chancellor

Paladin Class

Paladins are as famous for their chivalry as their battle prowess.

Templars are already an archetype with holy warrior written all over it, and strong hints of fire magic.

What powers and skills would you like to see Paladins get?

I just want them to get it right, paladins are suppose to be badass, not heal bots, and not someone that would hit you with a wet noodle either. Just sayin' I would rather have a D&D, Pathfinder or Warcraft Paladin (from their books). 

Edit: added parenthesis to better convey my meaning.

Edited by arthidon

Healing has been a Paladin power in many games. That sounds good. There will be no more than light healing during combat in CF, though.

I'd like to see some sort of non-stackable protective buff around a paladin that affects the Hunger, Vampires and Demons. Reducing such attackers' base damage and critical strike chance within 3 meters of the paladin might be cool. Incentives to group up as well as spread out makes players' skill more important. 

Edited by chancellor

Honestly, I like the traditional bane of the undead role of a Paladin with some healing aspects.  I also feel Paladins should be able to sacrifice themselves (in part or in whole) to protect people.  I'm hoping they decide to add a shield to the Pally, and maybe they already have, but if not then not.

Ah, you have the touch do you? I may need protecting more than healing though lol

I do indeed.

And that's okay... I never lay hands without protection.

(Okay, that was bad...  sorry.   :P   )

Edited by rhone

I just want them to get it right, paladins are suppose to be badass, not heal bots, and not someone that would hit you with a wet noodle either. Just sayin' I would rather have a D&D, Pathfinder or Warcraft Paladin from their books. 

You know the D&D Paladin has fluctuated between a gimped fighter/cleric and a pony-riding Lancer?  Besides excelling at Mounted Combat, the notable features they bear are Smite Evil and Virtually Immune to Everything.  Assuming they go the Shadowbane route, Templar should have Purge Sin/Cleansing Flame abilities that handle the wrath of god aspects.  As a tank, it'd be very cool if they were practically immune to debuffs because of Divine Health.

I hope paladin is some sort of supporter that knows its way around a fight, a paladin should feel like its protecting its friends if not himself.

I would love it if by doing damage it helped other players with buffs that proc off of their skills. Something akin to the Captain in LOTRO.

With all this Lay on Hands talk - is it wrong that Bubble Hearthing was my favorite Paladin "ability" in WoW? 

Bubblehearth is life! I would love that in Crowfall, hahaha. 

Well, While we are all having flashbacks to the great WoW days when the Paladin was feared by everyone. Not because they would two shot you or that they were just running around healing everyone. Paladins were known by everyone for there superior fighting abilities.(No you Call of Duty fans that doesnt mean most kills)They were ALWAYS the first ones to rush into combat and the last ones to come out of the fight. There superior fighting skills were instanta killing tactics or rushing in and just throwing up tons of heals. The true great Paladin players were supreme fighters because of there ability to SUPPORT there entire team through the fight. They did very little damage to there enemies but they centered the fight around them because of the damage they could soak up and the ability to keep the enemies focus attacking them, while the allies attacked from all around them. And Just to throw this in there, to ALL you nowadays WoW players these epic battles that were going on NEVER happened inside your arena and battlegrounds. They were outside in just a random area that people were trying to control to charge tolls but it was some of the most epic battles that lasted for HOURS not minutes.

This is a serious thing that Crowfall will have to get right. I think everyone here in chat feels the same way about that. I have some seriously epic battle memories fighting as a Paladin and you would be surpised at how many people actually died in these battles. Another thing to note is very RARELY were the fights every even or in our favor. You cant ever forget battles like that, and I'm totally looking for some New Found love for the Paladin in Crowfall. WoW has since nerfed and ruined the epic battle days of the Paladin. But have no fear my Brothers in Arms, The Paladin will see its day in battle again and it will be fought and won on the back of the Paladin and Glory will be his. Don't worry the Paladin will always survive by the Power of the Light. ;)

Here's to the Paladin and in Hopes that it will live up to its name again in Crowfall, cheers.

Jamadin

Paladin Battle Master

Edited by Jamadin