Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I Started An Computer Games Satire Site (Sort Of Like The Onion For Mmos), Check It Out!

Chowmeister

Hey everyone,

Last week, I started "The Global Cooldown", a site dedicated to MMO and computer game satire. I even featured Crowfall in my very first article!

I would be humbled if you all would check it out and let me know what you think.

If you could also help spread the word, that would be rad!

Much obliged!

Chowmeister

www.gcdnews.com

Crowfall Article:

http://www.gcdnews.com/2015/03/kickstarter-backer-pulls-pledge-for-not.html

Kickstarter Article:

Game Studio to Seek First 'Kickhire'

Edited by Chowmeister

I love the Onion and this sort of site could be really awesome.  I have one suggestion right now.  Remove "YOUR HOME FOR FAKE MMO AND GAMING NEWS " from the page.  Good satirical comedy shouldn't give itself away right off the bat.

yTzeAMV.jpg

Thanks for the advice guys.

Just to explain, I decided to have the 'disclaimer' on my site in order to guarantee I would be able to use the names of real games and companies. As long as it is up front that it's satire, then you can't get in trouble for libel. 

If all goes well and it becomes a well-known, established site, then I will definitely heed your advice and take it down!

Cheers!

P.S. New article tomorrow :)

Just to explain, I decided to have the 'disclaimer' on my site in order to guarantee I would be able to use the names of real games and companies. As long as it is up front that it's satire, then you can't get in trouble for libel. 

Fair nuff.  Maybe make it smaller?  Like...  much much smaller?   (Is there a 0.5 font size?)  ;)

There are a few new articles up on the site since I posted this, would love to have everyone check it out.

In honor of today's kickstarter ending, I thought you all would get a kick out of this one:

Game Studio Seeks First 'Kickhire'

If you like what you read, please please please spread the word!

(P.S. I am also doing a giveaway on the site as well! Who doesn't love free stuff?)