Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Skill Points Between Classes

Infynis

When I first looked through the archetypes on the main game page, I noticed that the confessor's total number of attribute points totalled nine, while some other archetypes, like the assassin totalled ten. I was wondering wether that means that the confessor will get something extra elsewhere (which would seem to fit with the way ACE describes character creation), or if the archetype will always be slightly weaker in total. I doubt it would cause that much of an issue, but I like to try and read into these things as much as possible.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

The Confessor only NEEDS 9.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is the case (for doubt is a sin has long been purged from my soul), but that extra point could be the difference between domination, and a hard-fought victory. Just wanna know where it went.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

Artcraft is obviously not going to deliberately gimp any archetype. Characters with more starting stats will have fewer creation points or will be disadvantaged in some other way.

I suspect the 9-point archetypes will have a slight advantage over the 10-pointers in terms of flexibility; you'll have a little more freedom to build the character towards your specific playstyle, whereas the 10-pointers will have to work within a narrower band of effective choices since more of their potential is already invested.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

• 2 weeks later...

Artcraft is obviously not going to deliberately gimp any archetype. Characters with more starting stats will have fewer creation points or will be disadvantaged in some other way.

I suspect the 9-point archetypes will have a slight advantage over the 10-pointers in terms of flexibility; you'll have a little more freedom to build the character towards your specific playstyle, whereas the 10-pointers will have to work within a narrower band of effective choices since more of their potential is already invested.

I can't remember which interview it was in but they covered exactly this. They mentioned that the Legionnaire was going to have less character customization points to spend than most other archetypes because they get so many perks innate to the archetype (ie fast movement speed). Presumably this would also account for different base stats levels for the various archetypes. 

CopperStall