Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mal

Bane

you said PvPing without maxed discs and skills. Now you're saying sieges with level 30s. Not the same argument.

It's the same argument.  That's an example of PVPing below max level without maxed discs and skills, as Crowfall will be throughout thanks to passive training.  Your end game spec plan doesn't make a hoot of a difference if your spec at that level isn't also optimized.  Many Shadowbane classes only become forces to be reckoned with late game, and some are ideal for fresh start servers.  Makes that VIP option mighty attractive since you'll need toons for both.

server up toons are not bane spec toons. Discs, gear, and training is limited at start and creating an ideal character for sieging at launch isn't the most effective way to get established.

Ah but that's my argument.  Crowfall doesn't differentiate between the two.  A standard account has a single character training, VIPs can squeeze in three.  If you want to start off with a regular toon and roll up a bane spec once you've learned the game, you're going to be behind the experience curve.  Imagine needing to engage in banes with a character that you had to optimize on the fly, no ability to powerlevel, and possibly months between the perfect discipline gains.  That's a lot of planning that can easily get ruined by a single mistake, and there's no guarantee your final vision will be viable at the lower levels.

Of course since Minotaurs are now confirmed, there's already a safe cookie-cutter option.  :mellow:

Well, it's been said that the power curve is more horizontal. So if you have to roll a new toon because your original was a gimp you won't be as bad off as in other games. Plus we get active exp to a point as well. Any who, scrubby noob pvp at server launches is always fun. Looking forward to it.

Hrm, people need full specs to PVP.... Crowfall will be interesting then seeing how I don't think we'll be able to level cap our characters easily, if at all.

Shadowbaners will need to get used to PVPing without maxed disc and skills. Oh joy! :wub:

your dumb. Lol. The lvl changes nothing...especially when everyone has a teenie lvl.

ezgzn8.jpg

I'm curious to see how much things have changed.

What specs are people spamming nowadays?

Mostly Greatsword Warrior specs, you wouldn't be interested.

Er, what's "edging"?

Who fought whom?

I have a level 26 confessor on SBEMU and still need to be guilded by someone. I'll probably end up playing priest(s) for mines and banes. I can't keep up with all of the shifting guild affiliations and /quit threads. WM doesn't play on there so I guess I'm a free agent. You can PM me on here or on the SBEMU forums - same username, different forum title. I figured that I would say something here since I'd prefer to be a part of a nation that actually drops banes. I typically play on MB but WM pretty much wrapped up the server until the next wipe at least.

I originally thought that I'd play with ODB but Shuyin and Zoopz don't appear to be very active now, peekachew purportedly quit and/or left guild/nation, and I really don't know what's going on with the server political dynamics in general. I'm willing to run with a crowd of completely new/different players, I really just want to log in for some good GvG during the evenings.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

Shuyin is on all the time....trust me. Can't miss that guy in vent. lol

I'm sure if you hit ODB they will tag you, I mean it is Doon afterall :D He loves everyone, and hates everyone. Thus why we love the drunken little guy.

Mine fights are awesome. But banes lately...server only played nice on the first one, all the rest broke the hamster on the wheel. Though server didnt crash, that's a good thing I guess.

Can handle 70+ mine fights, but not banes. *shrugs* Course that's not going to stop us from baning all and everybody.

The bane in this thread was the one GoD vs Smite Brothers (FU), in which they had a r2 tree, and someone in GoD had an r2 scroll. Was only tree to use it on, hence the bane. We had 28 actives + some bash bots/duel boxing. They had about 15 actives. Wasn't all that eventful, they got crushed everytime they come out, don't even know if they killed any of us at the bane. Maybe one or two lol.

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

Odd. The last two times I've logged in I've been told by an ODB member that Shuyin hasn't been on for weeks. Haven't been able to get a hold of Zoopz in game either.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

Odd. The last two times I've logged in I've been told by an ODB member that Shuyin hasn't been on for weeks. Haven't been able to get a hold of Zoopz in game either.

Dunno about the Zoopz guy, but Shuyin is indeed playing.

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

MaT that was me that you talked to about shuyin and zoopz, apparently I was mistaken. Seen both dudes a couple times since, however Zoopz has been testy because we won't pl and gear his ranger.

P.S. O bane saturday if you're interested

MaT that was me that you talked to about shuyin and zoopz, apparently I was mistaken. Seen both dudes a couple times since, however Zoopz has been testy because we won't pl and gear his ranger.

P.S. O bane saturday if you're interested

Theres a bane on Saturday?!

yeah, just check sbstatistics....oh wait, nm you guys are talking about failmu

I thought we were calling it Shamu.

ebc48i.jpg

Edited by Kyutaru

Meh, I just call both versions Shadowcrack. Nomatter how bad it is for you, you are just going to keep hitting that poorly made socks till you die. EMU is just a stronger laced crack that keeps people so custarded up and seeing hallucinations that things will get better so we don't leave, where as MB is like a cheap crack from Russia, that's non laced and plane, gets you just enough of a high that you don't give a custard about anything, but you can see your buddies on this higher form of crack and makes you shake your head as you take another puff, but deep inside you are sad because you are doing that crack all alone, so you start drinking with it, and before you know it you think you are German and in a communist guild out to enslave the world.

Wait...which one is the laced one again? Ah custard it. Pass the crack around.

Edited by Khazzeron

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~