Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PoopHat

Roleplaying

Is anybody here going to roleplay or just me? I dont need any lore, thank you though ;)

Feel free to talk about your roleplaying plans! I'd definitely like to network.

Though i dont want to reveal my identity yet :s

Edited by PoopHat

nap8S2r.pnghttp://youtube.com/multimegawatts subscribe for Crowfall videos!

In the guild we kind of have this Role Played "Empire" thing going on, and therefore there is an Imperial Guard that looks after the royalty... I am 100% certain the EK will be PvP enabled, and the Imperial Guard will be striving to keep whomever is the Emperor/Empress from getting ganked.

Should be quite a bit of RP fuel there. ;)

I love open ended games like this. Half the fun is maintaining character. So thankful for the opportunity.

I remember the first time i witnessed roleplaying in a videogame was in shadowbane. A dude walked up in the desert only wearing pants and questioned how we could be in full wardrobe in the heat. Went on and on about his journey.

The less lore the better for me, it makes me glad being able to see people making their own stories.

I'll be taking sacrificial blood and meat for alpha. :D

nap8S2r.pnghttp://youtube.com/multimegawatts subscribe for Crowfall videos!

I remember the first time i witnessed roleplaying in a videogame was in shadowbane. A dude walked up in the desert only wearing pants and questioned how we could be in full wardrobe in the heat. Went on and on about his journey.

That's awesome...  I approve.

Hey hey, wha'this roleplayin yer talkin bout! That's bedroom chatter that's be! Las'thin nthis... where was I again? Anyway.... *The rowdy chinchilla is clearly three sheets to the wind and feeling no pain, A pint roughly the same size as herself sits before her half emptied of it's contents, and you wonder for a second as she glances about just where she's storing all her ale.* Ahhh..... las'thin we need in this here place is seedy talk like tha... yea hear? Yeawanna 'roll play' yea best finderself a wench n a pile'a hay.... this here is a *hiccup* 'scuse.... this here is a reputable tavern, sir!

I am hopeful there will be some decent role players. For me it will probably depend on the chat interface since I grew up role playing in MUDs (so I'm a little spoiled).  

I will be, though most rpers don't like pvp mmos, if anyone plans on running an rp guild let me know I'd like to join, preferably good guys though as I don't particularly play bad guys well (though I don't play standard boring good guys either)

Edited by amaziah aryeh

Ranger3.jpg

Not sure if I'll participate (I rarely RP, but if I do, it's in games with alterable worldspaces and/or FFA PvP, so Crowfall has a good shot), but I'm really excited to see roleplaying in the Eternal Kingdoms. An RP enforced EK bringing together most (if not all) of the Roleplaying community would be an amazing thing to see.

Part of a group that intends on RP'ing.  Seems like a viable venue to be able to do so with the way the kingdoms are formed.  May even be one of the best I have seen since you will be able to control who lives in your kingdom.  As stated above, we can manage to form an entire RP kingdom.

Edited by VSangel

We do have an RP subforum for those folks interested.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I think I need a hugely different experience from my normal gaming sessions, and I'm looking at Roleplay and trying to decide if thats what I want, or if that will subvert my experience and in the long term retrograde my progress, and make me feel bitter, if I don't have enough fun...or if organizing with RPers becomes too much of a hassle, and if there are enough of those road blocks then I might just not do it.

Right now I'm trying to find my gopher voice, and if I can get it right, then I would totally be down to roleplay with a group of people...but talking like a normal dude, and role playing in text, I feel like thats too much writing. However if my voice sucks, then that also sort of kills the dream.

I gotta have a tone and sound that sounds less like a nerd trying to be a character in a pathetic way, and more like an actor trying to adapt gaming to the form.

So I'm trying to tinker out some vocalization techniques and nail down some characters, I want to play with...and try to get something synergistic with the game play I want to be part of.

Consistency is my problem here, I kind of have an all over the place style of play, and RP takes some dedication to a single style.

Its kind of like, if I'm going to do it, I gotta do it well, or there's no point, and the prep for that has to be done.

Edited by Zomnivore