Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stiviribar

So,only Our Face Huh?

So every single piece of info indicates that we will only be able to change the face of our character.That means we only get to change our hair,skin colour and maybe smaller details like eyebrows and eyes but i doubt it.

Now some ppl are concerned about not having the option to change our body with sliders,but you shouldnt forget that in this game there is bodyblock.Now this could be balanced,as in scouts making a smaller body and tanks making a bigger one but it would be a hell to balance.

So i suggest that if we are only to get face customization,give us a lot of it!

A lot of ppl dont care if a guy walks by them in the exact same armor but when they meet their long lost twin they dont have it sucks.

All these graphics details can potentially slow down gameplay during combat. Lag and involuntary disconnects are the biggest detractors to my game experience.

I can be happy with a game that works well regardless of fluffy graphics features.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

All these graphics details can potentially slow down gameplay during combat. Lag and involuntary disconnects are the biggest detractors to my game experience.

I can be happy with a game that works well regardless of fluffy graphics features.

ye lets go back to FF VII graphics^^

So much time in char creation , tweak those eyebrows , colour that beard just so , more manly jawline , furow those brows a little more ....

Log ingame get geared up " oh look here's a grp of 10 identical dwarfs " only distiguishable by the 2 inch of beard sticking from there helmets .

Start customising body shapes and size and sooner or later some custardwit starts crying because that tiny femal char has a smaller hitbox than there down syndrome looking man-giant .

Edited by maarvy

Cmon i didnt mean a creation of Black Deserts calliber.

Just more hairstyles,beards and such.

I think some people are concerned about the, "Give us a lot of it!" part of the OP.  All those details must be loaded into memory when players get close to each other, and that is a performance hit.

Customization is going to be more important when games are played in a first person VR with realistic (distance attenuated) voice communication and real-time mapping of player facial expression onto the player's avatar.

Edited by Kashkalgar

Why don't we wait a few month and see what Artcraft is "hiding"

I could bet my stupid salary that a deeper customization is already on the move...

Do people actually care about bodies? Most MMOs either do it via sliders (where it changes your overall weight very slightly since it only effects the width of your stomach while your head and shoulders are still the same length as before. Or prebuilt body sets which is just kinda stupid since you usually choose between about 3, dwarf, human and brute. Plus armor always covers them, it's the old Skyrim technique. You spend an hour customizing your face to just put a helmet over it. It's pointless.

Archeage lets you hide your helmet. I think all other games should do that as well. I want the face that I spent hours on to be seen, if only by me and maybe a few guild mates.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

If we can't edit body or face we should be able to edit our armor and not preset armor décor :/

If I don't get a slider to increase the size of my female centaurs rack i don't even know if I want to play this game

I think you should be hired as CF's main director

I am hoping that the illustration is just an early concept.

At minimum I would hope for a basic slider systems for height / girth outside of face customization. It does not have to be as intricate a system as games like black desert. 

But being able to scale height and width a tiny bit is a small features that offers a lot of diversity. It is something I would gladly contribute more to as a kickstarter / paypal stretch goal. 

In SB your character model scale was determined by your physical attributes. If you wanted to be big, you needed to bulk up on the Con and Str. Makes perfect sense to me.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully