Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peekachew

Question for SB DEVS.... INTERSERVER TRAVEL and why didnt it happen

As the title says, Sb was supposed to have inter-sever travel. This would have allowed mourning players to travel over to treachery servers to do battle. Was this sbs intended fix for zergs in some way or was this a fix for low server pops???? What was the grand purpose of this design? I've been dying to know what you guys had in mind in regards to this and would love to be enlightened by your answers. Also why was it never fully implemented??

Edited by peekachew

This feature was advertised and dropped before the game actually released.

I honestly would anticipate there were two reasons it was dropped.

The first is that technology probably wasn't not advanced enough at the time to make this feasible on the regular. It took them a bit to get the migration of characters right.

The second is that it weakens the bonds that you have with the people on your server. Sounds somewhat silly but it actually is kind of a big deal. The easiest example I can come up with isn't from SB but is from WoW where crossrealm BGs were introduced. I knew all the horde that did BGs regularly on my server and it was fun to compete against people I saw regularly and learned more about every time I played against them. A lot of that was lost when the crossrealm bgs were brought in and it kinda sucked even though queue times were shorter.

Obviously those are both speculation but I imagine it had to do with at least one of those.

We just ran out of time and money. Anything that wasn't complete and/or core to shipping the game was cut.

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

We just ran out of time and money. Anything that wasn't complete and/or core to shipping the game was cut.

which describes all the Launch problems pretty well, eh?

here's to praying to Moloch and Malorn YOU guys don't repeat that mistake...

we're rooting 4 ya there big guy...and remember ...we have trebuchets, and we ain't afraid ta use 'em

Excelsior!

Edited by doc gonzo

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

I can see why it was disabled, people would make top tier gear on test without any effort and then transfer all that to competitive servers

ummm you do relaize that Test ran on a different client than the regular servers...and thus would not be able to "travel"

simple enough to keep it out anyway...just flag it or don't put the "gate" on it at all

soOOOoOOOOoOOOoooo.. not an issue...instead, it's what JTC said...

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

Ohhhhhhhh Nice word usage "fallacious"  :)

well....tho i am the Duke of URL, yer olde Doc is well know for his more sesquipedalian tendencies when it comes to his perambulating prose and prosaic pronouncements of wit and wisdom...

yeah, and being a bit verbose as well

i can haz vocabulary?

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

well....tho i am the Duke of URL, yer olde Doc is well know for his more sesquipedalian tendencies when it comes to his perambulating prose and prosaic pronouncements of wit and wisdom...

yeah, and being a bit verbose as well

i can haz vocabulary?

Excelsior!

LOL  I think I'm gonna like you  :D

LOL  I think I'm gonna like you  :D

oh dreck...how will i live with myself?

/seppuku

{8^P~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(you know i'm Jesting, yes?)

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

which describes all the Launch problems pretty well, eh?

here's to praying to Moloch and Malorn YOU guys don't repeat that mistake...

we're rooting 4 ya there big guy...and remember ...we have trebuchets, and we ain't afraid ta use 'em

Excelsior!

I can give you the stone

And a trebuchet

sigcappaap3.jpg

Edited by cappaspada

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

Todd is right when it came to launch. Actually, though, Damion and I worked out a system where we were going to add it. The short version is there would be a war-world where everyone could compete and the victors could use the gates there to travel to another realm and conquer it. Unfortunately, it didn't come to be. Instead we were given the direction that we needed to add some new Races and Disciplines to help boost the game. So our second expansion, Throne of Oblivion, became that instead of world travel.

Edited by ashentemper

Sean aka Ashen Temper | http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Without the Player, there is no Game!

Rogue druids, why were they cut?

Haha, probably the most popular request on the SBemu lore stuff.

We pretty much didn't allow any stealth healers or stealth summoners... until the vampires :|

Sean aka Ashen Temper | http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Without the Player, there is no Game!