Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

03/18/15 - We're In The Top 20 Biggest Game Kickstarters, Ever!

Good morning, Crows!

We have a few updates for you this morning...

Crowfall crowdfunding continues -- yesterday, we were the 20th largest video game Kickstarter in history -- and this morning, we've climbed to #19! As our campaign draws to a close (just 1 week to go!) we hope you'll help us get the word out, so that we can continue to march up that list! Let's talk about character advancement!

We've put together a short video where a few of our team members summarize how character customization works: archetypes, skills, promotions and disciplines. You can check it out here:

CharacterYTthumb.jpg

We also hope you enjoy the last of our behind-the-scenes interviews hosted by Natalie. In this final segment, I  talk about the narrative inspirations behind Crowfall, and the ideas that led me and Gordon to form ArtCraft Entertainment.

TYThumbTodd3.jpg

We are also delighted to announce a new member of our team: Valerie "Pann" Massey, Community Director. Valerie has a wide foundation of MMO experience, including many years as the senior director of PR and community management EVE Online.

...and for those who might be curious -- no, this doesn't mean Tully is leaving us! It just means that he'll be spending a LOT more time working as a game designer on Crowfall. We're not replacing Tully... only Eric. (j/k Eric!)

7 more days to go -- let's keep that momentum going! We're only 150 backers from that next backer stretch goal (free VIP month for everyone!) and about $75,000 away from Mounts and Caravans (and mount figurines for all tiers $60 and over!)

Lastly, if you can’t use Kickstarter payment methods to back us for some reason, we now have PayPal (and some other payment methods) available worldwide. Just create a Crowfall.com account, log-in and go here: https://crowfall.com/#/payment We strongly recommend you use Kickstarter to back us if you can though!

We can do this, folks -- let's make Mounts and Caravans a reality!

Edited by Arawulf

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Welcome Valerie!!!

And, wow, more updates. The info is starting to come out a bit more furiously now. 

I chuckled at the note at the end of the Character Progression vid - looks like Thomas may have included one too many disciplines in his description! EDIT: ThomasB clarified that this video was recorded before they settled on three disciplines and that Vampires and Werewolves were mutually exclusive disciplines. Source

And yes, the variety between characters will be pretty insane. I like it!

Edited by Arawulf

I have a feeling I'm going to have an extreme case of alt-a-nitous . lol, that's not a bad thing; but feel like its going to take me a few months to narrow down what i want to play!

I think you guys forgot about paypal!

1) -59k (not 75k) to 1.3m

2) -72 backers (not 150) to 13k

Ah, you could also include that paypal is actually available now as a payment method. Many still have not realized.

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Welcome to the new Community Manager.

The 2nd YouTube link is the same as the 1st one could you fix that or in case there is a 2nd movie which was supposed to be released i am sure the community would be glad to see it

Thank you

The 2nd YouTube link is the same as the 1st one could you fix that or in case there is a 2nd movie which was supposed to be released i am sure the community would be glad to see it

Thank you

You are correct.  Until they fix the link: on YouTube just click on Crowfall to see all their videos.  The second was posted at the same time as the first. 

http://www.twitch.tv/Waikikamukau Yes, it's Why-Kick-Uh-Moo-Cow / Twitter: @TheMukau

Welcome Pann!   

Poor Tully, back to work!  No more surfing the web (doing community PR of course!) or watching cat videos (learning to herd cats forumers).  

Rip Eric (again) :P

Back into the shadows! (I'm basically Batman) 

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Thank you

Should be fixed now.

Welcome to Pann!  In honor of our new Community Manager, I'd like to make the following oath.

*raises right hand*

I, Oridi, do solemnly swear to maintain as high a level of courtesy and articulation as I can on these boards. I promise to read posts twice before I leap, claws bared, into defending the Rights of the Squishy.  I promise to avoid avidly reading meltdown threads and limit my footstomping I'mmagonnaquitIswearI'mmagonnadoitWhereAreUnicorns! style posts to one per calendar month.

I promise to adhere to the rules of logical debate and avoid calling people who don't agree with me a poopyhead.  I will aim to use humor rather than scorn, reason rather than ranting, and resist the incessant lure of t.r.o.l.l.i.n.g as much as possible.

I retain the right to post endlessly on just about anything, the right to be a staunch advocate for crafting, and the right to fret about the EK until the EK info drop happens.

Thanks Tully for keeping these boards afloat. Fortunately it looks like they're making all the archetypes wear your face so we'll still see plenty of you.

Edited by Oridi

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Welcome, Pann. Get in here and make this game last until you're ready to retire!

Welcome to Pann!  In honor of our new Community Manager, I'd like to make the following oath.

*raises right hand*

I, Oridi, do solemnly swear to maintain as high a level of courtesy and articulation as I can on these boards. I promise to read posts twice before I leap, claws bared, into defending the Rights of the Squishy.  I promise to avoid avidly reading meltdown threads and limit my footstomping I'mmagonnaquitIswearI'mmagonnadoitWhereAreUnicorns! style posts to one per calendar month.

I promise to adhere to the rules of logical debate and avoid calling people who don't agree with me a poopyhead.  I will aim to use humor rather than scorn, reason rather than ranting, and resist the incessant lure of t.r.o.l.l.i.n.g as much as possible.

I retain the right to post endlessly on just about anything, the right to be a staunch advocate for crafting, and the right to fret about the EK until the EK info drop happens.

Thanks Tully for keeping these boards afloat. Fortunately it looks like they're making all the archetypes wear your face so we'll still see plenty of you.

Fan crush?

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Can we get some clarification on when we pick a promotion class?  From the video it was worded in a way that indicated after character creation but before you get into the game which seemed weird.  I know this is probably just a minor mistake but clarification is always great. :)

Welcome Valerie, and congrats Crowfall on reaching the top 20! Can we get to the top 10? :)

Edited by MattVid

Vidrak - Member of

mael4.jpg