Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scree

[Obsidian] Crowfall Stealth Operations

I sgined up to join Obsidian but haven't recceived an email back yet, hopefully it's not to late?

I haven't either =(

It's okay, if they don't accept us we'll make the batman and robin guild together  :lol: 

You can be robin.

Edited by Demosthenes

@djsweets137 & Demosthenes -

Scree has been a bit tied up, but he asked me to have you PM your email address to his forum account so he can get you invited into the guild and onto our Slack tonight.  Thanks!

@demosthenes: We are no longer accepting recruits who are not backers. If you are a Crowfall backer can you please indicate so by updating your profile so its reflected on the official forums? Also, please resubmit your email on the website and I'll look into it.

@Berinima: Thanks! :)

Edited by scree

@demosthenes: We are no longer accepting recruits who are not backers. If you are a Crowfall backer can you please indicate so by updating your profile so its reflected on the official forums? Also, please resubmit your email on the website and I'll look into it.

@Berinima: Thanks! :)

There we go, proof posted... though I'm waiting for the gifting system to go up to get a bigger bundle from a friend =)

Cool concept. I find it will be lacking though and it will end up being just another guild. I find it difficult in the 8 years of MMO playing to see a mercenary guild that works. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea and I fantasize about it as well however I don't see guilds paying other guilds to do the fun stuff. They would create a sect in the guild that focuses on behind enemy lines operations and target caravans. 

The only potential customers I foresee would be crafting guilds that want to try a campaign for resources but cannot pvp well so they hire a guild to do it for them. That is only an option as other guilds would see this as an opportunity to bring a crafting guild under the protection for gear the crafters make and not need to pay the other guild. A symbiotic relationship.

If you are really into making money as a guild then a crafting guild would be the way to go as you have a large customer pool rather than having such a small audience in exclusive crafting guilds.

Edited by Vitalized

PvE is like water to my whiskey. Don't water down my whiskey.- Ronald Reagan

Don't be a custard gonzo.- Abraham Lincoln

Honestly I agree with you. I pivoted the guilds intent after much internal discussion. We are far more likely to use extortion to get our way as I see it. This means basically camping a guild 24/7 for a week/month/eternity until they agree to pay our ransom demands. If we can fund ourselves by taking what we need from others (and gathering when they get sick of being stalked upon) so be it.

We don't plan on having a city, as that immediately makes you an easy definable target.

In all we basically will be several independant acting invisible havoc squads circulating around a campaign near you. The notion of Obsidian acting as a "mercenary" guild is no longer accurate. With that said, if someone wanted to pay us to attack their enemies, negotiations are always listened to.

Edited by scree

Yea I'm also not trying to say that Merc guilds won't be successful, I'm more concerned by how fun it would be to chain us to some organization. If its an offensive contract only, I'd be down for it. I'm not one for playing defense though. Just doesn't sound all that entertaining (or profitable).

I think the initial rush on Mercenary guilds will be too much to stand out in the pack. We are planning on just practicing and refining our

specific niche skillsets on unwilling targets for the first (if not more) campaigns. 

A lot of this also depends on if they include a game system for managing mercenary contracts. A sandbox game like this could easily screw a guild over in multiple ways when it comes to money and honoring your contracts. Can't imagine a game enforced system would do much to solve those issues though (i.e: betrayal, refusal to pay, etc.).

I suppose I could also just take up full time spying on people. Because apparently we are spies.

Edited by scree

As both a bump and a slight bit of shanghaying your post Scree, I was told itd be a good idea to post that i need europeans for my squad within obsidian :D

So,

Do you get a thrill at the thought of sneakily destroying lazy American gamers while they slumber peacefully in their beds?  Then sign up for Obsidian and join my squad! - Mcmanybucks

Vikings get extra credit.

zr4aXCc.png

Us german hordes were more feared for our stealth gorilla tactics at our time than them vikings in their strikingly obvious dragon boats.

You want the german gorilla. Not the nordic seasnake.

Well the viking was more because i am one myself.. :P any european is welcome.

zr4aXCc.png