Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Genobee

Anticheat - Never To Early To Discuss

As we all know cheating will likely be a problem to some extent. It is in every online game in the market whether it be F2P or subscription based. Never matters. There WILL be people trying to ruin other peoples time simply because they can try. 

Now you are probably thinking I'm going to suggest some crazy solution that wouldn't yield results, right? Not really. I wanted to have an open discussion about what I feel is the best option versus what others believe is. Perhaps give a few ideas to the developers. Make them a little bit more aware of what is preferred and why in this category. 

The anticheat I would strongly prefer to see would be known as Fairfight. This one is a personally favorite by a mile. It has worked quite exceptionally in APB:Reloaded (barring other perceived problems with this title). Reason being why is that it works server side. It analyzes data sent to the server. Cheaters can't bypass it. Eventually it catches them, and since it looks at the behavior it can even notice those pesky closet cheaters. 

Basically Fairfight collects everything under the sun in terms of what is sent back to the server. Meaning developers may even utilize it to gather information they were otherwise unaware they could collect. Helping determine factors other than cheating when it comes to the game. Can't really argue with a little gameplay data, right? 

Currently it appears to only be utilized in FPS games. However that may be largely applicable to this title too. Depending upon the final style of combat used. Remember that the combat shown in the trailer was NOT what we will be seeing in the final game. It was, as a developer referred to it, RnD.

Link to the Fairfight website: https://gameblocks.com/

Again: server side. NOTHING about Fairfight collects or is even on the clients end. 

TL:DR - I love Fairfight. If it can be adapted to Crowfall that would be wonderful in my book. What do you all prefer?

I'm not an idiot, I simply choose not to think.

2CdBx2L.png

Cheating is just advanced tactics and should be encouraged.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

If you ain't using all the tricks in the book why play? Give me them dupes and hacks.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Anything to keep cheaters away, is great. So thanks for bringing up whatever you're talking about. :) Never heard of it. If it's good I hope they look into it.

Keeping them away is important too though. What's stopping developers from fining people? Make it clear before you enter the game, that if you're caught cheating you'll not only be banned but have to pay a certain amount to get back into the game. Eventually cheaters would run out of new credit cards to use and decide that maybe playing fair is a better idea..

I know, there's probably legal issues stopping this from happening, damn it. 

If you ain't using all the tricks in the book why play? Give me them dupes and hacks.

Again, if you can't win without resorting to cheating, you don't deserve the win at all.

Alls fair in war. I'll see ya from the win column.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I for one am thoroughly disgusted by your stance in this. If you find and dupes I demand you tell me immediately so i can report them.

Only if I get a percentage of the "reward".

Edited by checkyotrack

SWrkfdj.jpg

No one knows the lengths I'll go to avoid farming.

Bows of Thurin can't be divided til the next dupe is found.

I want Solars axe.

SWrkfdj.jpg

There is a guy on MB running around with Vraxxanasses(not gonna confirm spelling) Axe and nobody knows how he got it.

SWrkfdj.jpg

All Fair fight does is look at the people with a high score in the match plus high kdr's and bans them on the probability they could be cheating it's a very iffy system that backfires way to often.

Edit: Going to add in RvR game like this imagine having half of your zerg banned because you just got 300+ kills on the enemy group and none of your group died thats pretty much what fairfight does

Edited by Bionics

Is it a bad time to point out that anti-cheat is an arms race, and telling the other side in an arms race what you plan to have available down the road is completely pants on head stupid?

Edited by jinglehell