Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thoughts On Vr Support

I'd assume that of the 15k supporters about 1k will have the Rift. Maybe 3k by launch.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

I think it's a smart goal that can create some buzz and attract more backers. Unity5 has native support for it, so like others, and Tully himself, have said, it shouldn't be an incredibly huge time sink. 

Not my cup of tea. I dont like playing in first person in these types of games anyways.. And VR in third person seems off to me.

I'd take a nice 4k monitor over VR any day.

I'd assume that of the 15k supporters about 1k will have the Rift. Maybe 3k by launch.

I don't think that many people will have an occulus rift for this game in 2 years.

yTzeAMV.jpg

I don't think that many people will have an occulus rift for this game in 2 years.

I doubt it to but if they manage to get the 15k backers, players might say "meh, why not" and buy the Rift.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

I support this stretch goal.  It adds another level to the people who will be interested.  It may not interest some of you guys, but some people will want this game now just for this feature.  Again this is the kinda stuff that will put this game to the next level.  It is just one more thing that will separate it from other games. 

It will bring more backers.  The guys that can afford the  Oculus rift are not the ones buying $40 packages.  They will pledge at a higher level.  Expect more Star Citizen type players to back this project now.  The techie guys will have more interest now.  

You guys that already pledged are not the target market, they got you guys on the flaming mounts or the trashy pre alpha animations.  So basically it does not matter what your personal opinions are.  They have marketing guys that know way more then most of us.

Where are these people? Who is going to back Crowfall just because it supports VR?

Do you know ANY PVP MMO player looking for a game to play on VR? Jesus christ..

It's like giving the option to play football on a wheelchair but with "super glasses" or whatever. Sure it would be fun to use one or two times (if you have the equipment) but why the hell would anyone want to play football on a wheelchair in the first place?

Do they think some VR fans will fall for it, when there are dozens of other games that are being built for VR exclusively?

They're aiming for an audience that doesn't exist for this kind of game.

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Where are these people? Who is going to back this game just because it supports VR?

Do you know ANY PVP MMO players looking for a game to play with VR? Jesus christ..

You're kidding yourself if you think people who buy a $200+ VR headset aren't going to be seeking out any and all games that have VR.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

I am definitely buying a VR setup the moment they become good. The ones I have tested still seemed to be blurry at times, text hard to read, etc.

As for making a stretch goal for a third person sandbox MMO game? I don't think it is the best use of any time, as it doesn't feel like the right kind of game to be using it anyways. I would much rather see this come at a later time, then right out of the gate.

Vidrak - Member of

mael4.jpg

You're kidding yourself if you think people who buy a $200+ VR headset aren't going to be seeking out any and all games that have VR.

So it's a cash grab? Then make a stretch goal for UNICORNS like that guy said in the suggestion box, right?

(there are more people out there looking for MMO with unicorns than PVP MMOs with VR, btw)

Make a stretch goal to have JESUS CHRIST in the game.. it doesn't add anything but you know how many Christians you can fool?

MAH... no words

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

I guess if you look at it as a "Throw in" both the pack pig and the VR are good. I just don't see them as being enticing to get me off the fence if I haven't backed. The stretch goals really should be alluring to those that have yet to join, but maybe I am being to critical.

I agree. Other than Mounts and Caravans I feel like they miscalculated their SGs in what is an otherwise extremely well calculated KS. 

I role play a wordsmith.

Do they think some VR fans will fall for it

Yes ^^^  banking on it.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I have zero VR experience, but this is what I imagine:

I have just finished a bane (oops wrong game) and I am at one of the numerous open segments in my enemy's wall. I remember that earlier in the week my VR headset came in and I had done whatever was previously required for set up, but had no real in game usage yet. As I stand there looking at the wreckage and destruction we just reaped, I put on the VR setup. 

I am transported. Standing looking around at the battleground of the previous epic as hell 3 hour battle. We won as the enemies numbers dwindled due to the late hour, my team had more determination, and apparently more coffee. Being more immersed makes the victory high, that much greater. I can see what I have sowed and it feels like I'm actually there. I can see the corpses of the last fallen who simply went to sleep instead of fighting, and the billowing smoke from the armor shop, we didn't want to burn that down, obviously, it's ours now! 

In the background I hear, at first, a far away scream. I look around trying to figure out what is happening. My girlfriend rips my VR headset off my face screaming at me to go to sleep or she'll cut me.

It's perfect.

H80gRQt.jpg

So it's a cash grab? Then make a stretch goal for UNICORNS like that guy said in the suggestion box, right?

(there are more people out there looking for MMO with unicorns than PVP MMOs with VR, btw)

Make a stretch goal to have JESUS CHRIST in the game.. it doesn't add anything but you know how many Christians you can fool?

MAH... no words

What a f*cking red herring.

You question who would buy a game for VR, I bring up that the heavy investment in the technology means people will seek out VR games...

..And then you turn around and use that to indict ArtCraft for making a money grab (despite you previously doubting the existence of those people).

Give me a f*cking break dude.

Better yet, you could just pull your head out of your arse and read why they wanted to implement VR support in the KS Update. They like the technology. They're creating an immersive game. They think pairing them both will create a better experience for some.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.