Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sagorian

Thoughts On Vr Support

I propose two new axioms:

• Artcraft knows best

I'll buy in on that, given that the people they've hired have made most of the NA MMOs that have been released since the term was coined.

In fact, I did! :D

I wonder how many people defending the VR support as the next backer goal, would have done so if it was posted in the suggestion forum by a random user.

I don't have anything against VR support, but that is so true lol.

I wonder how many people defending the VR support as the next backer goal, would have done so if it was posted in the suggestion forum by a random user.

I was asking about VR support on twitter earlier this month: https://twitter.com/_Teekey_/status/572825075382161408

ArtCraft even hinted then that they were interested in it.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

While VR support is an interesting idea and I'm certainly curious to see what it has in store for us gamers in general, I feel that no one is going to play an MMO for extended periods of time wearing something that cumbersome, it's a bit like consoles and the whole body moment control thing, experience shows that sort of thing just doesn't mesh well with extended periods of 'serious' gaming.

Edited by Mookzen

/agree

Edited by Tierless

I role play a wordsmith.

VR is still such a gimmick.  It's getting there, but it doesn't seem like it should be an early priority for this game which has so many other things it could focus on. 

I don't know if they will even hit 15k backers but if they do it won't be because VR support got people wildly excited.

I think it's a waste of time and resources. I'd rather they focus on game mechanics and additions for all rather than a gimmicky item that the majority of their base will likely never use anyway. I love the VR stuff and its the way of the future, but I think for a crowd funded niche game its just not a good move. /shrug

Agreed. VR takes to much of the time they should spend on content and mechanics. Like 0.1%, if even that, will use VR for Crowfall.

Edited by Selo

If I could go back in time, I'd bet you would have said vr is great, but better things could be put up as immediate backer goals.

Like what? They're already including everything in the Core Module that I want (The Dregs).

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

Like what? They're already including everything in the Core Module that I want (The Dregs).

uhhhh.... shadow and infected? Oh yeah those are supposed to be stretch goals..Ok then, more pigs or something. Anything other than something that obviously will make it in whether or not it reaches the goal. The fact that they put VR as the next backer goal makes it pretty obvious it was going to be in no matter what,

Give us kickstarter-unique backer goals that benefit the early backers. Oh well too late.

Edited by Wogga

Do I think it is somewhat cool, sure, but it makes absolutely no sense! Why is anyone going to want virtual reality of a third person game? And no, there will not be first person as stated here: 

"3d person (over the shoulder) mouse and keyboard controls.  In this particular area, we are similar to traditional MMOs"

From the footage we have seen, the early building seems to be first person or some other "build mode" but that isn't really "immersion worthy".

To me, it's pointless. A first person view of a third person view, not very immersive. Plus immersion is always loosely said because any cartoony environment is weird for virtual reality. Is it closer to your face? Sure, but you need the $400 headset. I mean cool, but why even waste our time on this? There is literally no difference in it and in general, this feature can be created in about 10 minutes, because again, it's still third person. If the goal said "Oculus Rift and First Person Mode" that might have a different response but appealing to the 10 people who own an oculus rift, then making it still third person, it makes no sense.

Edited by tarzan525

Do I think it is somewhat cool, sure, but it makes absolutely no sense! Why is anyone going to want virtual reality of a third person game? And no, there will not be first person as stated here: 

"3d person (over the shoulder) mouse and keyboard controls.  In this particular area, we are similar to traditional MMOs"

From the footage we have seen, the early building seems to be first person or some other "build mode" but that isn't really "immersion worthy".

To me, it's pointless. A first person view of a third person view, not very immersive. Plus immersion is always loosely said because any cartoony environment is weird for virtual reality. Is it closer to your face? Sure, but you need the $400 headset. I mean cool, but why even waste our time on this? There is literally no difference in it and in general, this feature can be created in about 10 minutes, because again, it's still third person. If the goal said "Oculus Rift and First Person Mode" that might have a different response but appealing to the 10 people who own an oculus rift, then making it still third person, it makes no sense.

I see your point. I don't think it would be a stretch goal if the core game wasn't already pretty much done and I really doubt they would jeapordize the game for something like this unless they knew everything was already at a comfortable place. This should be good news that the game is so successful that they can play around with stuff like this. If you can think of others things that are more important and not already done or included, then suggest them, and maybe they will switch it. 

I see your point. I don't think it would be a stretch goal if the core game wasn't already pretty much done and I really doubt they would jeapordize the game for something like this unless they knew everything was already at a comfortable place. This should be good news that the game is so successful that they can play around with stuff like this. If you can think of others things that are more important and not already done or included, then suggest them, and maybe they will switch it. 

I don't really want it "switched" because I think they know and we know at this point, we aren't going to get another 2,000 backers in a week. We might just get the pig. Truthfully, I don't think we will see the relics either. But you know what, the stretch goals they layed out have more or less been "Easy to do, hard to obtain". I mean when you think about it, it's taken us about a week to get another thousand backers, let alone 1500-2000. The backer curve of kickstarter is usually high increase, level out, high increase but I think with this game, the pricing alone is the thing holding it back from stretch goals. Most games make 9-15 stretch goals if they reached 1 million, but Crowfall, since it already asked for so much, isn't getting the same effect. Plus when it all comes down to it, do they really think after we get mounts that adding a sword to a temple for +5% damage to your guild is worth another $100,000? And again, we will have a bump in money the last hours do to people frantically running to buy it and (the more likely situation) hardcore fanboys frantically buying bloodstone tiers in a panic.