Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zeonx

Confusion About 13K Backers

In some cultures this is what's know as the OP getting shat on.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

And to think I was actually against the North Koreans dictating how we use the internet.

I still am, but I think they should put their firing squads to better use.

Member of The BlackHand Order

I dont mind.

I am an amber backer, but this strechgoal could potentially bring even more people to pledge. We have to think about the game and how more people backing the game is a good thing.

We are not special snowflakes just because we gave a little bit more to fund this game :)

Speak for yourself, I *AM* a special snowflake!  :mellow:

Which is...?

I'm gonna go with NOTHING.

I'm Sapphire and I like it.

You're so much more than Sapphire, and I like it!!  :wub:

Today I learn giving something to people as a thank you translates to an insult. I need to stop sending Christmas cards, I'm probably making people furious.

They're probably talking about a lot of custard, BEES?! and socks when they talk about you. :wub:

imagine being such a poorly made socksty dumb entitled person that you unironically say "I can safely say that this goal does not motivate me to do anything above what I am already doing to promote this game."

lmao

i cant because im a socially well adjusted person unlike OP

gtlLXYT.png

The 13k backer goal is a big F you to the higher level backers.

Why would they care about an extra month of free VIP when most of them have 6 YEARS already!

I can safely say that this goal does not motivate me to do anything above what I am already doing to promote this game.

Deciding on stretch goals is a juggling act.  What the game can afford vs. what the KS needs to move forward vs. what players might want vs. what will make the most  effective use of additional funds.

The 13K goal was not created with the higher level backers specifically in mind IMO. I think it was created as a solid lure to use in advertising for the KS as well as a nice nod to the players on every level.

As for me, I'm going to savor that extra month of VIP and I'm at amber level.  Not a ton of money to invest, I know, but it gives me 6 years of VIP and I still got a woot! feeling at the free month. I never look a gift horse in the mouth.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

I am what could be considered a high level backer (it's all relative, I went as far as I could go) and I am just very happy that the kickstarter is going so well and that we've been given stretch goal awards of any kind.  Art Craft ROCKS!  

Maria Lightheart

What, what!?  I get something extra!?  THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!  I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

yea one time I got a $100 gift card as a door prize at a company party and I complained about it

that'll show them, I wanted the flat scren

gas thread

gtlLXYT.png

**closes eyes and whispers to self**

Please let this be a joke post

gtlLXYT.png

The 13k backer goal is a big F you to the higher level backers.

Why would they care about an extra month of free VIP when most of them have 6 YEARS already!

I can safely say that this goal does not motivate me to do anything above what I am already doing to promote this game.

Wow talk about selfish. You realize at $15 month for VIP that Artcraft is giving over $150,000 to backers for free! It will also give people motivation to pledge lower amounts which in turn will help us reach our stretch goals. I have my 6 years of VIP but one month benefits not only me but the whole kickstarter community.

~Keludar Stormrunner

Edited by Keludar

~Keludar Stormrunner | Twitch Stream

It's all about the business - and these "backer" stretch goals are excellent ladders in-between the larger goals.

Plus, this is very smart to offer for non-VIP backers to give them a "taste" of what VIP feels like for their first month. Some of them will continue since they won't want to go back. It's 100% win for the revenue stream for the game. In addition, it gives us a closer target to aim for.

What do the higher tiered backers get? A faster ticket to mounts and caravans that's what. 

Woah, woah, woah there! You sir are sounding sensible on the internet. I think you can get banned for that.

CopperStall

Dat early 90s Beamer.

To be fair, the pic. could be from the early 90s.

Also, I really like those loafers.   >.<  (I just need a zoot suit to go with them.)

Edited by rhone

I personally would like it that we have more "players" so yes that 13k goal I feel is legit.  300.00 10,000.00 or 35.00.  It's all going to the same goal the game we all want to play.  I hope people can make/grow a positive friendly community rather then a vile negative one.