Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kiruh5k

Ek Wars

Anything that provides a "farmable" . . . deflecting conduit . . . to people, if not entire Guilds, avoiding game-play time in a CONFLICT WORLD is problematic and counterproductive thinking (imo).

At this time.

Once the Gestalt of the game solidifies in the first year or so, there will of course be interesting adjustments or addendums to the game.  The idea of PvP in EKs perhaps one of them.

But right now all this interest in having to have "EK WAR-ZORS" feels entirely too much like finding ways to side-step around CW related time-sinking.

One step at a time, horse before the cart, no wine before it's time.

Edited by Bramble

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

At the beginning there was a huge misunderstanding about this. Many of us understood that EK wars were endgame. It was a fascinating idea. Further into development it came down that EK's were strictly player housing. Has this been reversed in some sense? I don't follow the news half as well as I ought.

As for general PVP, it's my understanding that they intend to allow pvp permissions to be modified by the EK owner by plot. Also this could be wrong or outdated.

While I think that Being able to flag 'Available for challenge' in Ek's is a very cool idea, there were concerns it would draw people away from the campaigns. Personally I think the drive to go get materials to rebuild would counter this.

Another issue with this is that currently structures can not span plots, no large walled cities crossing plots and limited spaces for buildings on said plots.

One amongst many cool ideas that's absolutely not needed at launch, who knows though, if there continues to be a lot of support for the idea, it may come to fruition down the road. More than any other game I've witnessed Crowfall is conscious of the community's desires.