Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tierless

Werewolf/gladiator/bounty Hunter?

Remember this isn't Shadowbane, so it's likely that the Gladiator or Bounty Hunter are promotion paths rather than disciplines.  I'm betting that it's Gladiator that is part of the Champion line.

Remember that many of the featuires of this game "Character creation system and runes, Discipline system" Are near carbon copies of what was in shadowbane, I wouldnt rule it out so quickly and say "This isnt Shadowbane"... I for one cannot wait to see how many people gimp their characters right off the bat by not knowing how SB's creation system works.

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

Oh god help us if they allow SB's creation system... that was an aspect that was terrible.  That players could rank up a character that should be persistent from campaign to campaign only to have it rendered obsolete by patch changes does not bode well for Crowfall.  I'm hoping they won't have such a significantly impacting character creation system this time around.  A little customization here and there is fine, but gimping your character because you have 10% less intelligence than you should at max level is just horrible.  With the limit on character slots, getting it right the first time is even more important.

After character creation, though, it's so far so good.

Can my Disciplines be changed?  

Yes, you can overwrite existing Discipline Runestones with new ones. Doing so will remove or reduce the benefits granted by the previous Discipline, and destroy the old one in the process.

Oh god help us if they allow SB's creation system... that was an aspect that was terrible.  That players could rank up a character that should be persistent from campaign to campaign only to have it rendered obsolete by patch changes does not bode well for Crowfall.  I'm hoping they won't have such a significantly impacting character creation system this time around.  A little customization here and there is fine, but gimping your character because you have 10% less intelligence than you should at max level is just horrible.  With the limit on character slots, getting it right the first time is even more important.

After character creation, though, it's so far so good.

I'm guessing you haven't been paying attention to what the Dev's have been posting about Character Creation or any of the videos where J. Todd talked about it.. Lets see if any of this sounds familiar:

From this thread: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/641-011315-character-creation-preview/

We see six "attributes": Strength, Spirit, Intellect, Dexterity, Movement and Armor and that you have a set amount of Creation Points to spend to modify your attributes. Hmm sounds familiar to some other game that has been mentioned.

From this thread: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/907-012015-character-creation-preview-runes-runes-runes/

We see a partial listing of "starting" runes such as Lucky, Fleet of Foot, Eagle Eye and Ambidexterity, hmm this also sounds familiar to that other game again...oh wait there is a reason why:

Lastly, presenting the 2/2 page of character creation -- in which a few more questions are answered.  In this one, you get a glimpse of the "Advantages" and "Disadvantages" system (which SB players will recognize as a direct descendent of the talents and traits system, only with more customization.) 

So it isn't like they hid the fact that they were going with a modified Shadowbane Character Creation system.

We see a partial listing of "starting" runes such as Lucky, Fleet of Foot, Eagle Eye and Ambidexterity, hmm this also sounds familiar to that other game again...oh wait there is a reason why:

These aren't the problem runes, so I couldn't care less about them.  Few people would ever even take them.  The runes that the majority of people took were ones like Brilliant Mind and Warlord's Page.  Those are the runes that can screw you over by not taking them at level 1, and considering this isn't Shadowbane where you can PL a new rerolled toon with a master Warlock (thank you very much real time skill gain system) any mistakes to your character are permanent.

If the only things we have to worry about are THOSE minor improvement runes, we're fine.

These aren't the problem runes, so I couldn't care less about them.  Few people would ever even take them.  The runes that the majority of people took were ones like Brilliant Mind and Warlord's Page.  Those are the runes that can screw you over by not taking them at level 1, and considering this isn't Shadowbane where you can PL a new rerolled toon with a master Warlock (thank you very much real time skill gain system) any mistakes to your character are permanent.

If the only things we have to worry about are THOSE minor improvement runes, we're fine.

Did you ever think that since they have a rune at creation called Dimwitted that reduces intellect that they might have one that raises intellect?

Did you ever think that since they have a rune at creation called Dimwitted that reduces intellect that they might have one that raises intellect?

There's a difference between raising intellect and raising maximum intellect by ~10%.  Also, there's no reason to think that when they said there would be an advantage and detriment system.  That is clearly a detriment and can be used to offset an advantage like Lucky.

The vast majority of runes in Shadowbane's character creation were either useless for point cost or a TRAP option, while others were godlike essentials that defined your eventual ability to hit for stupid amounts of damage more than someone else.  That's what I'm looking to avoid here.

Not as cool as Werewolf/Bounty Hunter/Berserker. That's how I'm currently leaning.

If I can go into a

WHILE in werewolf form then hell. There will be no stopping me!!!

>.> what if there's a bounty on werewolfs?

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

>.> what if there's a bounty on werewolfs?

Then he just to die, respawn at his tree, run back to his corpse, pick it up, and deliver it for the bounty.

Oh god help us if they allow SB's creation system... that was an aspect that was terrible. That players could rank up a character that should be persistent from campaign to campaign only to have it rendered obsolete by patch changes does not bode well for Crowfall. I'm hoping they won't have such a significantly impacting character creation system this time around. A little customization here and there is fine, but gimping your character because you have 10% less intelligence than you should at max level is just horrible. With the limit on character slots, getting it right the first time is even more important.

The thing you complain of was one of Shadowbane's greatest strengths. Replayability. It's what's for dinner.

If they were to remove the ability for players to screw up their build they might as well scrap the game.

Edited by coolwaters

Honestly if they do have 3 disciplines, the Werewolf/Gladiator/Bounty Hunter isn't a thing to be ruled out. The Gladiator and werewolf disciplines are pretty much already confirmed and "Bounty Hunter" is more or less a play style, so you could do it. Then to improve your bounty hunter skill maybe just get a discipline for "Tracking" or something

The thing you complain of was one of Shadowbane's greatest strengths. Replayability. It's what's for dinner.

If they were to remove the ability for players to screw up their build they might as well scrap the game.

This isn't Shadowbane where everyone could have 8 characters per account.  The game has limited character slots so screwing up means deleting someone entirely.  Coupled with the real time skill ups, that screw up can cost you months worth of playtime while you wait for your replacement to reach peak.

Honestly if they do have 3 disciplines, the Werewolf/Gladiator/Bounty Hunter isn't a thing to be ruled out. The Gladiator and werewolf disciplines are pretty much already confirmed and "Bounty Hunter" is more or less a play style, so you could do it. Then to improve your bounty hunter skill maybe just get a discipline for "Tracking" or something

Bounty Hunter was in the same list that they gave of the types, so it's just as confirmed. They stated that it'll provide skills used to help "Finding people"

This isn't Shadowbane where everyone could have 8 characters per account.  The game has limited character slots so screwing up means deleting someone entirely.  Coupled with the real time skill ups, that screw up can cost you months worth of playtime while you wait for your replacement to reach peak.

This game also has no NDA from Alpha 1 til release so do some research before you make your character on the live servers.

sibcrowfall.png