a a pretty good interview so far. It does seem to be pretty honest and raw, anyway.

The only semi-awkward and funny moment was when he talked about slamming/breaking his mice outta rage sometimes. 

Keep in mind the developers probably had an approved set of questions. The interviewer probably has complex thoughts that can't be answered in the current state.

Just a thought

I think it was a bit more spur of the moment, especially with the follower questions. The didn't answer a few of the presented questions at all, dodgy bastards!

Am I the only one who is having a really hard time watching this? The interviewer seems like a unpleasant person, or just really rude (maybe unintentionally?). Does he get less abrasive later on and I should keep watching?

He plays MMORPG's to run around in a "beginner suicide zerg", but I wasn't focusing on the interviewer.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

1 million on a KS for 800k! WOW, they should have at least asked for 2mill to double thier money.

Miss the target and you get squat from the kickstart, ask your wife to get a job, and start sending out resumes.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Also thought this was a solid interview from a guy that clearly loves and more importantly knows MMOs. I thought he did good and I commend them for taking unscripted questions. A few solid nuggest in it. He asked many of the questions I've had in my head, unfortunately many of those are not yet far enough along to firmly answer yet. Coming out of it I have some more concerns about the Eternal Kingdoms.

Edited by Tierless

I role play a wordsmith.

I wonder what the big guilds EK's will be like, I don't know if I'm more concerned or excited, probably both.

I see what you are trying to do here.   Not gonna this time :)   No way.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Thanks for the feedback! Going in without a script is always a challenge and free form questions from the audience can be rough, especially when there are things we aren't quite ready to talk about yet.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook