Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
masterofspelss

Petition For The Unicorns!

What happens when you stick a sword through a zombie horse's head?

4cUgJrH.png

Bog Unicorn!

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

If we get mounts, I am sure they will release some form of unicorn, especially since it seems like the easiest accommodation mount. While people are asking for lions (PLEASE), wolves, boars, dragons and such, they would need entirely new models. However, granted we reach mounts and caravans, we are definitely getting horses so slapping a 3 polygon addition of a horn and a new texture, pretty simple. Especially when that is all you need, a triangle polygon.

If we get mounts, I am sure they will release some form of unicorn, especially since it seems like the easiest accommodation mount. While people are asking for lions (PLEASE), wolves, boars, dragons and such, they would need entirely new models. However, granted we reach mounts and caravans, we are definitely getting horses so slapping a 3 polygon addition of a horn and a new texture, pretty simple. Especially when that is all you need, a triangle polygon.

The only good reason I've read for unicorns.

Honestly, if they do it, they should make it as unique as possible, beard, hair around the hooves, and maybe slightly different physical structure, more on the smaller side.

The typical cheap white horse with a horn on it doesn't really make for much impact. Simplicity withstanding, if we have a horse with a flaming mane and tail, they may as well embellish mythical steeds as best they can without getting impractical.

Some other interesting horses would be a 6 or 8 legged battle horse, extremely powerful fighter, Pegasus, can only get a little elevation and glide with a regular rider, and Hippocampus, a horse that can swim exceedingly well and travel under water.

I think some features should be class locked or inaccessible due to competitive role assignment, but some form of these creatures and features would be entertaining.

Instead of getting complex with different kinds of steed, actually exploring the depth of equine mythology would be intriguing.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Honestly, if they do it, they should make it as unique as possible, beard, hair around the hooves, and maybe slightly different physical structure, more on the smaller side.

The typical cheap white horse with a horn on it doesn't really make for much impact. Simplicity withstanding, if we have a horse with a flaming mane and tail, they may as well embellish mythical steeds as best they can without getting impractical.

Some other interesting horses would be a 6 or 8 legged battle horse, extremely powerful fighter, Pegasus, can only get a little elevation and glide with a regular rider, and Hippocampus, a horse that can swim exceedingly well and travel under water.

I think some features should be class locked or inaccessible due to competitive role assignment, but some form of these creatures and features would be entertaining.

Instead of getting complex with different kinds of steed, actually exploring the depth of equine mythology would be intriguing.

Ooh, yeah, how about some kind of Unicorn hybrid, it could have the head of a unicorn, a set of horse hooves, another set of cat paws, and the back legs of a bird or something. The front hooves could be used for attacking while the extra paws would let it still be able to stand without rearing, it would also make it extremely fast. I would do a little doodle for an example but I'm on my iPad.

See? Just because it's called a Unicorn doesn't mean it has to be a white horse with a horn, it can be anything really, as long as it has a horse head and horn.

Edited by masterofspelss

7lXqKFL.gif

Ooh, yeah, how about some kind of Unicorn hybrid, it could have the head of a unicorn, a set of horse hooves, another set of cat paws, and the back legs of a bird or something. The front hooves could be used for attacking while the extra paws would let it still be able to stand without rearing, it would also make it extremely fast. I would do a little doodle for an example but I'm on my iPad.

See? Just because it's called a Unicorn doesn't mean it has to be a white horse with a horn, it can be anything really, as long as it has a horse head and horn.

The interbreeding of completely different species might not be considered PC, just saying

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I point you to the Elkin...

so i hit up google and this was first. 

"ELKIN is a women's ready-to-wear line from designers Kara and Brit Smith in Los Angeles, CA."

So I'm confused now.  o.0?

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

Unique yet still authentic, distinguishing a Unicorn from a Horse based on classic descriptions is not the same as making it some unrecognizable Chimera...

A Qilin on the other hand has a lot more room for originality.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I do not support unicorns unless there is wide popular demand and the model is a cheap copy of a horse with a triangle.

Edited by Holyvigil

I've said this before and I'll say it again. As much as I think that unicorns are majestic as hell, I don't think they are fitting for Crowfall. Just my $0.02. :P

You're shattering my dreams Tini!

yTzeAMV.jpg

There's no good reason for them to exist. We already have mounts and the game is centered around competent strategy so I don't think immortality beyond the "eternal heroes" would work at all. Like it would kill the entire game. If it's an active healing effect then it would need to be a one shot to balance out it's power and at that point it really just becomes superfluous, since when are you going to snort your magical unicorn cocaine? When you're in a large battle, and in battles such as that every tenth guy snorting his boney pixie stick leads to a lot of repetition. Think to any other strategy game or MOBA or whatever, what's the first thing you do when somebody stands up after you kill them? You kill them again and make sure they know you meant it that time. As mounts what are they going to have that the others don't? A special charging horn? Congratulations you just did an extra 3 points of damage with a headbutt, here's your cookie. If you just want a faster mount do something more along the lines of Sleipnir, it fits with the Norse theme and would give a bit better flavor than a celestial horse of supreme magic good. Pure of heart? How are we to determine that, do you even think there would be more than .000001% of players that could actually be considered good people in game, it's a game about furthering your agenda. Diplomacy plays into it but I doubt that many of us are going to be paragons of virtue and justice.

You know what, after all that.... Maybe we do need unicorns. But they don't necessarily have to be for the good and righteous...

Have them appear to the young virgin women. Like unicorns are fabled to have done.

If done right it would be awsome. to be honest the real unicorns in this game would be huge white horses with something on the head who are almost impossible to kill and more importantly not good to kill. killing a unicorn is one of the worst thing you can do. So evil players would attempt to kill to unicorn while the angels would be fighting along with it