Scree

[Obsidian] Crowfall Stealth Operations

Made some significant changes to the thread here. Simplified the sections and made everything clearer. Also updated the web design with some significant graphical updates and content revisions.

As a side note if anyones bored with waiting for Alpha to start, my organization is in the process of forming up an Elder Scrolls Online PVP distraction. If your interested in joining us for the action, not necessarily for Crowfall, feel free to hit us up.

I'm not sure i read that right or not, but did you guys admit to planning on DDOS-ing people in the first paragraph?

I'm not sure i read that right or not, but did you guys admit to planning on DDOS-ing people in the first paragraph?

Obsidian is a covert stealth operations guild operating exclusively in the upcoming Crowfall MMORPG title. Obsidian utilizes strategic, small-group, hit-and-run, and guerrila warfare styled tactics against its contracted opponents. Our objectives in Crowfall are simple; denial of service attacks against our opponents designed to deny them resources or access to an location.

279af1e2564b709adc8adb7bf4c2df3605906c14

Yes. We are a paid group of hackers whose only objective is not to play a game, but merely to grief players. Really? Is that what you took away from that paragraph? :P

Edited by scree

I really appreciate the design philosophy behind the organization of this guild and it definitely sounds like a good one to join! Good structure and layout please my soul, haha. One question though, will this be a strictly stealth squad guild or will there also be room for some full time crafters? I'm unsure as to which type of character I would like to play in Crowfall, as I like to do a bit of everything.

Thanks for saying as much.

I appreciate the desire to be a crafter-only, but I am dubious to anyones ability to actually craft full time. There is no market place or auction house to go to, to purchase raw materials. This means you'd be waiting on "us" to provide them to you to shape into something.

I hate to burst the notion of a full time crafting position, but I just don't see it happening within the context of the game systems and design philosophy. 

With that said I'd be happy to have a stealthy-crafter emphasis player on board and an invite was extended to you in your email ;)

Obsidian has started a new guild in ESO to use as our training grounds for Crowfall. 

Edited by snissel

I look forward to pooping in this guilds cheerios.

You can go back to your super secret covert xXx Ultra-Rainbow xXx Ops now.

That is all.

Edit: I forgot to ask. Please ally with Oran'Thul and make this easier for everyone.

Edited by tasorin

I love this idea. 

Figured I'd post to bump and I hope y'all get some good numbers.

In my past OWPvP games I've usually run multiple groups of smaller sized elements that had specialties. You can always collapse on a certain point but if you maintain your movement disciplines it is easier to capture more ground that way. Zerg mentality only usually wins out on free-for-all sieging type campaigns (when the aussies/SEA do all the work because we're asleep).

@tasorin; Who are you? No one? Okay.

@realblankspace: Thanks, we are on track to hit our soft cap pre-launch. I figure the real flood of recruits will steadily go up the closer we get to a physical game to play. 

I believe your right. I really think a well trained/practiced guild will be able to control far more territory by emphasizing squad movements versus large zerg styled guilds. Its possible they will adapt, but usually the large group mentality players tend to be more sheeps then wolves. You can bet your bottom which one we intend to be.

As a side note, we had several people sign up for membership, I've extended invites into our Slack to move that along. Check your email ;)

Edited by scree

Thanks Kuma! Still some dynamic-interactive sections to be incorporated. Plenty of time to make it even better ;)  Welcome aboard too!

Awesome group of gamers. I instantly felt welcome. I'm looking forward to playing with Obsidian!