Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IshotMarvin

Farewell, Sweet Forum

f1a5f46af424dca6ab1f6b722da2371f.png

We knew you well.

"Remember: the greatest fault of a human being is to imagine oneself to be flawless; the next greatest is to imagine that acceptance of one’s faults negates said faults."

Good thing I'm up late posting and got that nasty Bot!

You may want to implement a delay before a new thread can be created by normal users. Generally resolves the majority of it without impacting non-spammers too badly in my experience.

I'm not an idiot, I simply choose not to think.

2CdBx2L.png

You may want to implement a delay before a new thread can be created by normal users. Generally resolves the majority of it without impacting non-spammers too badly in my experience.

Pretty sure that is already in.

yeah...this one is heading to Off Topic, bot squished by one of our Illustrious Leaders and banhammered...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Yeah it is already in. But I'm glad most of the forums doesn't post often enough to know there is a delay between posts.

Like Adall. Way to post too much....

Well. You illustrated a perfect example of a system that is not doing it's job. If I could not even discern it's existence and have observed a bot wreaking havoc daily then the current setup is achieving very little ultimately.

It may be time for them to reevaluate the limitations if bots are still slipping through with relative ease. Having one bot spam up the forums can be avoided through a number of means. One option is altering those limits. In the current state it does relatively little to combat them.

Alternatively they could even enforce a short duration limit prior to thread creation by new users. Bots commonly aim for thread creation. Not individual posts. So that may assist as well. Once again, if there is one I see no evidence of it.

I'm not an idiot, I simply choose not to think.

2CdBx2L.png

If they spent more time developing their bots for good instead of evil, maybe they wouldn't have to sell gold in games to feed their families. 

I'm pretty sure the guy using bots to do low cost large-scale advertising on forums doesn't see his action as evil. He's probably thinking : "oh well it doesn't hurt anyone and I'll be able to make my website known to everyone".

Good thing I'm up late posting and got that nasty Bot!

Thanks Thomas! Bots seem to become an increasingly more annoying part of modern life.

Member of The BlackHand Order