Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mal

Bane

The SB community has a lot of players who played SB back when they were in college or H.S. and could sink a lot of free time into the game. Now these players are in their late 20's, early to mid-30's, whatever, and they have a lot less time to dedicate to dominating a virtual world. It seems to me that the SBEMU community appeals to these players to a much greater degree. A nation with a lot of casual players can both survive and thrive on there. SBEMU doesn't even have a lot of banes dropped. On MB, you have WM who will do whatever it takes to win, and WM's opposition who most recently learned that they have to adopt the same mentality if they want to survive in a war against WM. Both sides engage in chain bane campaigns; banes are fought on weeknights and weekends. The casual nation play style cannot really survive on MB, at least in a totally unaffiliated sense. They would have to fight on one side or the other. I know because I tried to administer the opposition to WM back in MB alpha. Such an effort requires a lot more dedication than I could ever hope to offer these days.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

Point is, if you're looking for a real server war to sink your teeth into, one that is slightly reminiscent of the old SB wars, you'll want to log into Magicbane and join one of the participants. The server is pretty hot right now. I don't know if that purple crest will last more than two weeks, but who knows?

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

Did fake GoD just lose an R8 on SBEMU?

4H4LmCE.gif

Did fake GoD just lose an R8 on SBEMU?

I wasn't there as I spammed for a damn summons for an hour didn't get it so logged, but apparently the entire server showed up to ensure Tactical Kaos a win. Was GoD vs Tactics/Wolves/C&L/Aririrang.

Guess GoD was finally beaten, just took a server zerg 3 hours to do so lol...

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

Wehrmacht is the top dog of all NA guilds. However, the bottom line is the Chinese forces are insurmountable for any NA nation and thats a fact, jack.

I wasn't there as I spammed for a damn summons for an hour didn't get it so logged, but apparently the entire server showed up to ensure Tactical Kaos a win. Was GoD vs Tactics/Wolves/C&L/Aririrang.

This is what often happened to me on Live servers. When this situation occurs, you've won Shadowbane.

4H4LmCE.gif

This is what often happened to me on Live servers. When this situation occurs, you've won Shadowbane.

Yeah it's part of SB, nobody wins them all. When it's 3 groups if that vs 80-100 server *shrugs*

Can't be mad about losing, as I said, nobody wins them all, especially N v Server.

Edited by Khazzeron

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

Apparently you (like me) weren't at the bane so you can't say much about it. There is a screenshot of the bane and only Tactical was there. None of God complained on forum about multiple nation been there so maybe there were only Tactical. On this thema (who is cupping) on another screenshot posted by Doon i saw another Na / EU nation (C&L) ready to cup with Wolves against BLDG at their defensive bane

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

Then the Chinese won Shadowbane ages ago.

Not really, because when this sort of thing happens to the Chinese they are typically >50% of their server pop anyway.

4H4LmCE.gif

I wasn't there as I spammed for a damn summons for an hour didn't get it so logged

Been there. There are times where I'm willing to run if I could just damn find out where the hell the bane is. No one answers nation chat and voice comm is usually crowded by blow hards who like to hear themselves talk. Thanks to sbstatistics, I can find out the city name and time at least. But i still have to go city by city and find out where the hell it is. Then box a summoner, run at the priests slow run speed, and hope I end up on the right side of the city. The wrong one means I die before I even get there.

Yeah it's part of SB, nobody wins them all. When it's 3 groups if that vs 80-100 server *shrugs*

Can't be mad about losing, as I said, nobody wins them all, especially N v Server.

Bane was under water as well and no one reported it.