Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CopperStall

Blessing Availability Changing Per-World

I had an idea while commenting in the General Discussion forum so thought I would summarize it here. I've linked the original post if you want more context: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/4684-relics-artifacts/?p=112909

Instead of having all Blessings available in every Campaign they could work well as a tunable per-world parameter. 

This also could work nicely if you put the blessings into categories reflecting their source. This would add a way to have character's "higher level" associations influence the types of benefits they could receive. They could be separated by influence ring (God's Reach = Order/Chaos/Balance; Infected = Diety; Shadow = Teamwork; Dregs = Solo), Archetype, Discipline, or any of a dozen other game mechanics.

Instead of having a blanket "3 of anything" blessings slots we could have "1 ring, 1 archetype, & 1 discipline" blessing slots? Or it could be 3 of anything but which ones are available in each Campaign could be different for every campaign. For example: Campaign A supports any archetype or discipline blessing but only ring blessings from the same ring. 

Just floating ideas. Even if this isn't in right away it could be made easier to add later if it is considered early.

CopperStall

Based on the topic posted by the devs, it looks like the buffs will be divided between combat, resource gathering, and possibly others. If they are to limit bonus types through campaign rule sets, they will likely divide it along those lines. I don't think they will limit what bonuses you can have though. It seems like something that would be way to small to put into the rules. Keep in mind, before we pick a campaign, we have to read through the rules, and if they start limiting every little tiny thing in the campaign, that will be a long and boring chore. I'd prefer the selection windows to be no longer than 1.5 inches on my screen, and for the rule sets only to change major things.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

This idea should still be on the table.  However the Devs what to break up the grouping doesn't matter.  Campaigns should have the option to be as loose or as strict on rules as they feel like.  Variety is the spice of life.  Knowing so little about what the final blessing system is, I think its foolish to exclude it.

There is something to be said for not having to read the rules like a lease agreement... so I'll give you that.