Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brian1611

After Reading The Newest Post, It's Shadowbane!

:D  :D  :D  :D

ME SO EXCITED :3

They even give us Fury (Its in Templar's promotion though..... )

btw, if other archetypes can fight and ride their mount at the same time, then there is no point to get centaur :wacko:  

Well, the different races also have advantages and disadvantages in the areas of food requirements, resistance to cold and so on.

:D  :D  :D  :D

ME SO EXCITED :3

They even give us Fury (Its in Templar's promotion though..... )

btw, if other archetypes can fight and ride their mount at the same time, then there is no point to get centaur :wacko:  

Well, the different races also have advantages and disadvantages in the areas of food requirements, resistance to cold and so on.

wait wait, food?

so our characters need to eat? is that mean they also need to poop or what? i dont get it  :o

They specifically said, "We are planning for multiple promotion classes for each base Archetype."  I hope the use of "multiple" here was deliberate and implies it isn't just guaranteed 3 per Archetype.  3 per Archetype is cool for release, of course.  But new classes make perfect content for huge patch releases, or one-time cash shop purchases.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

They specifically said, "We are planning for multiple promotion classes for each base Archetype." I hope the use of "multiple" here was deliberate and implies it isn't just guaranteed 3 per Archetype. 3 per Archetype is cool for release, of course. But new classes make perfect content for huge patch releases, or one-time cash shop purchases.

if there is 3 promotions for each archtype and each promotion gives very different powers....then thats a lot of variations yo.

Im thinking the templar might be the same as the mage/rogue/healer/fighter bases in SB

ezgzn8.jpg

That's a lot of base classes, though.  The classes don't strike me as very basic and I can't see a way to branch off of something like a Templar to the same degree that Shadowbane could branch off of a Mage or Healer.  I imagine that making the Champion, Knight and Legionnaire significantly different is already going to be a challenge without then trying to branch off 9+ distinct classes from there.  But a Templar can go in a few directions while remaining a Templar.  I would assume that the specializations are role-focused within the class and concentrate on some variation of the classic damage/tank/support/control aspects of the base class.

For example, and just speculation on my part, but: The Paladin is tanky and/or supporty, the Judicator is controlly and the Fury is a damage monster.  Or maybe the Judicator and the Fury concentrate on two different damage methods, weapons and fire, respectively.  That sort of thing.

Disciplines seem a more or less straight port in concept, though.

Hmm... Lapidary.  That's an interesting word with no immediate combat applications I can imagine.  A crafting focused Discipline either focused on gem or jewelry making or, more interestingly, engraving magic into existing items, perhaps?

Edited by Daerim

I do think we may only see 3 Promotion Classes per Archetype, but I wonder if some Promotion Classes will be shared across Archetypes, or will they simply have similar ability sets under different names. Either way it does seem to me that we will be seeing a larger set of possible combinations and character customizations, and I'm not sure even we SB-players quite know how that's going to play out yet.

ding ding ding.  Every guild needs one or two of those guys.  they are worth an almost unbearable amount of annoyance in the other aspects of the game haha.

Dayel walks the fine line of annoyance... :)

4L1c3MB.jpg