Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, you can just run! Seriously though, just to "get around" they may have something like a pack mule, something that doesn't require a lot of investment in riding. But it may be slow. Riding/Mounted Combat in MO took an investment in skill points. It was a choice, a style of play. It was not the only viable style of play. I think it will be the same here. That being said, tamers will make a lot of gold me thinks!

Figurine mounts will surely be tradable (they share normal item properties!!). If the Riding skill comes from a Discipline, then it's probable everyone will be able to ride "low level" mounts, while only specific players will be able to use them all (aka, there could be a specific subclass for mounted combat?).

Edited by fenrisddevil

Killable, stealable, and tameable. I like it. Hopefully the pack animals will also be lootable. I also like that even the figurines degrade over time.

I love this wording.  "Killable, Stealable and Tameable"  

29y5saq.png

Everyone hold onto your horses, we are in for a bumpy ride  :P

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mattis

Just, please, don't add mount fatigue.  Strategically placing replacement mounts around the map (a la pony express) might sound fun, but isn't in practice.

I think there should be. I hate to keep referencing MO, but in that game certain mounts served certain purposes. Some could carry great amounts of weight but were slow. Others were quite fast but could carry very little. The good thing is that you could breed mounts to try to create better stock, or superior mnounts.

Mounts generally had tiers of speed. At full gait, the mount would start to exhaust it's stamina bar. You would eventually have to stop and rest to regain stamina. At a moderate speed you could run all day. It made you manage how you used your mount. I liked it. I am not in favor of having a mount be able to run warp speed all day to avoid/evade contact. 

Tamer for life.

I loved taming in UO and was a creature handler in SWG, so much fun finding animals and taming them, especially rare/hard to get ones

I hope there are rare animals in Crowfall.

Heck I think it'd be amazing if certain animals/mounts were unique to one campaign world, but if you have one still alive at the end of the campaign/win , it can then be brought with you tot he EK and into another campaign world.

So you could have unique mounts from other campaigns in another (but still risk losing it like other mounts).

I think there should be. I hate to keep referencing MO, but in that game certain mounts served certain purposes. Some could carry great amounts of weight but were slow. Others were quite fast but could carry very little. The good thing is that you could breed mounts to try to create better stock, or superior mnounts.

Mounts generally had tiers of speed. At full gait, the mount would start to exhaust it's stamina bar. You would eventually have to stop and rest to regain stamina. At a moderate speed you could run all day. It made you manage how you used your mount. I liked it. I am not in favor of having a mount be able to run warp speed all day to avoid/evade contact. 

Mount fatigue could also be a counterbalance to running on foot where characters are often tireless. Fast burst-speed vs constant. Hare vs tortoise

Edited by M0rdred

Just, please, don't add mount fatigue.  Strategically placing replacement mounts around the map (a la pony express) might sound fun, but isn't in practice.

Now I'm going to advocate mount fatigue because of:

Long journey Caravan mounts would not race well, but would not get fatigued while combat mounts would be fast but not be able to sprint for long.  Mounts being an infinite mobility resource isn't necessary either, let's experiment with finite mobility mounts (Which recharge anyways, so it is more of a gated mobility resource).

Edited by sneaky_squirrel

I love the update on mounts.

I think the devs are doing everything they can to enforce the realization that the GAME is played in the Campaign Worlds (  where the animals that can be tamed are found )

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I think the devs are doing everything they can to enforce the realization that the GAME is played in the Campaign Worlds (  where the animals that can be tamed are found )

That was obvious since the beginning.. some people were not happy with PVP mechanics and hoped for a Disney World instead.

Edited by fenrisddevil

Sounding great so far.

I just hope that mounts control like mounts, like you're actually riding a horse or animal and not simply like the usual mmo style of mounts where it's basically the same as controlling your character but with a faster movespeed.

horses should have more then 1 speed, you should be able to walk/trot/canter/gallop and the speed of them shouldn't be "held" back. They should also take time to "turn" at speed (IE you shouldn't be able to gallop at 40mph and then suddenly spin around and face the other direction).

Mount and Blade style mounts would be amazing.

That was obvious since the beginning.. some people were not happy with PVP mechanics and hoped for a Disney World instead.

It was only obvious to some of us:)  YET, look around.  Hope STILL springs eternal.  Disney World is still beginning planned.    

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Sounding great so far.

I just hope that mounts control like mounts, like you're actually riding a horse or animal and not simply like the usual mmo style of mounts where it's basically the same as controlling your character but with a faster movespeed.

horses should have more then 1 speed, you should be able to walk/trot/canter/gallop and the speed of them shouldn't be "held" back. They should also take time to "turn" at speed (IE you shouldn't be able to gallop at 40mph and then suddenly spin around and face the other direction).

Mount and Blade style mounts would be amazing.

Given statements like "characters have mass" and the impact of the physics engine on everything from characters to rocks to projectiles, we can certainly hope for more realistic mount movement behavior.