Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what happens to ppl who like play solo or just whit few friends do they necessary need join guild to survive and they never be able to be a winner after season ?

what happens to ppl who like play solo or just whit few friends do they necessary need join guild to survive and they never be able to be a winner after season ?

It is not going to be build into the game that you can't solo or play in small groups, I am sure.

However, we do tend to bunch up in groups and there is strength in numbers.

So honestly, the players will dictate this.

There are some fun playstyles involved in being bandits or solotary predators though.

Just don't expect to "win" the campaigns"

On the other hand, with dying worlds there might be room for small groups joining up with larger ones for the duration of a campaign.

That might very well be fun.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

ye thats one concern i have,this victory condition dictates us a certain playsytle to win.

of course you can still be that predator as you said,or that trader or crafter leading a big bottom company,thus impacting the economy of whole nations,but don't expect to win like that....

i think it really limits the sandbox potential if the only way to win is by ruling over the lands.

why can't victory points be generated for everything someone does.

victory points for trade,victory points for crafting,victory point for killing of people and so on

Edited by kampfbock

Depends on your ruleset and world. But it occurred to me just now that I either never saw, or forgot what the 'winning' conditions will be in the harshest world/ruleset. 100% every man for themselves. What, if you ever die, you lose? The one character with the least number of deaths win's?

Regardless, you will probably have little luck solo. Sure, you'll be able to fight, but that's just about the simplest thing to do in CF. Anything that requires something other than twitch skills will be harder to pull off solo. 

eEvERiW.jpg

Depends on your ruleset and world. But it occurred to me just now that I either never saw, or forgot what the 'winning' conditions will be in the harshest world/ruleset. 100% every man for themselves. What, if you ever die, you lose? The one character with the least number of deaths win's?

Regardless, you will probably have little luck solo. Sure, you'll be able to fight, but that's just about the simplest thing to do in CF. Anything that requires something other than twitch skills will be harder to pull off solo. 

ye at the end of the day none really can tell,because we just don't know enough yet,it got potential be poorly made socks,if its done really bad.

but it also got potential to be just fine and really good.

we just dot know yet^^

anyway it goes,i fully agree that this game won't be fun for the combat-crazy anarchists.

the only solo gamesytle i could imagine is something like an information broker,and even those guys are dependent on the people they gather information from and distribute it to.

of course at the beginning there will be solo gameplay,but with advancing of the campaign solo will be made impossible,you will have to depend on the skills and abilities of other people to be successful.

as an advanced crafter,who supplies a whole region with his products,you won't have the time to gather the quantities of resources needed to do it,so you might let that be done by others.

as soldier you don't have the time to farm equip,you will have to buy these form the crafter and so on.

work distribution is one key factor of this game and it automatically leads to communities and turns anarchy(everyone for himself) less successful

Edited by kampfbock

Make some friends bud.

Nobody knows the answer to this question, but the way I read the developers' comments and FAQs causes me to question the viability of being solo.  It might be done well on the 3-Faction ruleset, but again, that remains to be seen.

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com