Scree

[Obsidian] Crowfall Stealth Operations

obsidian-splash.jpg
https://obsidian.wiki

Obsidian is a uniquely specialized guild created exclusively for Crowfall. Our goal is simple; to provide a home for people interested in stealth-first operations; who value intelligence, guerilla tactics and small-group PVP over brute force and numbers. Our efforts include knowing what is going on geo-politically within Crowfall, even if that knowledge isn't public. We have operatives working within the ranks of our enemies, and we utilize this information to create the battlefield of our choosing.

We prefer small-scale, squad-based engagements done to-scale inside the campaign worlds of Crowfall. This means we've organized ourselves into small squads of players operating independently on the battlefield, yet simultaneously acting in concert with one another to achieve a greater and more meaningful victory. 

Recruitment 

Obsidian is currently selective of who it permits to join us. We only seek those who are dedicated enough to undertake the recruitment process. We give great deference to individuals interested in stealth operations, but it is not a requirement for the right candidate. We regularly seek out individuals with non-combat areas of expertise and have a vibrant community built for interested crafters and gatherers. We understand the incredible importance these individuals bring to the table.

To join Obsidian, you must first find us. Track down the location and name of one of our members (Crowfall Discord). If you can convince that individual to sponsor you into our organization, he or she will refer you to our Council of Whispers for the next step. Please note that joining Obsidian is a one-shot; your application to join us is the only one you'll get. Make sure you really want it, before you begin the process.

Things We Work On

Malekai.org - The front page of the Malekai Project. The only Crowfall Database!

Edited by Scree
Updated OP for 2019

This also looks like a guild that will appeal to what I am planning to play, I'd like to see how this goes.

Thanks for your interest guys, Glad you liked the site too ;)

I'm currently collecting the emails of the initial group of players. Expect a welcome email to go out later this week with details on the next steps. 

Cool guild, i'll check it out more

Caravan rapers

PS: Many congrats on your organitzation and planning, you make it very clear that this is not just a bunch of people. this is guild.

ahh from the US, I'm European.

Edited by mazh

Cool guild, i'll check it out more

Caravan rapers

PS: Many congrats on your organitzation and planning, you make it very clear that this is not just a bunch of people. this is guild.

ahh from the US, I'm European.

I agree with the above post, the sight was very well organized.

Just joined on the website.  This guild definitely suits my play type (destroy rather than build ;) ) and i am planning to spec full melee dps. I am also very active in any game I play and just recently bought the Amber package so I will be in Alpha as well. 

Just joined on the website.  This guild definitely suits my play type (destroy rather than build ;) ) and i am planning to spec full melee dps. I am also very active in any game I play and just recently bought the Amber package so I will be in Alpha as well. 

You will have to let me know how initial alpha goes, I won't be getting in until alpha 3

Yea I've been working on integrating a roster listing of guild members and I'll be gathering what testing phase they are in so we can track and organize ourselves accordingly.

Work is progressing nicely, should have a good update tomorrow for those of you who've already signed up for membership.

I am in amber as well, like your thoughts on a guild. Played NWN, still play Neverwinter, and just started GW2. Generally play HR's, but in my old D&D days always played Assassin mage builds. Might be fun to do that again.

I am in amber as well, like your thoughts on a guild. Played NWN, still play Neverwinter, and just started GW2. Generally play HR's, but in my old D&D days always played Assassin mage builds. Might be fun to do that again.

Yea but to be clear, if they allow ANY character archetype to stealth (maybe with a discipline rune?) then they could in theory be an acceptable character for the guild. So we aren't explicitly, at this stage in game news, requiring everyone to be assassins. Just a FYI. Still we'd be glad to have you ;0

Thanks for being patient to those who have shown interest so far (great turnout so far!).

Just as a heads up I did send out welcome emails from my gmail address and invites into the Slack directory for you all. Please join us in that service asap ;)

A bump to the top is called for!

Is sneaky beaky guerrilla tactics your thing? We're waiting for you.

Define "small scale" pvp. Is it with a maximum number in mind or is it more "selective based on pvp style, etc". I.E. Do you have a plan for guild expansion?

Define "small scale" pvp. Is it with a maximum number in mind or is it more "selective based on pvp style, etc". I.E. Do you have a plan for guild expansion?

http://theobsidian.co/ check out the part on hierarchy on the sight. The bases of the guild is 2 playing as stealth in groups of five. Hired for stealth jobs currently the soft cap is set to 100 players for the guild. Pretty much small teams to get the job done.  Does this answer you question?

We do plan on having a European presence, but not necessarily on European servers our guild leader will answer more questions in about 5 hours when he's off of work.

Our Guild services can basically only go to the people/guilds on the server we have already chosen to fight in. As to not be spread out to far and in turn be less effective.

For now I'll try to answer as best I can to your questions. 'w'!

Edited by AriesWaterfall

hey mate, are you planning on expanding this guild to EU servers aswell?

You got me, I'm worth it alone ;)