Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CyberWing89

Need Context On The "thanks In Credit As An Early Backer" "reward".

Hello everyone! (in the most generic voice you can think of)

I have a question about the kickstarter "reward" "Thanks in credits as an early backer".

I wonder what name exactly would be used? Would it be the one tied to the kickstarter account or the username/real name tied to the crowfall account?

I'm asking this because I'm not able to donate at kickstarter for legal reasons (ok, I'm underage, not by that much, but I do keep to the law). One of my parents could donate with an account and I would pay them the amount (effectively making me the one who donated, while the account owner and card holder is over 18, as is the kickstarter Terms of Use).

Anyways, that would leave me with the question: What name would be used? (my name, who is the one who effectively donated, and is going to play the game, or my parent's name?)

Thank you for reading and undestanding.

/CyberWing89

Edited by CyberWing89

Personaly i'm not backing because of the thanks in credits :P no1 reads thsoe anyway atleast i know of no one, but i would guess it would be your real name linked with your crowfall account

...obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken. "***** ******"
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. "Alexander the Great"

Yeah, wasn't thinking about it at first, and no one reads the credits, :lol:  but still it'd be nice if my name was there as I would really be the one donating.

EDIT:

What I really looked for was the forum badge, but that's a bit too expensive for me.

EDIT 2:

Didn't see the "supporter" forum badge from the first tier and up. Ok, I'm in.

Edited by CyberWing89

Each instance I have seen "get your name in the credits" promoted for a title they have allowed you to choose what name will be shown. One would imagine a similar system is in place here.

Generally other games allow for choosing a name. For instance I could request the name displayed be "John "Genobee" Smith" (obviously fake name for the record - no one better start calling me John!). Yet I cannot find any details on whether or not the same is in place here, but I cannot imagine why they wouldn't. Since they probably couldn't just go assuming whatever random information they obtained during the backing process is correct?

On a sidenote don't forget about the backer page on the Crowfall website. It may be cheaper for you depending upon what taxes and policies are in effect in your country: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/3332-paypal-coming-particularly-for-our-european-customers/

Edited by Genobee

I'm not an idiot, I simply choose not to think.

2CdBx2L.png

Thanks, John. (lol jk, I'll stop)

I'll probably donate that way, as it's cheaper. ($30 instead of $34 for the one I was gonna pay).

EDIT:

Exept I have the very same problem with that option as with kickstarter.

EDIT 2:

Exept paypal seem to have stricter rules, so I'll go with kickstarter.

Edited by CyberWing89

Well I finally got around to backing today. For the sake of additional clarity here is the message I received upon doing so:

When your reward is ready, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. will send you a survey via email to request any info needed to deliver your reward (mailing address, t-shirt size, etc).

I'm not an idiot, I simply choose not to think.

2CdBx2L.png