Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chancellor

Judicator Class

I see Judicator and think, Judge Dredd. He was Judge Jury and Executioner in a world slipping into chaos:

judge-dredd_super.jpg

My point is, I think Judicator will be the most melee skill-rich class of the 3 Templar promotion classes.

Judicator should have skills complimentary to an executioner and also strengthen whatever powers Templars already get.

Probably improved personal Critical hit, Critical Damage and attack speed.

Maybe get a chance to Riposte whenever they time an active block/dodge well.

That Sword looks like it's better made for slashing. Maybe Judicator get a special sweeping attack with the greatsword.

What do you think?

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I just want to use a Greatsword/Hammer and dps/burst with it using physical and holy/light/magic damage and some lesser supporting spells like healing, shields and buffs. 

Edited by caradagaita

I just want to use a Greatsword/Hammer and dps/burst with it using physical and holy/light/magic damage and some lesser supporting spells like healing, shields and buffs. 

That sounds more like a paladin with the support stuff.  Hopefully the Judicator is more like the old school paladin, which is more about using holy power to crush enemies. 

That sounds more like a paladin with the support stuff.  Hopefully the Judicator is more like the old school paladin, which is more about using holy power to crush enemies. 

I want a 100% viable melee dps with 2h weapons like greatsword and hammer/mace. What you said was called "Shockadin" in WoW TBC and the Scepter/Focus Gw2 Guardian and i think we should have this option too. 

I could see the Judicator being drawn to the fire and flames side of holy destructive powers.  The flaming sword, heat hardened armors, heat waves injuring those in its path, purifying flames (debuffer), and maybe explosive based knock backs or propellants.  Could be possible to cauterize wounds to stop bleed effects as well. 

I see it as the Templar's more melee oriented offensive promotion.  

Edited by Belaz

The cauterize wounds ability sounds like a reasonable one. 

I think it should be a passive ability that activates automatically whenever a Damage Over Time (DOT) effect is placed on a Judicator.

Cauterize wounds would inflict an additional 5% fire damage on the Judicator (because he burned himself) on the initial damage, but nullify any DOT.

The Judicator may not always survive the initial attack plus his own cauterization, but usually he would be way ahead of the damage game with this ability.

I just want to smite things with fire in melee with a great sword.

We should be able to do this with any Templar, even before promotion.

The Judicator seems like he should be some sort of swashbuckling kensai (Japanese sword-saint).

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Promotions do not change an archetype's basic role, so all Templar promotions will fundamentally be tanks. Some tanks are more DPSy than others, of course, and the line between a "Tanky DPS" and a "DPSy Tank" can be pretty thin.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Promotions do not change an archetype's basic role, so all Templar promotions will fundamentally be tanks. Some tanks are more DPSy than others, of course, and the line between a "Tanky DPS" and a "DPSy Tank" can be pretty thin.

Understood... He is a tank first... just hope with that 2H he can do some dps :).

0f678e9787b873074149c019e1245cc58ac62d89

Nothing says that a DPS-oriented promotion can't add 20 strength.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

The data mining at The Dregs does not fill me with hope for lots of dps...

http://www.thedregs.net/topic/278-leak-inside-on-archetypes-and-a-list-of-reagents/#comment-3613

Our highest stat is not our primary stat... <_< .

Like the Knight page our Archtype page shows 3 blips in both str and dex, perhaps we have a higher dex for dodging and crits, vs a higher str for dmg bases; I'm also unsure if ACE has started showing/explaining what each stat will effect, or why some archtype pages have 9 stat blips and others have 10.

Landmimes, the silent killer.

Like the Knight page our Archtype page shows 3 blips in both str and dex, perhaps we have a higher dex for dodging and crits, vs a higher str for dmg bases; I'm also unsure if ACE has started showing/explaining what each stat will effect, or why some archtype pages have 9 stat blips and others have 10.

Go to the link I showed for the dregs to see what the data mining shows which is way more than a couple blips on the official Crowfall Archtypes page...

0f678e9787b873074149c019e1245cc58ac62d89