Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thralls - What They Are Or Aren't ?

Anhrez

Thralls souls used to enhance items ? - Blixtev interview with Mmorpg with hammer example

Thralls used as NPC sales folk - EK informational update

So what else ?

What about currency? If you are not a crafter focused player, currency is usually important to enable them to purchase items. Currency requires no specific skills to acquire or no specific skills to spend. It's nuetrality makes it useful... But what will be neutral in Crowfall?

The most recent Discipline examples talk about potions, so will be seeing players selling pots for raw mats? Or could Thralls and Runestone start off as the base currency?

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Thralls souls used to enhance items ? - Blixtev interview with Mmorpg with hammer example

Thralls used as NPC sales folk - EK informational update

So what else ?

What about currency? If you are not a crafter focused player, currency is usually important to enable them to purchase items. Currency requires no specific skills to acquire or no specific skills to spend. It's nuetrality makes it useful... But what will be neutral in Crowfall?

The most recent Discipline examples talk about potions, so will be seeing players selling pots for raw mats? Or could Thralls and Runestone start off as the base currency?

Whatever people need early on will be currency.

So materials will be and so will collectible catalyst like thralls.

That ratio is dependent on what ends up being most important to winning campaigns.

So probably whatever helps build a base --> Then after that's establishedwhatever maintains that base and allow players to go on expeditions --> The whatever allows players to maintain extended bases and attack others ---> then whatever leads to increasing overall strength to establish dominance in a campaign --> and then that cycle will slowly augment over time in terms of time spent in each stage based on what materials they can/can't bring into the campaign.

Unless base building is so secondary and mundane that material acquisition for it is so rudimentary that it could never be worth much then it'll be just whatever items pump up a guild's characters fastest, which would get really boring really fast in my opinion.

#CrowFallBata

~Sweet Sensations~

puppy punch Count: 28

I'm curious about Thralls from the perspective of undermining the crafter role. If the ultimate value in creating an item is the modification of it with a specific Thrall, then the value shifts to that who is in possession of the Thrall.  

And are Thralls "items" that can be looted from other players if they are carrying them? Will crafters have special accommodations for acquiring. transporting or otherwise managing Thralls?

So many questions!

zjsbjmn.png

Are there more than one format of Thralls?

Is the Thrall 'found' different than what can be used to enhance a weapon? Is it a crafter that shapes a raw Thrall into a useful Thrall component used in crafting?

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Are there more than one format of Thralls?

Is the Thrall 'found' different than what can be used to enhance a weapon? Is it a crafter that shapes a raw Thrall into a useful Thrall component used in crafting?

My guess is that Thralls will all have one format, in the sense that all Thralls can do the same thing as any other Thrall.  All Thralls will be able to be used as Vendors, Crafting Assistants (For item duplication), and item enchantments.  In the lore, Thralls are the souls of the dead left behind in the Dying Worlds, there is no sentient life left in the Dying Worlds, for everyone has already died, only their ghosts, the Thralls, are left when the Crows, immortals, have arrived.

And are Thralls "items" that can be looted from other players if they are carrying them? Will crafters have special accommodations for acquiring. transporting or otherwise managing Thralls?

Could easily differ from mounts, but my guess i that we will be able to carry them in our pockets as well.  Thralls are definitely commodities and practical luxury items because they can be used as weapon enchantments, and PvP players love extra damage enchantments.  While mounts will probably be funded, I don't think we will be required to carry Thralls in caravans, we will most likely be capable of carrying some if only a few at a time.

The Devs have said the following in the crafting MMORPG article:

That’s probably about all I should say about it for now, except, remember: the [Thrall] system was designed to create reasons to seek out and interact with other players.

Or, you know, kill them and take their stuff.  That works, too.

If this does not confirm Thralls as lootable items, then I don't know what will, I ask for faith to believe this statement.  Thralls are valuable items with multiple purposes such as crafting infrastructure (Ability to craft items), enchantment reagents, and commercial infrastructure (Sells items in your stead).  I can easily see them becoming a currency at any point of the game, I doubt there will be an unlimited amount.

I will personally be using them as crafting hands in my forge, forging duplicates of my solid item designs so I can give away and sell my wares.  Feels good to have many assistants helping you out in mass production while you only oversee them and forge to make new weapon designs.  I will be the best Blacksmith in the land.
Edited by sneaky_squirrel

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

One question I have about thralls is arguably a general question about crafting: 

Will the various uses for Thralls be their own skill/rune paths? Could I make a ThrallMaster who specializes in getting the most benefit from imbuing a thrall versus a 'normal' crafter who makes the items in the first place?

Another aspect of the Thralls that I'd like to get clarity on is how they are impacted by the export rules.  If they're lootable then it seems that they take up an inventory slot of some kind and that makes me wonder about the odds of getting off the planet with Thralls when the RNG comes into play.

Frikken RNG.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

I'm curious about Thralls from the perspective of undermining the crafter role. If the ultimate value in creating an item is the modification of it with a specific Thrall, then the value shifts to that who is in possession of the Thrall.  

So many questions!

Whenever I don my "speculation hat" in regards to crafting, I get the idea that while anyone can go out and try to get thralls, it doesn't necessarily mean that they have the ability to do jack all with it if they did not hone their crafting skills, hence making a crafter very valuable in game.

Having said that, I'm usually extremely wrong when it comes to speculating.