Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sagorian

Thoughts On Vr Support

Reaction times and awareness are totally different. 

As I said before, I think it's nothing more than a gimmick marketing niche. 

Considering you're so woefully ignorant on 3D and VR, your opinion on reaction time and it's place in the market means very little.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

All I can say is I hope you have a spare neck after a gaming session. If turning your head doesn't turn your view point the would ruin your said immersion.  If I had to pick between a VR users and a non VR user for my campaign group.. you bet I'll pick the non VR user. 

VR sounds awesome on paper / concept for the game. Even has the whole "OMG SO COOL" reaction, but the reality of it for MMO I just don't see it working.

I personally think due to having the ability to add VR via Unity 5 at ease, ACE is using that to get a little extra press attention for the game. And there's nothing wrong with that.  

Have you used the Vive or latest Oculus prototype?  Just curious if your opinion on VR and the tools for it is based on any experience or just guesses.

That's the thing.. it will matter, trust me. 

It's like comparing a keyboard turner to someone that doesn't. Or comparing a keyboard user to a controller user in FFXIV. 

Reaction times and awareness are totally different. 

As I said before, I think it's nothing more than a gimmick marketing niche. 

That's also why its optional. It easy to implement into the game and not resource heavy. Plus its an extra feature for players to choose from.

Plus I've also heard the Vive is a lot better VR experience...

Edited by SirTeddy

Have you used the Vive or latest Oculus prototype?  Just curious if your opinion on VR and the tools for it is based on any experience or just guesses.

He's just talking out of his arse. He doesn't like it, so anyone who uses it must suck at the game and was merely suckered by the marketing hype.

:rolleyes:

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

He's just talking out of his arse. He doesn't like it, so anyone who uses it must suck at the game and was merely suckered by the marketing hype.

:rolleyes:

Never said I didn't like VR, I'm thinking realistically here within a MMORPG. If you disagree with my points, then let's agree to disagree.

Edited by Elvine

Never said I didn't like VR, I'm thinking realistically here within a MMORPG. If you disagree with my points, then agree to disagree.

First time talking with Teekey? You can't disagree, his knowledge exceeds those of normal human beings!

Btw, I am waiting to see him play with VR and get rekt. :D

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Never said I didn't like VR, I'm thinking realistically here within a MMORPG. If you disagree with my points, then agree to disagree.

You're not 'thinking realistically', you're making assumptions with absolutely no personal experience or knowledge.

You can't imagine VR being used outside of a "gimmick marketing niche". So I don't disagree with your points - I disagree with your ignorant premise. 

First time talking with Teekey? You can't disagree, his knowledge exceeds those of normal human beings!

I am waiting to see him play with VR and get rekt.  :D

Still mad that you can't make and defend a single coherent point?

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

If I wanted to have a conversation with insane people I would have gone to a mental institution. ;)

Yep. People who tear your weak arguments apart and see through all your logical fallacies must be insane!  :rolleyes:

I actually agree with you guys: They shouldn't compromise the core gameplay in any way to facilitate VR.

But there's no harm in supporting it if the player base to utilize it is there and it doesn't require extraneous resources. I just don't understand why you take such an exception to it even being an option.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

This game had me sold with the new MMO/RPG/RTS portion.  The idea of different rules and different rule sets "AND" the fact you get to start over every so often.  VR support really takes the cake.  Beyond sold now.  VR is incredible by itself but being able to play it in a game like this will be amazing.  Keep it up Crowfall team!!!

To all of you that thinks that VR appeals only a niche of players and it's just a new technology, try to think about all the "new" technologies that have been developed in the last 50 years. Try to think at the mobile phone for instance... Maybe many of you are too young to remember how elusive and exclusive (and appealing a small userbase) were the first mobile phones...

Memo to self: cheer more the developers and support them on their decisions.

catfall-logo-typo-small.png

Why are you so concerned about VR being included? They've never advertised this as a VR specific game, so it's unlikely that the non-VR experience will be diminished to accommodate VR.

Remember too, the Kickstarter is for the Core Module. VR is probably being added no matter what, it's just a matter of when. This goal allows them to gauge the interest for VR support to be included on release.

In order to make a good game, controls, actions and features are designed around the way you see the game, there are things you see in third person platformers that are avoided in first person games because they don't have the proper facility to negotiate them.

They could do a segregated campaign for OC gameplay with different mechanisms, but that would divert resources, they could make the gameplay universal so it works interchangeably with first and third person gameplay, that's very disappointing for third person features, or they could do a dry conversion of the third person gameplay to first person... Which is kinda tacky.

If it's just a dry conversion of third person gameplay to first person OC support, or OC third person gameplay... Than its whatever, but by nature features are designed with all applications in mind, I have no confidence that inclusion of different game inputs won't interfere with the construction of the game.

OC needs a huge amount of application testing before it should be pursued by lean independent developers, especially Crowfall.

This isn't the first time or feature I've seen that directly conflicts or fails to meet statement expectations, but it represents a possible huge liability.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but where in the entire promotion of Crowfall before this was this feature discussed? It's the 11th hour, and an unwelcome feature is being thrust into the package many of us have already committed to. That's like being told by your new girlfriend that she has children after you've been dating a month, and she's never even asked if you like children... Things like whether or not a baby's daddy will interfere or whether she's a tolerable mother and family woman are things you might rather avoid, but at least wanted to know before establishing a relationship...

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

This game had me sold with the new MMO/RPG/RTS portion.  The idea of different rules and different rule sets "AND" the fact you get to start over every so often.  VR support really takes the cake.  Beyond sold now.  VR is incredible by itself but being able to play it in a game like this will be amazing.  Keep it up Crowfall team!!!

Assuming stretch goals are hit  there will be other rulesets

Think about these when you think about the beginning of VR...

"Television won't be able to hold on to any market it captures after the first six months. People will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night."

Darryl Zanuck, executive at 20th Century Fox, 1946

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."

Ken Olsen, founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977

"Almost all of the many predictions now being made about 1996 hinge on the Internet's continuing exponential growth. But I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse."

Robert Metcalfe, founder of 3Com, 1995

Edited by Drothschild

There are so many things I would want to see over VR!

VR is still in its infancy, and very few players would even use it.

I thought female centaurs was a bad choice.....VR implementation is even worse!

Scrap it and find something that will benefit everyone!

dulpoa76627.png

I love how ridiculous this has become

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)