Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whitedust

Campaigns, Eks And What Else?

So there are campaigns where you go to battle for a certain amount of time then there are EKs where you go back to after you done with the campaign which EVERYONE has one. Let me clarify this isn't another thread about "I don't like EKs"

When we go into campaigns we are only really interacting with people on our "side" aka mostly our guild or faction. Then we have EKs which are personal and will mostly be like playing alone.

I don't know if I am just being stupid but is there a separate more social world other than the EKs where we can trade and duel and such. I don't want like an entire world with quests and dungeons I just feel like that kind of world is missing from Crowfall. Yes we can always meet in someones EK and do that but that seems more complicated than it has to be.

I think a revamped world of the EKs would be instead of players having their own kingdom they would group together and make kingdoms using the rescources they got from battle, not just there own personal kingdom. I mean they could do that but It would be more expensive and harder to maintain and do. I think guild run or faction run EKs would be better than a kingdom for everyone. Or even a separate world for trading and socializing.

I'm not saying they should add PVP to the world I am talking about but they could eventually do that where the point of the campaigns is to get resources in order to fight the real battle back home in the EK world. So we could keep the idea of the eternal campaign except we would have to do well in the temporary campaign to get resources to fight in the eternal one.

I just think a world where everyone could socialize and trade and duel and such would be cool.

You will be able to make your EK flagged for PvP so you can war with other EK's, and ppl will have to use materials they get in the Campaigns for that already so i don't rly see any issue

...obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken. "***** ******"
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. "Alexander the Great"

You will be able to make your EK flagged for PvP so you can war with other EK's, and ppl will have to use materials they get in the Campaigns for that already so i don't rly see any issue

And you forgot another option... You can unflag your EK and noone will be able to attack it. Optional PvP is the worst thing ever. Either it is PvP game or PvE... It can't be somewhere in the middle

And you forgot another option... You can unflag your EK and noone will be able to attack it. Optional PvP is the worst thing ever. Either it is PvP game or PvE... It can't be somewhere in the middle

I don't think the EK's should be permanent PvP tho, If your guild goes ofline your entire kingdome will be destroyed by the time you come back Unless you are some kind of zerg guild who got the players to be there 24/7

There is no fun in that and will only be drama later on the forums

Edited by Sephirothbe

...obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken. "***** ******"
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. "Alexander the Great"

I say that we should all just wait until we can get some more information, then make some decisions about the EKs. I know my personal belief is more of a wait and see type.  

Except that Everyone will have an EK, so good luck actually having any cool battles, and if you're losing just turn off pvp right?

I mean...you'll be able to trade, duel, etc in campaigns. Its an mmo server. I don't know what you guys think it'll be, but you'll have plenty of player interaction outside of guildies...that is if the devs don't make a s hit game....

I mean...you'll be able to trade, duel, etc in campaigns. Its an mmo server. I don't know what you guys think it'll be, but you'll have plenty of player interaction outside of guildies...that is if the devs don't make a s hit game....

yeah but mostly in pvp you will just be fighting and building, not pure trade and such outside of pvp

holy mother of god; they are never ending

The Campaigns are full-fledged MMORPG worlds. You want to be social? Talk to someone. You want to craft? Open the crafting window. You want to take over other guilds? Attack their holdings. The GvG Campaigns might be a bit difficult to do any ad hoc grouping, but all the other Campaigns either have forced factions or a gigantic impetus to find allies.

No one logs into WoW and thinks, "if only there were something beyond my server that I am working toward." You win a bunch of Arenas and are top 10% on your server? No one on the other 100 servers knows that; do you need some global leaderboard to feel better? You have all the Enchanting recipes on your server? Bravo, service all the lads on the realm; the 99% of players on other realms don't even know your name.

All of these are fleeting achievements anyway. When another expansion comes out, all of your recipes and progress are obsolete. Better grind away at whatever material sink Blizzard used this time. Do people in WoW even talk to people outside of their guild? I don't remember that happening very often. New expansion, new people, new social circles. Player/character progress always gets reset every few years; Crowfall has the same exact cycle except it's explicit and part of its appeal. 

"But where can I be social in Crowfall?" The forums. The Order/Chaos/Balance faction cities. The city belonging to your god in those Campaigns. The channels of people you learn to trust in Dregs. Make your EK famous and talk to people who visit. 

Edited by motstandet

As said and repeated many times by many posters in many many other EK threads, EK is what you make of it. You want your EK to be a social hub than make it one. Want to go to war and have battles with other EKs, or make you EK a market place hub then yep you can do that. Why can't people just see EK are what you make of them, and stop wishing to be hand held and told exactly what to do. This isn't yet another themepark ride game, break the mold and adapt.

yeah but mostly in pvp you will just be fighting and building, not pure trade and such outside of pvp

I mean...I'm going to say that there will be a global or general or trade chat, and you can definitely do this..

I can definitely see a guild making a 'neutral city' and then opening trade up to anyone there..where I can trade with my enemies or trade with people outside my guild...have you ever played an open world game like this?

holy mother of god; they are never ending

The Campaigns are full-fledged MMORPG worlds. You want to be social? Talk to someone. You want to craft? Open the crafting window. You want to take over other guilds? Attack their holdings. The GvG Campaigns might be a bit difficult to do any ad hoc grouping, but all the other Campaigns either have forced factions or a gigantic impetus to find allies.

No one logs into WoW and thinks, "if only there were something beyond my server that I am working toward." You win a bunch of Arenas and are top 10% on your server? No one on the other 100 servers knows that; do you need some global leaderboard to feel better? You have all the Enchanting recipes on your server? Bravo, service all the lads on the realm; the 99% of players on other realms don't even know your name.

All of these are fleeting achievements anyway. When another expansion comes out, all of your recipes and progress are obsolete. Better grind away at whatever material sink Blizzard used this time. Do people in WoW even talk to people outside of their guild? I don't remember that happening very often. New expansion, new people, new social circles. Player/character progress always gets reset every few years; Crowfall has the same exact cycle except it's explicit and part of its appeal. 

"But where can I be social in Crowfall?" The forums. The Order/Chaos/Balance faction cities. The city belonging to your god in those Campaigns. The channels of people you learn to trust in Dregs. Make your EK famous and talk to people who visit. 

This...I don't get people...makes me slightly angry. 

You can create merchantile hubs on the EK's.  Right now we're not sure how land is linked together but there's an announcement promised by the end of the KS about EK's and I'm hoping we'll learn more.

Either from the KS rewards or later on with ingame acquisition people will be able to amass larger groups of land parcels.  They can rent those out to other players or (here's where I'm not sure) perhaps there will be a guild mechanic of some sort.   These larger groups of parcels will allow for hubs for player interaction.

So the EK's are not necessarily a solitary experience.  Word will get out about the better EK hubs and since you can open up your EK to people without necessarily making it PvP folks will create all sorts of player hubs. Social, games, shops -there is no real limit that has been announced about what can be done on the EK's.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

As said and repeated many times by many posters in many many other EK threads, EK is what you make of it. You want your EK to be a social hub than make it one. Want to go to war and have battles with other EKs, or make you EK a market place hub then yep you can do that. Why can't people just see EK are what you make of them, and stop wishing to be hand held and told exactly what to do. This isn't yet another themepark ride game, break the mold and adapt.

Please copy this response for use in future EK threads that will inevitably be born and hopefully die quickly.  This is a perfect response.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

This...I don't get people...makes me slightly angry. 

It seems that it's nearly impossible for people to actually discuss an idea without judging the OP for some imagined breach of protocol.

If they think the post has been made before, if the post is on a subject they don't think needs to be discussed anymore, if the OP is asking for something that the responder doesn't value, if the OP raises a game option they don't think is important - a number of folks on this board spend more time berating the OP than they do actually discussing anything. 

The EK's should be fairly flexible about what can be done on them and the only limits I'm seeing are resource driven. 

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

You are probably going to be in the Dregs for 99% of your time.  What does it matter to you if there is optional PvP in an area you won't ever be?  It's not like the EK is a campaign world that everyone will flock to for carebear rule sets or an instance that you can avoid PvP at.

It's like if Call of Duty made a permanent world where you can show off your medals and if it were possible, to buy/sell weapons.  Just because you can't kill other players there doesn't change anything about the matches where you will be playing 99% of the time.

People need to stop looking at this game as if it were a traditional mmorpg.  They are trying something new and you need to be open to the new ideas.  Before you start saying how terrible something is because of a past game, try to think if it really is the same as what you are referencing. 

You are probably going to be in the Dregs for 99% of your time.  What does it matter to you if there is optional PvP in an area you won't ever be?  It's not like the EK is a campaign world that everyone will flock to for carebear rule sets or an instance that you can avoid PvP at.

It's like if Call of Duty made a permanent world where you can show off your medals and if it were possible, to buy/sell weapons.  Just because you can't kill other players there doesn't change anything about the matches where you will be playing 99% of the time.

People need to stop looking at this game as if it were a traditional mmorpg.  They are trying something new and you need to be open to the new ideas.  Before you start saying how terrible something is because of a past game, try to think if it really is the same as what you are referencing. 

There is nothing 'traditional' about it.  That's why I'd like to think most of us are supporting it.  We don't want traditional.  We don't want the usual.  We want PvP.  Death.  Destruction.  General mayhem.  With some crafting and intrigue thrown in for spice.

http://www.twitch.tv/Waikikamukau Yes, it's Why-Kick-Uh-Moo-Cow / Twitter: @TheMukau

Except that Everyone will have an EK, so good luck actually having any cool battles, and if you're losing just turn off pvp right?

Don't underestimate the number of lazy folks like myself that have no plan to build a personal EK.

Much like older games, players will flock to popular EKs and build them up. Probably won't be too difficult to find what you are looking for after a period of time and guilds, alliances, friends have had time to put something together.

We don't all need AH and dev created hubs to know where and what to do.