Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

03/19/15 - 13K Backers! New Goal Unlocked!

13,000 Backers! You know that what means? 1 month of VIP for all pledge levels!

In Today's update, we show off our progress with the male knight animation set and Billy runs through another time-lapse creation of the Guinecean Duelist in Vector.

Additionally, we're adding a new backer stretch goal this morning!

Since the beginning, we have we really (really!) wanted to add VR support for Crowfall. We think that our vision -- the immersive environments, the seasonal effects and the visceral, sweaty-palms-oh-dear-lord-whats-around-the-next-corner survival nature of our gameplay -- is a perfect fit for virtual reality.

Thanks to Unity 5's native support of Oculus (and we're hoping Vive at some point!) we are excited to say that the possibility is in our grasp -- so we're including it as a stretch goal. Help us find 15,000 backers and we'll make it happen!

UpdatedREWARD_stretch6b2.png

Knight Animation Preview

It has been a few weeks since our last animation preview, but it's time to display our current progress with the Male Knight. Remember, this is all pre-alpha!

KnightAnimYT.jpg

Duelist Poster Timelapse

Billy is back again with another time-lapse of his vector art. The candidate this time is the highly requested Guinecean Duelist and pack pig!

YTDuelist.jpg

Two variants of the final piece can be found below:

CF_PosterSeries_Duelist_Solo.jpg

CF_PosterSeries_Duelist.jpg

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

sweet loving that you guys are keeping content flowing too so i can deviate my browser from time to time from the kickstart page.. 

Edited by thejanitor

I think VR support might give people heart attacks. I mean:

A freaking castle falling on you.

Assassin hiding behind a corner of a building and as soon as you turn around.

Zerg running at you. 

Falling to your death.

Gamers will have to play in the bathroom or a sound proof room (from the girly screams coming from grown adults). (Both would be ideal) And with a life alert bracelet.

I don't want to be the party pooper once again, but seriously? VR? at this stage?

There's a poorly made sockston of other stuff that would benefit the game so much more than that nonsense.

Scratch that nonsense goal pls.

I have to agree, as excited as I am about VR.. There's time and place for that to happen..

y9tj8G5.png

The animations are looking smooth as butter...I love it.

I'm not so sure Occulus Rift support is such a good idea. I guess I just don't see the payoff for the time/dollar investment. Now, if the game were locked to a first person perspective, I might change my view (har).

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

I don't want to be the party pooper once again, but seriously? VR? at this stage?

There's a poorly made sockston of other stuff that would benefit the game so much more than that nonsense.

The animations are looking smooth as butter...I love it.

I'm not so sure Occulus Rift support is such a good idea. I guess I just don't see the payoff for the time/dollar investment. Now, if the game were locked to a first person perspective, I might change my view (har).

I have to agree, as excited as I am about VR.. There's time and place for that to happen..

Built-in support in Unity 5 means it is probably a really easy thing to add, especially given that they're tying it to a # of backers rather than a specific dollar amount. I doubt they'd be tossing it out there if they haven't already investigated the feature and how to implement it.

Unity has native Oculus Support, the thing that would waste resources is adding Mac and Linux Support 

Agreed with the other posters that VR is a lot less important to me than things like, I dunno, filling in the rest of the promised design. VR should not be coming before Infected and Shadow, or anything else from the design vision that isn't in the "core module".

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

While I have no intention of using VR in the near future, I still think it's a nice addition to the game. Remember Unity natively supports Oculus Rift (and maybe Vive in a later stage), so it might take way less resources then people think. Also keep in mind this is a minor stretch goal, that aims for 15k backers and must be treated as a bonus. I expect another major stretch goal revealed after we reached 1.4M.

Maybe give ACE some ideas what you find cool to see for these minor stretch goals?

Edited by bramhendriks

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Unity has native Oculus Support, the thing that would waste resources is adding Mac and Linux Support 

I'm sure there is 0 need for finetuning or anything along the lines...

I fully back V.R Support. I know people who have said they will only back Kistarters if they have V.R Support. An MMO with V.R support will be truly immersive Good work Crowfall team. 

You can have 3rd person VR?

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Some times trying new things is cool and innovative, but this is a really large jump in the MMORPG space.  If anyone asked my opinion, which they haven't, I'd want to see how this has been done successfully first, before trying to add it to an already ambitious online game.

I could be wrong, I don't know enough about Unity5 and the VR, but as with everything... there's a difference between adding features, and adding good features.

I don't think this will be game breaking in any way, but man... it would scare me to add something this ambitious without seeing it attempted in other online games.

Edited by valor

The backer count goals makes perfect sense, because those goals are there to incentivise more people to back. That's why they're more flashy and less utilitarian than the primary money goals. They're meant to attract backers.

The primary goals are to get the core content out and expand upon it. Getting more backers contributes to these goals as well, so it's a win-win.

In any case, if the engine is designed for it, VR isn't actually that complicated. You just use two cameras instead of one. The 3DS and certain mobile devices have been doing it for years already.

Edited by txteclipse

I don't think this will be game breaking in any way, but man... it would scare me to add something this ambitious without seeing it attempted in other online games.

ACE team has some big brass ones, no question about that...