Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Elvine

Yay, We Have Our Own Section Now!

Happy to see this section made! I was having a hard time searching and weeding through other sections to find good conversations going on. 

Thanks for listening Tully! :3

Edited by Elvine

This is going to be interesting! There are thousands of people from hundreds of different game, each with their own hopes, dreams, opinions, biases and they are all about to clash in a beautiful and glorious way.

*lifts glass* Here's to a healthy, passionate discussion where the various ideas may be put through the wood chipper but everyone continues to respect each other. *drinks*

Edited by Arawulf

Very excited to hear everyone's thoughts on what little we know

I plan spamming here a lot

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Hooray! Found my new message board home! I'm so eager to see all the specialties!

We already know of:

Black smithing - weapons & armor (do you think these will be seperate)

Wood Craft- buildings? Siege machines?

Lapidary - gems? Rune etchings?

Alchemy - potions & consumables

Stone masonry- stone buildings

Mount crafting - I think Todd said in one of the videos the figurines would be

Thrall binding

Did I miss any others that have been mentioned so far?

What are you guys excited for?

Edited by calamity

Hooray!

I'd like to see topiary/horticulture and sculpture.  Does all crafting have to be useful for building or killing or is there room for aesthetics?

Edited by BraveSirRobin

Yes, this was really needed... thank you!

Have fun mods with moving all the current related threads here.  :)

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

I'm excited to try the crafting in general.  Honestly.  Gathering the different resources, trying different materials and seeing how it affects the outcome.

I will more than likely end up being a blacksmith in whatever capacity.  In DAoC I made armor (I was a Bard...  no real reason for weapons), in SW:G I made weapons, in UO the little crafting I did was intended for weapons (as a PK you get used to dying lots and easily, so sometimes you just run out in a robe with a deadly poisoned katana and hope for the best!).  It's very likely I'll have multiple crafting characters, to be honest.  I love crafting.  <3

Have fun mods with moving all the current related threads here.   :)

Chances are the existing threads will remain where they are unless someone (usually the OP) requests to have it moved.

Chances are the existing threads will remain where they are unless someone (usually the OP) requests to have it moved.

Actually, they've been moving threads from general for over a week now.  It leaves a forward link to the new location so people are aware of the move.  I'm sure they'll get moved eventually.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

I do not think it is necessary to move threads made prior to the crafting forum founding to the crafting forum.  The discussions that took place in those threads has ended and will not continue just because they have been moved to a different forum.  These threads can always be referenced in new discussions via hyperlinks if necessary.  Wouldn't it be better to just start new more complete discussions instead of just moving discussions on fragments of Crowfall's crafting mechanics?

This forum already serves as a place to keep track on crafting discussions, if we add all past threads that hint at crafting to the crafting forum, discussions will again easily be lost like they have been in the suggestions forum.  No need to move all the old furniture here, let's buy new tables and chairs for our new house.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Actually, they've been moving threads from general for over a week now.  It leaves a forward link to the new location so people are aware of the move.  I'm sure they'll get moved eventually.

I didn't realize this section has been up that long.  Am I losing my mind?