Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guide to the Forums [WIP]

onebalancewiz

Guide to the Crowfall Forums [WIP]

You want to know more about the forums, or need help with something forum-related? You came to the right place! Ok, so lets get started, shall we? ;)

Table of Contents:

1. Posting

2. Your profile

3. Other members

4. Important links

5. The game

6. Miscellaneous

1. Posting and Navigation

Posting isn't too hard, once you get the hang of it (I can do this, right? :P). We'll start out easy. To reply to a post by another user, you scroll to the bottom of the page on the selected thread. This is called quick reply. There should be a box that says "Reply to this topic". In this box, you simply click, type your text (Make sure it follows the forum rules), and click post. If you click "More reply options", you should come up with the "normal" reply box. You can also navigate to this type of posting by clicking "Reply to this topic" near the top left of the thread. Now, moving on to navigation. At the time of this posting, there is only 10 subforums, but note that as the title says, this is still a Work in Progress, or WIP. To navigate between threads and make sure your topic is in the right section (Or as close to right as possible, there is not a guides section yet, so could a Moderator move this when there is?), you will want to start at the main page, community.crowfall.com. Once there, select the subtopic you want. For this post, I chose General Discussion. However, if your post does not fit into any other topics, or is not about Crowfall, you might want to look into posting it in Off-Topic, Hardware, Shadowbane, or Other Games. If you would like to post an image, there are two ways. First, you can use the button that says "My Media". Through here, you can upload images or videos into your post. The second way is through "Image". Click that, and simply paste the image URL. To get this, right click the image and click "Copy Image URL". To quote others in your post, click the "Quote" button in the bottom right of their post. Once there, post as normal, and their post will appear as quoted in yours. To multi-quote, you do the same, except  you use the MultiQuote button.

2. Your profile

Your profile. The first thing I went to edit once I joined this site. Like posting, this is fairly simple and can be done in less than two minutes. To begin, click on your username in the top right corner. For me, this would say onebalancewiz. To view your profile, click My Profile. To edit your profile and make it purdy, click My Settings, to take you to your User CP. Woah. That's a lot of options, right? Most of them can be ignored, or chosen to be ignored. If you click "Change my photo..." that will edit your avatar. For defaults, that would be an outline of a person. Mine is currently set to a picture of my Pirate101 character, that I made into an avatar while I was bored. In Time Zone, you can set it to the timezone that is closest to your area. This changes what displays in the timestamps on your and other user's posts. For Comments and Visitors, I would recommend checking the first and second boxes. The third one could get kind of annoying, you having to approve people's messages to you. The rest, is ignore-able. There should be a navbar on the left. I know what you're thinking, MORE OPTIONS?!? If you would like to ignore these, you can skip to the third part of this guide. If not, pay attention c:. To customize your profile background, click Choose File in the Choose Background section. Select a file that you have saved on your computer. Mine is currently a tiled starry background from Wiz101. The rest is ignore-able, unless you would like to change your password, notifications, etc.

3. Other members

Other members. This is where the rules come into play (Play by the rules people! It's worth it to stay on forums if you plan to play!). If you want to read more in-depth, read the Forum Rules, there is a link in section four. It's pretty much self-explanatory, or you should know them if you have used other forums. Don't spam, accuse others, or troll users. One of the most important ones: if you value your account, don't tell others your information! 99% of the time, they will wreck your account. All of the following are the worst rules to break, and will result in IMMEDIATE banning. To friend other users, go to their profile by clicking on their username. Once there, click "Add me as a friend", and they will be added to your list. The only use I can find for this is quick access to their profile.

• Threats against anyone or any group.

• Viruses, malware, worms, or Trojans.

• Sexually explicit content.

• Sharing personal information about ArtCraft volunteers, employees, or any other individuals.

• Hate speech, including the degrading or vilifying of a particular race, religion, ethnic group, gender, sexual preference, or sexual identity, as well as any members of these groups.

• Evading suspension through account hopping.

• Impersonation of an ArtCraft employee or community member.

• Promoting or linking to exploits, cheating programs, piracy, or any sort of illegal activity

4. Important links

Forum Rules by TullyAckland: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/332-forum-rules-of-conduct/

Welcome! By JToddColeman: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/5-welcome/
Welcome to Crowfall! By GordonWalton: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/4-welcome-to-crowfall/

5. The game

I won't really have much in this section until the game is released. If you want to speculate or theorycraft, be my guest. Since there is no theorycrafting section, I would post it in the General Discussion OR the Suggestion Box, if it is a suggestion for ArtCraft staff members.

6. Miscellaneous

Edited by onebalancewiz

-OneBalanceWiz

Twitter addict

did you know you can stream it now, 2015.
There's no need to wait for the download to finish anymore.

did you know you can stream it now, 2015.

There's no need to wait for the download to finish anymore.

Sorry, but I don't quite understand your post. Can you clarify?

-OneBalanceWiz

Twitter addict

Sorry, but I don't quite understand your post. Can you clarify?

no I need a beta spot if this turns out to be good..

So what I meant is wonderful thread and good job hope it will help alot of people. but add some mothsdfhg add some spacing to those blocks of text!

no I need a beta spot if this turns out to be good..

So what I meant is wonderful thread and good job hope it will help alot of people. but add some mothsdfhg add some spacing to those blocks of text!

Lol, can do. That's what my teachers say, too :P

-OneBalanceWiz

Twitter addict

You didn't mention how to post using the quote or multi quote. That may confuse beginners and is helpful in a guide like yours. 

Great job. Now someone that really is new doesn't have to advertise it by asking questions others may deem silly, although IMO the only silly question is the one unasked out of fear or pride.  :)

24px5oh.jpg

If you need a guide on how to post on a forum.... Should you even be posting on forums?

Good point, lol. But if you signed up for this site and have never used a forum before, you might need it. It helped me on Wizard101 Central.

-OneBalanceWiz

Twitter addict

I swear I just posted a reply to something in this thread that's no longer here, nor is my reply ..wot.. idk
and it was super helpful nice reply to a serious question.

well this is ontopic too

Maybe your wonderful much appricated guide could mention something about this kind of stuff, a watch your mouth section :)

I swear I just posted a reply to something in this thread that's no longer here, nor is my reply ..wot.. idk

well this is ontopic too

Maybe your wonderful much appricated guide could mention something about this kind of stuff, a watch your mouth section :)

I really hope that mods don't just delete content but it gets moved to a mod only section for peer review.  Otherwise this is going to get out of hand.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

I really hope that mods don't just delete content but it gets moved to a mod only section for peer review.  Otherwise this is going to get out of hand.

The posts are hidden where they can be viewed by other mods. Nothing is getting out of hand and I would implore you to give us the benefit of the doubt that what we are doing is for the benefit of the community as a whole rather than the opposite.

well this is ontopic too

No one has moderated you at all in this thread.

I'm just replyin don't wanna derail this nice guide, I mean if it helped people on wiz forums It can help people here I like all kinds of people for a divers community. no bs.

No one has moderated you at all. Ever. 

Donno if you're trollin' me dude but, not that this email I got is related to this thread but. but bbut butts
1d6e5_clip_23kb.png

Maybe I didn't post in this thread tho but I'm pretty sure I qouted someone's question. :D

I like this gude!

I'm just replyin don't wanna derail this nice guide, I mean if it helped people on wiz forums It can help people here I like all kinds of people for a divers community. no bs.

Donno if you're trollin' me dude but, not that this email I got is related to this thread but. but bbut butts

1d6e5_clip_23kb.png

Maybe I didn't post in this thread tho but I'm pretty sure I qouted someone's question. :D

I like this gude!

My mistake. You are right, you were issued a warning for spamming another thread. It was non-constructive and someone reported you on it. Normally I would not call you out, but you posted the warning for all to see in public so I have responded in kind.

Your warning was from another post you made and was reported on. And then moderated.

Can you add a section to the guide about posts that disappear and magically change?  I'm trying to understand what is happening but things just keep going *poof*

Edited by agelmar

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

My mistake. You are right, you were issued a warning for spamming another thread. It was non-constructive and someone reported you on it. Normally I would not call you out, but you posted the warning for all to see in public so I have responded in kind.

no offense intended...i'm just trying to understand here

you said "not moderated" but he was....

he was warned because of being "reported"...was that reviewed or just a warning issued based on the report button being hit alone...and if reviewed, was it by more than one person?

transparancy on these things...especially until we know the Mods and can trust them with out precious prose can go a long way to building as opposed to antagonism...

just the rantings of an olde man...take it for where it's coming from

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...