Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doc gonzo

Duke of URL...

yeah....this should do fer number 100 posts

speak yer mind, share some tunes....

earliest live clip i know of this band.... WARNING: contains adult language, sarcasm and innuendo as well as loud noizes... if this might be offenses, don't click it, ffs!

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

w00t....

thanx for the giggle!!!

ok...lemme see what goes up for today....

how about something that is truly "metal"...but yet is not...

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

and now...for something completely different....

for Blasphemous, the 'tater eatin' boyo that he is

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

g'morning campers...

this tune always gets my +1 for sonic goodness as well as the usual lyrical content...

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

well..it's slowing down around here, and i just remembered having a version of this clip on my profile feed

sooOOooOOooo i figured i'd do like on FB, where there's a page called QFT, just strange cover versions of songe... robots playing the ramones, johnny cash doing nine inch nails...that type of thing

and i figured do one here...

these kids are awesome, imo

http://youtu.be/J5VGILERzgg

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

Seems we have similar tastes in music, Doc.  

My favorite Tool song

but I like a lot of "classic" stuff too:

The Song Remains the Same

This  and These guys

This and of course this one too.  And this guy.  And this too.  And OMG this.  

And these guys too.  This song (and movie).  And dont forget this guy.   And these guys are "mandatory."  But this is an interesting cover of the same song.

And about 10,000 other links that could be here, but you get the idea.

This voice melts me.  Love this voice too.  And hers <3

But I also like some weird stuff.   Like two all vocal groups (tho this one has a drum kit.)  And of course these guys for pure strangeness.

And some Scandinavian groups: like this one.  Non-unplugged version of the second song. Wish they'd come to the states!

I go and get some new bruises in the pit every chance I can when these guys are in town.  

Tin roof---rusted!     Might as well, eh?      Been a while.   Always a fun group.  

Think I'll have this one played at my funeral.

xZ2ResZ.png?1

And omg how could I forget the first song I learned on guitar?

Gives me chills.  Good collaboration with Everlast.

This song came before we all got burned out on him.

I like this cover way better than the original.

Funny, but cant sing.

Remember "New Age" music?  

Great album if you need to drive all night and arrive fully wired.  And cant forget the origins of the genre.   This is a Great album to space out to.  This one too, but they're a mixed bag.

Reminds me of home.  

Got tickets for this show in a few weeks.

Well, that's enough.  More than enough, lol, but I had fun trolling youtube and other sites.

Edited by benwp

xZ2ResZ.png?1

oh my stars and garters Ben...wtf?

lmao

i'm gonna be clickity cliking fer a while to scope all of those...but THANKS for getting into the Spirit, and sharing with folks...

awesomesauce indeed....let me finish slathering myself in it

but while i am...one for you , Ben...cuz you are one of the few who will grok where i'm coming form here...

from Irish folk stuff like Luke Kelly and the Chieftains, to the Beatles next...then finding my own thing with Steppenwolf, Thin Lizzy and Black Sabbath....to feeling like i "discovered" Rush in 76 at the Felt Forum....tastes evolve and grow.... Motorhead sustained me in the early 80s

and then...as Punk lay gasping it's last breaths...and hair "metal" began to dominate what began with Sabbath...a strange thing occured...

Punk met Underground and mutated early Hardcore into something...different

and without these guys...there is no Scene...no Black Flag, no Cro Mags, no MIsfits....

i can state with no Reservations, this shoddy lil self produced cassete tape changed everything!

and i was happity....

Excelsior!

Edited by doc gonzo

FIQw0eP.png

Definitely harmonically simpatico.  

I saw Steppenwolf with Guess Who and i was the youngest person there by far.  Seen Rush 5 or 6 times, long-time favs.  Saw Black Sabbath all original tour a few years back; when the drummer took off his shirt we shouted for him to put it back on. :o  

xZ2ResZ.png?1

nice!

mmmMMMmmMMMmmm Doors...

ok, you want olde skewl?

here's one...and it's about fighting over Territory as well!!!

Excelsior!

Edited by doc gonzo

FIQw0eP.png

ok...i'm gonna put this here fer Posterity cuz it's one of mah best EVAH!!!

during all the kerfluffle in the Announce threads yesterday i got caught up in it all...

Devs were posting in it, all kinds of folks speaking their minds and conversing...it's some good stuff there

well, during the course of it i might have made a few Jokes with the Devs about a gathering of Crows being called  Murder...

and a few moar Jokes....and then someone posted Poe's the Raven

so i told a true story that had a Joke built in that fit and then posted a Music clip as is my wont, but this one was even MOAR brilliant than i normally am

cereally....pretty massive, imo....titled "Come join the Murder" it was used in the the Sons of Anarchy finale, as the final montage concerning the Fates of the characters was revealed in vids while the Music was playing...including the "fall" of the head Crow...Jax Teller...

so, Crowfall...Murder...i was thinking it was good even then

but between then and now i thought about it even more and realized hwo spot on the Analogy between SAMCRO and we SBers actually is...

think about it, each member is an Archetype...but each one of those are People or Guilds we know well.;...some examples

Tig = Blas/OPP ....if i need to explain this you either have nto watched the show or don't know the Pink

Bobby Elvis = KingSteven/Dragonscale ..... the one true Soul dedicated to the principles of the club...can't be swayed by temptation not violence done to him...Bobby loses an eye, a hand and finally his life, but NEVER abandons his principles or his "brothers"....kinda like all the abuse Steven took all those years, but still did what he set out to do time after time, year after year....love him or hate him, gotta admire the stubborn...

Happy=QFT .... they bring him someone to beat up and kill , his response "I love you guys"

Opie, that big loyal "Guild" that goes downswinging against impossible odds...

Chibbs, those foreign born Brothers from places like Iceland, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and so on...we all know them (Unknewn, Morduk and moar)

on and on...if you think about it...each one of them are someone we know from Ventrilo or the Forums

and soOOOOoOOOOoooo  with all that in mind...the clip/song

Excelsior!

Edited by doc gonzo

FIQw0eP.png