Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maninthefedora

Guild of Assassins

Should rename it to The League of Shadows ;P

I'd possibly be interested in this.

Edit: Lore for this game is still early but I will be looking to RP and if this guild is RP friendly. Sure I'd join!

Edited by nemesis

Suggested guild name: 

The Silence

The Hunger plagues those of the living.

The Silence plagues all.

For we are ghosts in the night.

And shadows in the day.

Should rename it to The League of Shadows ;P

I'd possibly be interested in this.

Edit: Lore for this game is still early but I will be looking to RP and if this guild is RP friendly. Sure I'd join!

We are always looking for new members currently! It's once the beta opens up that I'm going to get a little more stingy about the joining of new members. I would be fine with you doing RP, so long as it doesn't get annoying, if you understand what I mean.

Where do I sign up?

By commenting here you already have if you want to. Send my account a friend request and it'll be easier.

Suggested guild name:

The Silence

The Hunger plagues those of the living.

The Silence plagues all.

For we are ghosts in the night.

And shadows in the day.

Good name! I like the short bio for it, maybe it will be used. Bonus points for finding a way to make it rhyme.

Leading the hired hands to their personal gold-lust.

With a fedora on.

RP annoying? What you mean by that exactly?

There is a level between rp and being able to play a game. Just remember to listen and make contributions to the guild, even when in character.

With a fedora on.

So what are all of your plans from the archetypes we have been given? I personally love the Fae Assassin, and it will probably be the one you all see leading you to riches. I'm hoping for a wide variety, as it will be necessary in the upcoming wars.

Always could use a Tank, like the Templar, as a sort of lure for our enemies. Assuming there is a sealth/cloak skill, the Fae Assassins could be hidden while the Templar attacks, then the cloaked assassins attack.

Want to join a Guild? Check us out at: http://thetradecompany.shivtr.com/

large.png?1427076055

Always could use a Tank, like the Templar, as a sort of lure for our enemies. Assuming there is a sealth/cloak skill, the Fae Assassins could be hidden while the Templar attacks, then the cloaked assassins attack.

I'm hoping that the greater the group of people in battle is, the more effective a cloaked attack is, but this would rely on a system of "get hit and lose cloak." The more people in an area, the tougher it is to weave around atacks from everyone, especially (what appears to be) battle cries from what we saw in the trailer. Finding someone all alone outside of batle and attacking them would do less unless you had them sent a message that you're hunting them down would also be nice, so that you actually fight

With a fedora on.

Now, I'm planning on leading the guild, and I will split up the members into four groups that anybody can work for. These four leads will have jobs that are given to me handed to them to assign to the members of the guild, or to take on themselves. Groups may be chosen by the leader, or he gives a role of leadership to a member and he picks out who he wants in it for the specific job. Some will only require one person, and if there are two people who want it, I will allow a duel for it or them to peacefully fix it among themselves. My ideas for the four groups are Assassins (major killing jobs, typically single man jobs if the stealth system works well, may have people working together) Mercs (Protection and mostly made up of tanks and healers, jobs such as protection and can be bought by a guild to use in battle) Crafters (Manage pretty much all the resources and make weapons, any jobs to make weapons will be given to them but will only be taken if supplies are given) and Scouters (Search new areas, check boss levels for raids, sneak into other guilds and become a trusted member, etc.). Leaders will be chosen from the current crop of people who have joined in the forum page, and roles may be switched depending on who works hard enough. I will start as the leader, and stay that way in the Eternal Kingdoms, but within the other realms leaders will be picked based off of how the last campaign went. Pay from jobs will be directed towards whoever worked on them, with only a small tax going to me for spending on helping the guild itself rather than personal use. I will take jobs as well if I want money to spend on myself. If you all have suggestions to this, go ahead and share them with me over a private message, I'm always open to new ideas. 

With a fedora on.

I think I'll start as a Stalker. Move swiftly around other players to test their limits. Ranged attacks will be extremely necessary for battles and even more deadly for small-scale operations. Why risk being spotted when you can eliminate them before your arrival? The thrill of the hunt is always nice, but early on this guild will need to establish itself quickly and quietly like a Stalker's arrow. Once we have a strong foundation, I'll toy with my opponents. Play an assassin role, perhaps a Confessor or a Frostweaver will do the trick. I want to change the dynamic among the different classes though. Counter a brute with ranged attacks. Counter a ranged attack by going in hand-to-hand. Stealth counters magic; magic counters stealth. Most players (if not all) should be familiar with these concepts.

In this guild, we should change it up. Keep them guessing so long as we're "guessing" successfully. If stealth will really work the way we hope it does, then we need to evolve our understanding of stealth. Sure, solo missions to kill/apprehend a target minimize loss of life and increase the ratio of risk:reward, but 2 knives and 10 arrows are better than 1. Running in small packs as previously suggested above would be the best approach. Remain stealthy or maintain distance until it's time. Even lions hunt with skill. They have 3 or 4 that triangulate the target. The first two run interference to make their prey run in a direction chosen by the interference path. The 3rd lioness (or 4th if in a pair, perhaps more) then barrels straight for the target. It's an ambush attack, but in doing so it creates confusion on behalf of the prey. It's my guess that stealth will not be so unbalanced. As soon as you attack or come up from a crouching position, you'll be seen. Perhaps it will operate like Elder Scrolls with a "seeing eye" icon on your screen that will let you know if you're visible.

I think I'll start as a Stalker. Move swiftly around other players to test their limits. Ranged attacks will be extremely necessary for battles and even more deadly for small-scale operations. Why risk being spotted when you can eliminate them before your arrival? The thrill of the hunt is always nice, but early on this guild will need to establish itself quickly and quietly like a Stalker's arrow. Once we have a strong foundation, I'll toy with my opponents. Play an assassin role, perhaps a Confessor or a Frostweaver will do the trick. I want to change the dynamic among the different classes though. Counter a brute with ranged attacks. Counter a ranged attack by going in hand-to-hand. Stealth counters magic; magic counters stealth. Most players (if not all) should be familiar with these concepts.

In this guild, we should change it up. Keep them guessing so long as we're "guessing" successfully. If stealth will really work the way we hope it does, then we need to evolve our understanding of stealth. Sure, solo missions to kill/apprehend a target minimize loss of life and increase the ratio of risk:reward, but 2 knives and 10 arrows are better than 1. Running in small packs as previously suggested above would be the best approach. Remain stealthy or maintain distance until it's time. Even lions hunt with skill. They have 3 or 4 that triangulate the target. The first two run interference to make their prey run in a direction chosen by the interference path. The 3rd lioness (or 4th if in a pair, perhaps more) then barrels straight for the target. It's an ambush attack, but in doing so it creates confusion on behalf of the prey. It's my guess that stealth will not be so unbalanced. As soon as you attack or come up from a crouching position, you'll be seen. Perhaps it will operate like Elder Scrolls with a "seeing eye" icon on your screen that will let you know if you're visible.

I hope so. I really like your ideas on the system, it's very well thought out and will suit our team well. I'm just wondering if we can sneak items into the summoning circle buildings.

With a fedora on.

I'm sure you can. I recall reading how you're somewhat encouraged to scout out those areas ahead of time as those will be highly contested throughout the campaign. More players, more enemies, harder survival, etc. So trying to sneak something in is extremely likely, but you can only deposit things into your specific account/vault. As far as I know, there's no guild vault is there? Or did I read wrong?

Gameplay-wise, I'm thinking that if you have the resources to manage it, you can set up a caravan with little-to-no high value items to draw the attention of raiding parties. In the meantime, you sneak in a small pack of guild members at different intervals to drop off items. Minimizes loss of life and allows the guild to more easily re-group from a safe distance. But this doesn't take into account the environments. Flatland summoning circles will be much more difficult than those located in wooded or mountainous areas, but potentially more rewarding at the same time according to the devs.