Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dyon

Cosmetics For Ek?

Just from reading some of the threads on this forum it is obvious that the community is split on the importance of the eternal kingdoms, but as for myself I like to view them as my own little world I won't allow anyone else on and will look at and admire from my castle every so often. That said, would anyone else like to see the implementation of cosmetics for their own personal EKs?

Examples:

-Different types and colors of foliage that you can either earn or buy

-Different types of minerals and rocks

-Being able to change skyboxes and or weather patterns

-and obviously the various materials you will be able to acquire to build the various structures in your own little world

Maybe it's just me but I have this idea of my guild spending a lot of time to make a massive and very impressive world where we can all hang out and reflect on how awesome we are. Share your thoughts, including if you think this idea is dumb, I am dumb, and my face is really dumb.

I would venture a guess that there will be quite a bit of cosmetic stuff for the EK especially in the cash shop and there will be regular updates for even more cosmetic stuff. There are a ton of people that can't wait to build their personal kingdom. They just aren't being as vocal and whiny about it like the people that are complaining about the EK.

"But above all do not bind the anus all that there is congenial to your vision of paradise staff" - leonelion

Current ignore list because these people have no sense of reality or common sense: sheen, unknownxv, doomgrin, willwill, crowmagnonman, santa

I totally would love to see cosmetics implemented if they were able. Would love to be able to do something tundra and icy, or like Rivendell or Lorien type feeling. I think this idea would definitely appeal to anyone who spends much time building up their EK

I would love to see cosmetics in the Eternal Kingdoms.  I would prefer them to be player crafted, but I would understand if they ended up in the cash shop.

I hope that the EK (among other things) will be player housing to beat all previous player housing. But this one goes to 11 !

Would be really nice if all the fluff is designed with overall aesthetic in mind.  I would hate to see a high tech pulse fire skinned world being the place where everybody hangs out.

Selling cosmetic skins for the EK is a great idea for cash shop items, players that choose to support the game do not gain a direct advantage and get to stand out among the rest.  For example, we could have architecture skins for the structures in an EK that exist within the universe of the game (Centaur Romanish Architecture, Human Aristocrat fancy Architecture etc).

But of course, no cash shop cosmetic should be given outright (Unless its a small item), players should buy the skin and build the new design using a character with the appropriate crafting skill.

It is really hard to think of new cash shop ideas though.  What can they sell besides cosmetic?  Convenience items that cannot leave the EK?  But then that would be an advantage for social hub competition.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

yes.. as the EK is a big fluff garden, I dont mind people having all sorts of cosmetic stuffs. Put it in the cash shop and let the fluffers support the game aswell ^^

Let them fluff this game, so that we can have game of throne style conversations ala South park. As we plot treachery and get yelled at by Zinnie to get out of their garden.

Besides I look forward to customizing the EK. Sprawling lands, a giant castle, and open pvp at my leisure. Wonderfully bloody times.

Would be really nice if all the fluff is designed with overall aesthetic in mind.  I would hate to see a high tech pulse fire skinned world being the place where everybody hangs out.

Selling cosmetic skins for the EK is a great idea for cash shop items, players that choose to support the game do not gain a direct advantage and get to stand out among the rest.  For example, we could have architecture skins for the structures in an EK that exist within the universe of the game (Centaur Romanish Architecture, Human Aristocrat fancy Architecture etc).

But of course, no cash shop cosmetic should be given outright (Unless its a small item), players should buy the skin and build the new design using a character with the appropriate crafting skill.

It is really hard to think of new cash shop ideas though.  What can they sell besides cosmetic?  Convenience items that cannot leave the EK?  But then that would be an advantage for social hub competition.

Weapon/armor skins. Facial hair, tattoos, summonable/lootable mounts (you keep the skin though).

Am hoping to see something like this implemented.

If it is, we can expect to see community competitions for player designed content and limited time unique items appearing in-game long after Kickstarter.

Also, adding requirements to craft said items will add a degree of pride and achievement to owning them.

+Can't see enough of your face to form an opinion. :huh:

go nuts with customization in the EK.

I see no harm in it :)

It was frightening to see how many people bought a 20€ plushie for their house in AA.

go balls to the wall with the prices. people will buy that nonsense either way!

Edited by freeze

I'm way more inclined to buy random fluff than things like extra character slots or bank space. I'm not saying those shouldn't be in, but you only need so much of either of those examples. Since we're talking mostly art I would like to see them put out polls for what people would be interested in buying for cosmetics. That way the more popular items get made or made first which means its also worth the effort developing those art asset to begin with.