Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anthrage

Only Winners And Kneelers, And No Losers?

With the information we currently have, a losing guild/faction/group will have the option to Kneel to the one clearly winning the campaign, in exchange for being able to keep some of their material gains from said campaign. Unless there is some downside to doing so, why would anyone choose NOT to Kneel, and be counted in the Loser category that gets nothing?

Point of pride aside, purely in terms of game mechanics, it seems either some bit of information is missing, or there will be no Losers.

Well some will fight to the end.   It's their way lol   But I am thinking too most will kneel.  What fun is that?

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I don't know if letting someone kneel will always be the given. You might say yes if you need help for a greater threat, you might say no if you're doing great and want more loot from the beat down.

I get it.  The ability to deny the kneel.  Glad you brought that up!

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I think it would come down to the rule set.

It's very possible that kneeling to one will provide a win over another.

If it's One versus one, as in a guild or group versus another, I'm sure that a kneel option won't be there.

9h3yxUU.png

This question would only apply to those rulesets to which it applies, and they will exist.

In my view, rewarding those who give up and Kneel instead of fighting to the bitter end seems...odd. Hopefully there will be some balancing element. 

I think it would come down to the rule set.

It's very possible that kneeling to one will provide a win over another.

If it's One versus one, as in a guild or group versus another, I'm sure that a kneel option won't be there.

Honestly, get rid of the kneeling mechanic. Have players fight to the end or become traitors to win. Once players have the reputation of being a traitor, no one will play with them.

Or just put a limit on subguilds like Shadowbane.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Kneeling is for chicken suckers.

KoS members do not Kneel, Yield or ever quit........If anyone sees a KoS member kneeling, get a screen shot for me and they will be booted from guild and stripped of titles, land and dignity.

Players could institute whatever demands they want for a kneel, beyond that players attempting to win may expend all their resources trying to win rather than saving them when they know losing the campaign forfeits the savings, at that point they may as well fight if they haven't enough saved to matter, or won't have anything after they kneel.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I think I would prefer it being a symbolic gesture more than anything else. Minimalism is probably the way to go when handling something so simple. We don't need a game mechanic for every little thing.

Given that rule sets fluctuate, I'm fine with having lots of options and tactical diversity, then see where the chips fall.  If each campaign has differing outcomes, great... as long as they don't hurt or break the game.  Playtests, Alpha and Beta can hopefully sort out what ideas should be scrapped or changed in the short run.

We don`t quite know enough yet about the mechanics to say too much about it, whether Kneeling means a fealty pledge like in SB or if it`s something else entirely, or even if it is permanent. We can say with confidence that kneeling should have some negative consequences - there will definitely be some that are manifest outside the game`s mechanics, but I very much hope that they have some within the mechanics also.

I think I would prefer it being a symbolic gesture more than anything else. Minimalism is probably the way to go when handling something so simple. We don't need a game mechanic for every little thing.

We know CF will have a Kneeling mechanic in some campaigns.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

We know CF will have a Kneeling mechanic in some campaigns.

And in the video with GW today ( the link is somewhere on the forum ) he did say something about "kneeling"  will enable you to lose less than outright losing.  Not seeing that as a negative.

Edited by ellie