Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

03/13/15 - Character Progression Faq

These updates just keep getting better!  I have never been so excited about a game, and I'm so happy to support ArtCraft!

Keep up the amazing work, you wonderful people.   :D

Can I be a werebear centaur with a falcon? Because if so this game is just going to be the best game ever. Fact.

Etienne Navarre: Werewolf, falconer, ratcatcher (for Mouse).

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

ArtCraft releases patch notes that say "For all campaigns created after Day X, the following changes are in effect: Ratcatchers now get Steve Irwin hats. Existing campaigns are unaffected."

Theoretically feasible, depending on how detailed and flexible their "campaign control knobs" are. Realistically probably more difficult since characters (and thus their skills, disciplines, etc) are the persistent data here and applying patch changes to the characters piecemeal, as it were, is complicated.

Maybe their system allows for characters flagged currently in a campaign to be "immune" to changes until the campaign closes, and upon exit they get applied. That'd be spiffy, but it sounds hard. I'm curious about the technical side.

I don't know if anyone has already noticed but in your alchemist quote you say "lead from gold". This makes no sense because why would you turn a expensive metal into a less expensive metal. I believe you meant "gold from lead" or perhaps "lead to gold"

Will we be able to craft right out of the gate?

I saw some disciplines that look like you can advance particular styles of crafting, i.e. Stonecutter and Lapidary,  but it isn't obvious how one chooses to be a crafter.

I don't know if anyone has already noticed but in your alchemist quote you say "lead from gold". This makes no sense because why would you turn a expensive metal into a less expensive metal. I believe you meant "gold from lead" or perhaps "lead to gold"

Looks like the alchemist forgot to take brilliant mind at creation.

PFq3vWQ.png

Will we be able to craft right out of the gate?

I saw some disciplines that look like you can advance particular styles of crafting, i.e. Stonecutter and Lapidary,  but it isn't obvious how one chooses to be a crafter.

Some archetypes may come with crafting recipes- we're pretty sure this is true of Forgemaster. Some promotion classes may have crafting recipes even if the root archetype doesn't. And anyone can choose to apply a crafting discipline and gain access to those recipes. Choosing to "be a crafter" just means choosing character options that give you crafting recipes.

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

characters (and thus their skills, disciplines, etc) are the persistent data here and applying patch changes to the characters piecemeal, as it were, is complicated.

Not at all. The fact that I have the power "Burninate" and the associated skill "Pyromancy" doesn't necessarily need to change- what happens in the combat engine when I push that button can be different on every server without any changes to my character data.

Obviously if there are sweeping changes to the character power repertoire, that may be a different story- but finetuning combat values could easily be done on a per-server basis.

Tully

Looks awesome! Look like there's lots of room to experiment, enough to have all charaters of the same achetype but still have different roles among them. So glad weres and vamps are on the table.

I am going to bite and ask. Why is lead more expensive than gold?

So you could walk up to a guinecan and try to kill him,and he goes full werebear on your bottom.

Kinda reminds me of Gnar from LoL

Edited by StiviRibar

Heh. This update makes me realize how deep game will be in terms of class mechanics. Goooood. Most games are too shallow these days. Also yeah, vampires and werewolves are fun.

On a side not: saw your advertising in E-mail you sent today. Good to see you support Star Citizen. Like both games.

oaOnsEV.jpg?1