Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anotherneko

Rip Headset

The problem with anything powered is that there's always noise.  It may be imperceptible while there's something going on...  but personally I cannot stand that.  The only time I used powered headphones or earphones is for noise-cancelling on airplanes.

I've had my Logitech Z5500 speakers for over 10 years now and I LOVE them, but the last few Logitech things I've bought (mouse and something else) have left me wanting.  I used to be a huge Logitech fanboy...  but I'm not any more.

Yeah, I was logitech everything for the longest time, webcam, speakers, headset... you name it.

The last five years or so I've noticed that the quality has just kinda gotten all 'blegh'.

In order of price I would get... I've used them all

- Razer Carcharias ($55)

- Astro a40's ($100 on sale)

- Sennheiser game ONE or Zero ($200)

- Beyerdynamic MX300 ($400) what I use

Figure out if you want Open or Closed back headphones.

If you want audipphile headphones but lower budget than the mx300 get a nice pair of beyerdymanic dt770 (or equivelent) and a modmic

What website has the Astro a40 for $100??? All I see is at least $150 for them. Edited by Fruitfly

I have the 2013 edition. Fair warning to who ever is interested in that headset or the other high end ones, you will need a sound card to really see why they are worth it. 

Most people these days have no sense of high quality sound, be it music or otherwise...  hence the awful, popular idea that "hey, on board sound is just as good".

Also, lack of taste and sense of music explains the popularity of modern hip hop.

Edited by rhone

Most people these days have no sense of high quality sound, be it music or otherwise...  hence the awful, popular idea that "hey, on board sound is just as good".

Also, lack of taste and sense of music explains the popularity of modern hip hop.

Personally,  i never really cared about music.

But about sound quality, yes, differance in sound quality just comes to my ear as "another way of representing sound". Not bad , not good, just diffrent style.

BTW you guys should check Strix 7.1

If you have a good sound card, I would recommend Siberia V2's with 3.5mm connector. Most good sound cards have built-in headphone amp allowing for good sound performance from your headset. Very light, good overall sound quality for a headset, great bass and 50mm drivers.

If you have a good sound card, I would recommend Siberia V2's with 3.5mm connector.

Woof - so I ended up getting the Siberia V2's because of the pricetag/referrals from you guys.

Didn't bother to read the thread...  didja?

It's okay...  happens to the best of us.  But when it's less than two full pages, there isn't much of an excuse not to...

Not like he will be the only one reading this thread and possibly looking for a new one.

Assuming you mean "she".

But either how...  I guess we could just turn this into a "everyone post your favorite headset" thread, despite its original intent.

http://m.us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/pulse-wireless-stereo-headset-ps3.html

Best headset I ever owned until my >2 year old nephew grabbed the part that plugged into the USB port and yanked straight down. Nephews are just destructive to headsets I guess. Anyway that one is compatible with computers too.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

i've had a 10 but will still go inside an 8

IM WATCHING YOU, GUY

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I realized Anotherneko has bought some but love showing my gear.

Corsair H1500 is what I'm using. Washable earmuffs are a great feature.

1500.jpg

Any issues with mic volume?  I considered those but a lot of the reviews have complaints about mic volume levels.