Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
inflames21

Other Possible Archetypes?

illusionists?/dominator ? what other archetypes would you like to see later on in the game? or by launch time?

"people are stupid , given the proper motivation can be made to believe any lie; either because they want to believe it is true or because they fear it is true" - wizard's first rule

Minotaurs and lizard men

This. I need a minotaur anything in my life.

LW_sig_concept5.jpg

Through the Hunger and Darkness, might our Light shine through...

- (Future) Character name: Ydriel -

I have couple:

1. Professional victim - fairly useless to start, but get stronger every time you kill them. If there are other professional victims in the group, for each group member that dies, each gets 'persecuted' stacking buff. This buff persists through death. Ultimate attack - "privilege check" that silences and disarms all enemies with less 'persecuted' stacks than caster.

2. Old timer - this class is very slow but has tons of hit points. Equipment is limited to a death robe and [blessed] halberd. If more than one in the group, they have to fight to death to decide who stays. Old timer is immune to everything. Periodically debuffs entire group with "Back in my day" debuff that has a chance to bore your character to death. Ultimate attack - can use abilities from any discontinued MMO, usually 1-shotting target.

3. Bandwagoner - this class is very fast, when running away. Weak when alone, but will gain "strength in numbers" buff for each other bandwagoner in the area. Ultimate attack - zerg rush, that deals bonus damage for each bandwagoner attacking the same target. 

4. Dirty dev - this class wears blue robes and can teleport. Can delete structures and ban players on a short cooldown, but targets are arbitrary, so friendly-fire is very likely. Dirty devs have to constantly chain 'Boast' spell, that leaves very little time in combat to use thier abilities.

5. Furry fandom - this class is forced to select non-human races. Equipment is limited to skimpy underwear. If grouped with other classes, "awkward" debuff applies. Can apply LARP buff to other furries. Ultimate attack - Rule 34 that stuns every non-furry in the large area, leaving them speechless and applying "bleeding eyes" DOT.

Warlock.  has to use Scythe though.

I like the Savage class from DAoC. Using HP to fuel attacks.

Bard. Uses flute, lute, any other stringed instrument. can use drums as well.  Uses cords to create the buffs, damage, etc.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

I have couple:

1. Professional victim - fairly useless to start, but get stronger every time you kill them. If there are other professional victims in the group, for each group member that dies, each gets 'persecuted' stacking buff. This buff persists through death. Ultimate attack - "privilege check" that silences and disarms all enemies with less 'persecuted' stacks than caster.

2. Old timer - this class is very slow but has tons of hit points. Equipment is limited to a death robe and [blessed] halberd. If more than one in the group, they have to fight to death to decide who stays. Old timer is immune to everything. Periodically debuffs entire group with "Back in my day" debuff that has a chance to bore your character to death. Ultimate attack - can use abilities from any discontinued MMO, usually 1-shotting target.

3. Bandwagoner - this class is very fast, when running away. Weak when alone, but will gain "strength in numbers" buff for each other bandwagoner in the area. Ultimate attack - zerg rush, that deals bonus damage for each bandwagoner attacking the same target. 

4. Dirty dev - this class wears blue robes and can teleport. Can delete structures and ban players on a short cooldown, but targets are arbitrary, so friendly-fire is very likely. Dirty devs have to constantly chain 'Boast' spell, that leaves very little time in combat to use thier abilities.

5. Furry fandom - this class is forced to select non-human races. Equipment is limited to skimpy underwear. If grouped with other classes, "awkward" debuff applies. Can apply LARP buff to other furries. Ultimate attack - Rule 34 that stuns every non-furry in the large area, leaving them speechless and applying "bleeding eyes" DOT.

My favorite post in a good long while.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

yeah that one made me crack up lol 

"people are stupid , given the proper motivation can be made to believe any lie; either because they want to believe it is true or because they fear it is true" - wizard's first rule

I'd play it.

Naga and Mermaids would be good for a naval expansion, beyond that, a Shield and Spear Soldier archetype is desperately lacking...

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to do the latter with knight, templar, legionnaire, or champion. Templar had a concept art for a promotion class with spear.

Chimera: can not wear armor, weapons, etc., but you can use different parts of the body and the bodies of defeated enemies, absorbing them into his own body, can use his blood and the blood of enemies to impose buffs and debuffs.

P.S. I'm sorry, but I do not speak English.

Edited by Lait

I posted a tree ent idea in the suggestions section, with a little jiggling it could probably be a fully fleshed out concept with an engaging/iconic hook, but other then that there's nothing really left for me to go "I need that"

illusionist would be cool , maybe a mind bender of sorts... night blade(think ninja with throwing stars or some fancy speed like attacks) a saboteur(thing bombs and all sorts of nasty devices) maybe a psion or archon a form of close-mid range like caster/melee combo with some devastating self buff/debuff combo-like abilities. ( sacrifice their armour , life etc to increase every other aspect of their nature)

1334902687855.jpgbadguysorcererapril72.jpg?w=364&h=292PZO1129-Investigator_500.jpeg

Edited by inflames21

In might and magic VII you have good and evil promotions

"

CLASS PROMOTIONS LIST (FOR GOOD AND EVIL/PATH OF LIGHT AND DARK)

ORIGINAL      1ST PROMO      2ND PROMO (Good)     2ND PROMO (Evil)

Paladin           Crusader                 Hero                                  Villian

Archer        Warrior Mage           Master Archer                      Sniper

Ranger            Hunter                 Ranger Lord                   Bounty Hunter

Sorcerer         Wizard                  Arch Mage                            Lich

Thief               Rogue                       Spy                               Assassin

Knight           Cavalier                  Champion                        Black Knight

Monk              Initiate                     Master                                Ninja

Druid         Great Druid               Arch Druid                          Warlock

Cleric             Priest              Priest Of The Sun              Priest Of The Moon

"

some seemed somewhat odd but you get the picture.

I think mmo's should finally allow players to join the dark side.How many mmo's have actually done that?

Edited by Tipsy

The dominator class from City of Villains was one of my favorites. Mastermind was right up there too. The dominator was able to control fights to an exceptional degree. However they often lacked in other areas severely. It was very interesting to play as. Masterminds also took a different approach. They were summoners, yes. Except they made you really feel in control. As if you were the head honcho of the group you commanded.

If they ever want some ideas I say they look to those classes. They were fun with a drastically different take on the typical expectations.

I'm not an idiot, I simply choose not to think.

2CdBx2L.png