Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your Thoughts On Gamevox..

OTR

Hello all.

So im starting a guild and was looking in to websites and voice chats and came across GameVox. I've never heard of it before and wondered if anyone around here had used it. The web site makes it sound good but of course they would and the prices seem great. $20 dollars a month reg price for 200 person server. That alone is worth asking about it. But then there is the whole to good to be and all. So I thought I'd come on here and see what others think of it. 

large.png?1427076055

http://thetradecompany.shivtr.com/

don't know about all that...

Ventrilo is what all the cool kids i know of like to use

but, to each their own....

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

I used vent a couple times and didnt like it I mostly use TS but never tried mumble.

large.png?1427076055

Mumble is like TS on crack.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I think that's my problem with vent I started with TS and vent is different and I don't like different. 

large.png?1427076055

I think that's my problem with vent I started with TS and vent is different and I don't like different. 

This, pretty much, and TS just always sounded better than Vent to me.

That and the security settings were hummina hummina on TS.

in my Ideal game world...voice comms would be built in...so that when the Client is running, no other programs can run...

yeah, no looking up something..voice is built in...no macros/bots/outside programs

just the Game...

i can Dream...can't i?

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Gamevox .. havent heard of that one , 20 for a 200 man server sure does sound like a bargain .

As freeze said Mumble works fine for us , you can make all the settings you need just like vt . Vt is great but seriously who wants to pay for that .Ts on the other hand I find a bit of a farce to get alt binds / groups / mutes and whatnot setup how we like em from what I recall .

Edited by maarvy

in my Ideal game world...voice comms would be built in...so that when the Client is running, no other programs can run...

But... then my second monitor would be useless while gaming  :(

Currently Playing - Dirty Bomb, Archeage, & Skyforge

AMEqAAy.jpg

• 5 months later...

Necro Thread. Gamevox is like the love child of Mumble and Teamspeak. I like it, and was really hesitant at 1st. 

"So Doggetts f****** crazy i know that" - J Todd Coleman