Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I Really Miss My Entertainer...

Sardoni

And I liked the NGE entertainer with the build-a-buff system.  I acknowledge that combat got the hose with NGE but I loved my entertainer. She was an ace pilot rank 9 pvp rebel.  People would sometimes get mad in space and demand that I fight them on the ground.

So I'd land in Theed, pull out my glowsticks (earned from pvp rank), put on my most fabulous outfit, and start my best dance macro up while I waited.

I also enjoyed flagging overt and buffing people in Restuss and the rotating siege battles on Tat/Naboo/Rori (I think it was Rori... might have been Corellia and my city was on Rori).

Wonder if this game will have something like the entertainer since Thomas Blair is on the team (who apparently owns the patent for the Entertainer Build-a-buff system and something to do with Creature Handling as well).

The emu doesn't quite fill my entertainer void.

Edited by sardoni

mael4.jpg

Been around the MMO Block...

Sardoni

And I liked the NGE entertainer with the build-a-buff system.  I acknowledge that combat got the hose with NGE but I loved my entertainer. She was an ace pilot rank 9 pvp rebel.  People would sometimes get mad in space and demand that I fight them on the ground.

So I'd land in Theed, pull out my glowsticks (earned from pvp rank), put on my most fabulous outfit, and start my best dance macro up while I waited.

:D That's elegant. :)

At first I thought you offering them dance battle. :D

oaOnsEV.jpg?1

I doubt seriously we will see this. It would add an option for things to do in the game, and the dev's have been very clear that this is a combat and crafting game. Anything that might be a valid gameplay option to fighting each other or crafting stuff to fight each other is either being suppressed or treated as an afterthought. So far, at least. The EK document is supposedly going to be revealed before the kickstarter ends. It might reverse the trend. Let's hope so!

eEvERiW.jpg

My first character on launch day was a bulky long-haired blonde bearded entertainer named Thor.

*gasps* That's a picture. *with suspicion* Have you ever created a fat Jedi pre-NGE? *mumbles* That could be his work, too.

oaOnsEV.jpg?1

I doubt seriously we will see this. It would add an option for things to do in the game, and the dev's have been very clear that this is a combat and crafting game. Anything that might be a valid gameplay option to fighting each other or crafting stuff to fight each other is either being suppressed or treated as an afterthought.

Yeah, we figured out as much. But thing is entertainers as an idea and/or gameplay mechanic does not become any worse.

The EK document is supposedly going to be revealed before the kickstarter ends. It might reverse the trend. Let's hope so!

Let's. We already talked about it, though. It was told that entertainer's mechanic cannot be used because rights to it belong to another company. I don't know whether they come up with anything similar to hanging out in cantinas, but I'd like that. Virtual hubs where you can see each other's avatars much more fun than just forums.

Edited by rolan storm

oaOnsEV.jpg?1

*gasps* That's a picture. *with suspicion* Have you ever created a fat Jedi pre-NGE? *mumbles* That could be his work, too.

By the time people figured out how to unlock Jedi, I'd stepped away from the game.  I came back, had a blast, and then came back once more after, and was disheartened by the force-sensitive character creation option and left for good.

By the time people figured out how to unlock Jedi, I'd stepped away from the game.  I came back, had a blast, and then came back once more after, and was disheartened by the force-sensitive character creation option and left for good.

Almost the same. Played a little after month (I think) game started for some time. Quit. Returned. Left again to come back and play after CU. Left after NGE, never returned.

oaOnsEV.jpg?1

my first toon was a Twi'lek Master Dancer, and because there are still nerds out there that don't like seeing dudes playing chic characters I quickly became a Tera Kasi Master lol to defend myself and beat up on some idiots

But trust me Sardoni I miss EVERYTHING about SWG just about as much I'd say lol

mael4.jpg

I doubt seriously we will see this. It would add an option for things to do in the game, and the dev's have been very clear that this is a combat and crafting game. Anything that might be a valid gameplay option to fighting each other or crafting stuff to fight each other is either being suppressed or treated as an afterthought. So far, at least. The EK document is supposedly going to be revealed before the kickstarter ends. It might reverse the trend. Let's hope so!

Depends on how you look at it. A "combat and crafting" game could easily have fatigue that needs to be removed around the campfire. Just like in SWG, I pull out my instrument and soothe your battle fatigue away.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

Depends on how you look at it. A "combat and crafting" game could easily have fatigue that needs to be removed around the campfire. Just like in SWG, I pull out my instrument and soothe your battle fatigue away.

Are you comfortable with the fact that you will be at fault for the aneurysm experienced by any of the "hardcore" pvp'ers who read your post?

:D

eEvERiW.jpg

I spent a whole lotta time being soothed! :3

Are you comfortable with the fact that you will be at fault for the aneurysm experienced by any of the "hardcore" pvp'ers who read your post?

:D

I spent most of my time flagged overt and out in the world with the active PVPers in SWG even as a "non-combat entertainer" so...

When people claim something "isn't a PVP thing" challenge accepted ;)

Repopulation is on steam right now - 19.99 gets you access (it's still in development) and they have an entertainer.  It's not as shiny as CF but it may fill that dancin' void.

It does for now (already got my entertaining to 6k :P).  Sardi on Kjell is my toon if you need buffs!  However this game is a different style of game so it would be nice to see some diversification across the industry of a fun class concept.

mael4.jpg

Been around the MMO Block...

Sardoni

I wasn't able to get more than a few hours in Repop before the graphics issues killed it for me. I'll wait a few months and see again, but character movement and animations are seen every single second you are playing, and they need to be better. When the lighting is better, and invisible wall problems are fixed, and jumping is not weird... heh.... I will come back and see. I think it does have potential.

eEvERiW.jpg