Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zomnivore

Mmo Crafting The Bane Of My Existence.

If crafting is sitting at a forge station, and watching a loading bar complete, while I silently wonder why the nature of my escapist passion has brought me back towards boring tedium, and for what deed do I deserve this punishment, count me out.

If crafting is as simple a function as finding items, and using some internet data-mined guide to put together some well performing stat specialized piece of kit....well by all means drive me away from that 'content'.

I'll be out there having fun, in the field hunting for your materials, while you poor sad lowly loading-bar watchers are left to contemplate the nature of game economics and whether or not that gold farming/AH bot is really injustice or some cruel artful satire of your current purpose/station.

However, if its in some way not a soul sucking foray into the tedium of the skinner box, then why yes, I'll very much enjoy joining you.

You know, that part of games being fun, well yes, I very much enjoy having fun thank you very much.

Edited by Zomnivore

You seem to be mistaken that you have the only definition of what's fun in games.  That's okay.  Crafters are sure to make a mint off people just like you who don't enjoy economic PvP :D

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I feel the same way about crafting and farming. I cant do it for more than half an hour at a time before turning the PC off.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

There's nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion. Some of us are statistics nuts. I thrive on the recursive nature of subtle changes to an items outcome. For me, it's not just about smacking rocks for gold, it's about finding the most efficient place to smack rocks so I can edge out the other guy who needs to smack rocks for his new business.

The way I play games is a mix between Wolf of Wall Street and The Imitation Game. The mental aspect of winning an economic game has more depth than winning the PVP game.

PvP can be reduced to item stats applied to moves and counter-moves. Crafting is like having a chess match with an entire population.

Crafting ain't gonna win you the game, bro.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

If crafting is sitting at a forge station, and watching a loading bar complete, while I silently wonder why the nature of my escapist passion has brought me back towards boring tedium, and for what deed do I deserve this punishment, count me out.

If crafting is as simple a function as finding items, and using some internet data-mined guide to put together some well performing stat specialized piece of kit....well by all means drive me away from that 'content'.

I'll be out there having fun, in the field hunting for your materials, while you poor sad lowly loading-bar watchers are left to contemplate the nature of game economics and whether or not that gold farming/AH bot is really injustice or some cruel artful satire of your current purpose/station.

However, if its in some way not a soul sucking foray into the tedium of the skinner box, then why yes, I'll very much enjoy joining you.

You know, that part of games being fun, well yes, I very much enjoy having fun thank you very much.

Sad OP is sad.

Sad OP is also woefully unaware of the crafting info released so far as well as the history of the folks developing the actual crafting system.

I'm reminded of a guy at a bar complaining that if the new keg of beer he just saw roll in is another keg of bud light then he's not gonna drink it cause bud light is watery and has no taste and what's the point of drinking beer if it's got no buzz to it and another guy slaps him on the back and says "bud light sucks!" and then there's a general bonding moment in the bar over how much everyone hates the new keg of beer.

Ya don't even know what kind of beer is in the keg.  The label on the outside says Kosterbrew and that's very far from bud lite territory in the crafting world.   I'll make you a deal - you stick around and check out crafting when we actually get to play and if it's not more than watching a bar load up I'll buy you an ale.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

To be honest, the information for this kickstarter has not been well centralized so please bare with my willful ignorance. Its one of the ways I goad people into throwing useful information at me.

And I still get to be a chuckle nut, its a win win on some deeply fulfulling level.

Edited by Zomnivore

Crafting ain't gonna win you the game, bro.

I beg to disagree.  Bringing it back to SB the same exact spec played by equally skilled players will be handily won by the group in resource rolled gear vs the group in random rolled gear even if they appear identical.  Part of what I do well is wringing every last drop of advantage from template, group composition and gear.

I beg to disagree.  Bringing it back to SB the same exact spec played by equally skilled players will be handily won by the group in resource rolled gear vs the group in random rolled gear even if they appear identical.  Part of what I do well is wringing every last drop of advantage from template, group composition and gear.

Let's pretend for a second QFT ever crafted a thing then.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Why aren't you in the Crafter Master List bro? They're all gonna laugh at you!

To be honest, the information for this kickstarter has not been well centralized so please bare with my willful ignorance. Its one of the ways I goad people into throwing useful information at me.

And I still get to be a chuckle nut, its a win win on some deeply fulfulling level.

Annnnnd you're of no use to anyone other than yourself.  Selfish Panda!  You're in the crafting section man, up your game!  Wow us with your musings, show us your POV that makes the furrowed brows among us suddenly beam with understanding.

Bring your brain up to speed - we need moar brains!

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

/sigh

You know your guild will never live it down. Its okay there's things Ill never live down either. Our past decisions affect us forever.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Woah woah woah, I'm a guy with only so much time, yall are supposed to be the rabble horde of excited over excited deep diving information splurging super fans.

My lazieness...err clever utilization of my time, and exploitation engagement with those most excited about the game and willing to share details should be celebrated as I represent a very large userbase of interested, but time restricted consumers.

We're like the ingame version of sheep, and the consumer version of sheep wearing wolves, so all you super fans should really be reeling us in eh?

Edited by Zomnivore

I hope it is a huge time-sink. Not that I want it to be grindy but, I want it to have real depth to it. I want items to be made quickly but, I hope that between proficiency and other crafting related systems that it takes a while to master.

Now, I know that the skill itself is mostly passive training but, (sorry for beating a dead horse) I can't stress enough how much I want to see some kind of difference between hardcore crafters and casual. Pleasssseeeee let me put proof in my pudding.

Pudding Proof.